Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Britney's version of 'I Love Rock N Roll' and 'My Prerogative' have more views on YouTube than the originals. Are we surprised?

B00by Brown who? :walkoff:

John Nett who? :walkoff:

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

1 minute ago, Towelney said:

B00by Brown who? :walkoff:

John Nett who? :walkoff:

we don't know her! walkoff2.gif 

3 minutes ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

Okay...

bobby brown and joan jett 80s fads omg knee can't relate walkoff2.gif

3 minutes ago, pieceofbritUK said:

We are not surprised :idkha:

walkoff2.gif

Britney's version of my prerogative was a bigger hit than Bobby Brown's globally. Look at the charts: Bobby Brown's was only a huge hit in the US (300 million inhabitants) whereas Britney's version was a top 10 hit in 21 countries, except in the US (I guess that it was because digital wasn't counted? idk) 

The same happened with Lady Marmalade, which eventually ended up being a bigger international hit than the original. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Prerogative 

edit: plus, both MV have some re-watch value, unlike the originals. Britney's Porsche scene was so cool.  

• Love 7
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

I don’t get the hate for I love rock n roll... it’s better than the original for me; she nailed it

Gurl

5 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

I don’t get the hate for I love rock n roll... it’s better than the original for me; she nailed it

I think it's better than the original but still sort of a boring song in general

why should I be sad? heaven knows, from the stupid freakin' things that you do🎵

10 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

Thank you!!

Taste has finally entered the chat.

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

Of course not. Legend was in her Britney brands, inc bag when she recorded those CLASSICS :queenflopga:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It's a hot, barely-legal blonde white girl grinding on inanimate objects in skimpy outfits. Of COURSE her versions are going to be more popular.

Also, it's interesting to note, both of the other ILRNR singers have complimented Britney on her cover. Cher was actually supposed to duet with Britney in some live performances for "The Beat Goes On", so it can be assumed she liked it. And that dude with the weird mouth and all the scarves from Aerosmith said he loved Britney's cover of Satisfaction.

Basically all of her covers have been approved by the original artists EXCEPT My Prerogative. For some reason (likely jealousy), Bobby Brown refuses to let Britney perform My Prerogative, and he dislikes her version.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

I Don’t Care For The Original Or The Britney Re - Makes.  But, What I Can Say Is That Both Videos Deserve To Have More Views, ILRNR Is Probably The Second Hottest She Looked In The Videos In The Britney Era (Behind Slave).  My Prerogative Music Video Is Perfect.  She Looked Great And The Car Scene Where She Drives Into The Pool Is Iconic.  Ugh, When Will Your Favs. :praisega:

13 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

For some reason (likely jealousy), Bobby Brown refuses to let Britney perform My Prerogative, and he dislikes her version.

He won’t let her perform the song? :ohwut:

B00by Brown is cancelled!! :howdareyou:

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

16 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Basically all of her covers have been approved by the original artists EXCEPT My Prerogative. For some reason (likely jealousy), Bobby Brown refuses to let Britney perform My Prerogative, and he dislikes her version.

When Will Floppy Brown Except That Britney’s Version Is Better Then His And People Only Care For The Queens Version? 

• Love 2
  • Like 1