Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Britney Spears: The Lyric Videos

Britney Spears: The Lyric Videos...

Throughout her career, Britney has not used much the trend of releasing “Lyric Videos” to promote her official singles releases or even to promote other tracks of her long discography. Of course, in the beginning of her career in the late 90’s, they didn’t exist and currently, it’s more a promotion strategy of the recording labels of the artist, not the artist itself in most of the cases.

After Britney changed from Jive/Zomba to RCA around 2012/13 is that this trend of releasing Official Lyric Videos in the official accounts of artist in YouTube, specifically in Vevo became popular. As we all know, RCA is not very good in the promotion department, at least when it comes to Britney and her 2 latest studio album releases.

If we analyze Britney’s discography, she has only released 5 official lyric videos thru her YouTube official accounts/Vevo, and one additional is from other artist in a song she is featured.

Official Lyric Videos by Britney Spears:

Till the World Ends (Lyric Video). Vevo, 2011 (Jive). 663,242 views

Criminal (Official Lyric Video). Vevo, 2011 (Jive). 14 million views

“Criminal” Official Lyric Video. Britney Spears YouTube, 2011 (Jive). 10 million views

Perfume (Official Lyric Video). Vevo, 2013 (RCA). 5 million views

Ooh La La (From The Smurfs 2) (Official Lyric Video). Vevo, 2013 (RCA). 5 million views

Giorgio Moroder – Tom’s Diner (Lyric Video) ft. Britney Spears. Vevo, 2015 (RCA, Warner). 2 million views

In general, I consider that Britney should get on board with this and promote more her songs and singles releases. This will give her more views and streaming totals for her official releases. For example, now in 2020, if she releases a Mood Ring (Official Lyric Video), it will increase the streaming of the song and it might help it chart in Billboard.

Because of all this craziness, I consider that Britney’s team should release the following Lyric Videos in her Vevo.

1)      Mood Ring (By Demand) (Official Lyric Video)

2)      S&M Remix (Official Lyric Video)

3)      Outrageous (Official Lyric Video)

4)      And Then We Kiss (Junkie XL Remix) (Official Lyric Video)

5)      My Only Wish (This Year) (Official Lyric Video)

What are your thoughts about all of this or your favorite Britney's Lyric Video?

You've completly right. Lyrics Videos before the music video help so much for promoting. :verycool:

However, it's more reasonable to release a lyrics video for Mood Ring. I don't think they would do for the other songs since they are old. :plzexplain:

They should focus on visuals with some Britney pics for her lyrics video. :brityes:

So let's spam her team and RCA for releasing a lyrics video. :clicktina:

A lyric video for “Mood Ring (By Demand)” would make complete sense especially as it’s not likely to get a music video. 

any non-single should get the Lyric video treatment.

Audio clips are so pointless, especially when YouTube already auto-generates them on the Topic sub-channels

I loved what Pink did with that album

But then we have Thalia, who just released some lyric videos for album tracks that are almost 20 years old

People (record labels, artists and fans) shouldn't be so squared with the way music is released and promoted. Not everything should follow the same old formula. There really isn't any rule that says an artist can't promote an old song, or give some kind of love to non-singles song from a current album.

Of course if the artists have the idea, they can push things to make them happen, but this kind of thing like a lyric video, is the kind of thing they really don't need Britney to make it happen. It should come from the label's initiative to promote their material, but they just don't care :icant2:

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

4 hours ago, MSTAR said:

However, it's more reasonable to release a lyrics video for Mood Ring. I don't think they would do for the other songs since they are old. :plzexplain:

They should focus on visuals with some Britney pics for her lyrics video. :brityes:

So let's spam her team and RCA for releasing a lyrics video. :clicktina:

"Mood Ring (By Demand)" should be released as a Lyric Video at least... britney spears hair flip GIF by Billboard Music Awards

The others songs/singles I mentioned, I know they are old songs from Britney, but, "Outrageous" was an official single and the music video was scrapped due to her injury, but a Lyric Video is a good idea even in 2020, the same goes for "S&M Remix", that is Britney's 5th #1 song in the Billboard Hot 100 (2011). In relation to "And Then We Kiss (Junkie XL Remix)", this was technically an official single from the 'B in the Mix, The Remixes' album, so, a Lyric Video should be interesting. 

"My Only Wish (This Year)" is Britney's only famous Christmas song and every year it gains views and exposure. That's why a Lyric Video would be perfect for this song in 2020 too. 

Well, S&M Remix is a Rihanna song and the rights of that song belongs to Rihanna and her record label, so RCA can't touch that song.

And I only think Mood Ring could get one, the others unless RCA release a re-issue of one of the albums I don't see a lyric video coming

4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

But then we have Thalia, who just released some lyric videos for album tracks that are almost 20 years old

Who the hell manages her channel? looks like a fan made account

1 minute ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Who the hell manages her channel? looks like a fan made account

I think she does herself :yesokay: I mean, I don't think she's directly doing the technical stuff, but she is very engaged to the content that they put on her channel. For the past year or two, she's been uploading her old videos and performances in HD (or as close as it gets) even though they were already on her channel (I don't know why they just simply replaced them like the Spice Girls did) and it was usually on Thursdays for the throwback. They are official, since they get promoted on her social media.

She uploads a lot of random videos where she herself appears, so I think she's very aware of what they're doing on the channel.  But tbh, I don't know of any other artist that is as engaged with her fans and especially with her own discography. During this time of re-uploading old stuff or uploading it for the first time, they've unearthed performances and videoclips that some people might not even remember and she gives them the same treatment as her biggest hits. It's as if Britney started uploading performances for songs like Thinkin' About You or The Beat Goes On to her channel.

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

13 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

They are official, since they get promoted on her social media.

OMG I didn't know that :watrusayin: 

I mean thanks to the re-uploaded of her videos i thought it was a fan made channel who tries to pass as the official (I mean Selena and RBD suffers that case, so why not her) Also, the watermark with the link of the channel and not being in their original scale :ehidk:

1 minute ago, CripplerCrossface said:

OMG I didn't know that :watrusayin: 

I mean thanks to the re-uploaded of her videos i thought it was a fan made channel who tries to pass as the official (I mean Selena and RBD suffers that case, so why not her) Also, the watermark with the link of the channel and not being in their original scale :ehidk:

yeah the watermark is what makes them look unofficial, I never got it :haha:

But it is her channel, look she just uploaded a new video