Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Katy Perry went from Hot 100 queen to adult contemporary queen

While "Daisies" peaked at #40 on the Hot 100, it is #4 at The Adult Pop Songs chart (radio format).

It's her sixteenth top ten and she is the fifth among all leader.

P!nk is the top act with 25 top tens.

Katy needs to embrace that she is a radio format act now. 

P!nk did. Kelly clarkson did. She's just something you listen on a soccer mom van trip. 

Related:

katy-radio.jpg.a711b55d49a1bcb6333f5513543a5025.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Wow I'm suprised she even charted considering she hasn't had a hit in a while.

cool I guess lol

That's what I've been saying - she's kind of like the new P!nk. Not a huge charting force (with potential to still get a hit), but does well on adult contemporary radio / charts and will always be a big touring force. :straddle:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

💃🏻 stan of all flop pop girlies 💃🏻

13 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Katy needs to embrace that she is a radio format act now. 

P!nk did. Kelly clarkson did. She's just something you listen on a soccer mom van trip. 

P!nk is one of the most successful touring artists of all-time. :jl: 

Kelly Clarkson just won a daytime Emmy :jl:

And Katy is more than someone you listen on a soccer mom van trip imo. Doesn't seem right to put her in a box like that just because she hasn't achieved the same amount of chart success as before. :jl: 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

The downgrade. :billie: I mean sure P!nk and Kelly are successful, but to think that Katy was the most successful pop girl in terms of charting in the early 2010s to now becoming this just feels so wrong. :pika:

Unrelated, but she recently revealed that "Never Really Over" will be on "KP5" after all. Thank god, tbh - much too good of a track to ditch it like she had initially wanted to. :straddle:

💃🏻 stan of all flop pop girlies 💃🏻

where would that leave Britney Spears if she ever releases a new song again? Exhale Pop Charts Top 10 ? :didilie:

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

where would that leave Britney Spears if she ever releases a new song again? Exhale Pop Charts Top 10 ? :didilie:

That’s what I’m saying

knee fans getting too brave :jeanluc:

7 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

P!nk is one of the most successful touring artists of all-time. :jl: 

Kelly Clarkson just won a daytime Emmy :jl:

And Katy is more than someone you listen on a soccer mom van trip imo. Doesn't seem right to put her in a box like that just because she hasn't achieved the same amount of chart success as before. :jl: 

yes! Pink is a huge touring act and  still charts pretty high on the HOT 100 so people need to check your facts first! Katy tours i believe still were hugely successful and despite her album "flopping" those are still successful numbers across the board!