Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Randonautica app is weird

Recommended Posts

So I used to do geocaching and was recently told to try the Randonautica app. 

Quote

Randonautica is a mobile app that uses a quantum random number generator to give you a set of coordinates for your local area. The idea is to encourage you to explore your area with an idea in mind of what you'd like to come across.

I attempted one in passing the other day but couldn't find anything (I didn't read the damn instructions).  The next day I saw this story:  

What IS randonauting? Inside the controversial online scavenger hunt that led teens to find human remains in a suitcase - and has sent dozens of other people to creepy scenes and scary messages - Daily Mail

So I did some research and apparently you are supposed to "manifest" what you want to find.  

How could this work?  *edit* I added less creepy video 
 


Opinions??

randonauts.jpg.c1d68855859364ec040049aae51fe177.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Oh my god what is this and why are the thumbnails creepy. :omg:


🦄 💛🧡💜

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Oh my god what is this and why are the thumbnails creepy. :omg:

The thumbnails are creepier than the videos lol

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

So I used to do geocaching and was recently told to try Randonautica.  I attempted one in passing the other day but couldn't find anything (I didn't read the damn instructions).  The next day I saw this story:  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8459815/What-randonauting-trend-led-teens-suitcase-human-remains-explained.html

So I did some research and apparently you are supposed to "manifest" what you want to find.  

How could this work?  

Opinions??

I was trying to go to sleep! :crying4:

I’m going to have nightmares. :wontcry:

 

#IKnowWhyYoureCancelled


🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I was trying to go to sleep! :crying4:

I’m going to have nightmares. :wontcry:

 

#IKnowWhyYoureCancelled

Did you watch the videos?  How could a GPS app map out this stuff?  It's crazy

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Did you watch the videos?  How could a GPS app map out this stuff?  It's crazy

I’ll watch them tomorrow—during the day. :sobbing: It’s too late for scary 💩


🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I’ll watch them tomorrow—during the day. :sobbing: It’s too late for scary 💩

I changed the video in the OP - IDK why the others had unrelated thumbnails.  Basically, it is a scavenger hunt app.  Previous apps like this used GPS chips for tracking but Randonautica allegedly doesn't and it lets you find something that matches your "intentions".  It's weird. 

Share this post


Link to post

@jordeezy I just finished the first video. :queenie:

Holy sh... i literally have goosebumps right now. :sobbing:

But I still wanna watch the second video. This is so fascinating. :omg:


🦄 💛🧡💜

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Roxxy said:

@jordeezy I just finished the first video. :queenie:

Holy sh... i literally have goosebumps right now. :sobbing:

But I still wanna watch the second video. This is so fascinating. :omg:

I edited so it would be less creepy. But yeah!  Its crazy.  Did you read the Daily Mail article?  It literally led people to a body :decisions:

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I changed the video in the OP - IDK why the others had unrelated thumbnails.  Basically, it is a scavenger hunt app.  Previous apps like this used GPS chips for tracking but Randonautica allegedly doesn't and it lets you find something that matches your "intentions".  It's weird. 

What channel were they from?


🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Towelney said:

What channel were they from?

Nixbuzztv (I just searched "Randonautica" on youtube)

Share this post


Link to post

I'm now on the third video by Nixbuzztv. HOLYYY... :dead:

Watch me fall into this randonautica rabbit hole sponsored by @jordeezy.


🦄 💛🧡💜

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I'm now on the third video by Nixbuzztv. HOLYYY... :dead:

Watch me fall into this randonautica rabbit hole sponsored by @jordeezy.

Here is a positive one!

 

Share this post


Link to post

Ok i finished the 3 videos. It's so fascinating. I'm really freaked out right now. Like, chills. But it's like I wanna try it. :zoomzoom:

Ok now i'm gonna watch the positive videos posted by @jordeezy. :barbie:


🦄 💛🧡💜

Share this post


Link to post

This sounds like black mirror stuff :jl:

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

This sounds like black mirror stuff

And Stranger Things. Here are the videos that @jordeezy originally put in the main post.

Watch them in order, Puppy. It's creepy af but also fascinating. :idkney:


🦄 💛🧡💜

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

This sounds like black mirror stuff :jl:

I agree.  Literally. 

Share this post


Link to post

Am i the only one that thinks that there’s an app that feeds into the randonautica app? Example: I wannna manifest creepy vibes...it alerts the “creeper” and gives you the coordinates of where the said creeper lives and they wait around for you :umok:...i might have to try it and see :ririshade2:

None of these vids creeped me out. my friends and i used to drive around when we were in HS/College n look for trouble without an app. Guess what we found? tRoUbLe:sponge:

  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...