Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

More Iconic Beychella or Britney's VMA 2000

I know this site is biasee towarda Britney, but I remember Beychella being a big thing. Oops I did it Again is still remembered 20 years later, and had a huge impact at the time, spurring imitations (on that lip synching show that MTV had on at the time). I  remember talking about it in class a year later back in high school. We all know no one remembers Beyonce VMA 2016, but Beychella was a big thing. It still produces imitations (people did it for their prom things) and on Lip Sync Battle. Lots of people were looking forward to Beychella. Which was more iconic. Will people remember Beychella 20 years from now?

Coachella is a whole set/concert, the VMA are just one song or medley. You can't compare lol. Also Beyoncé and Britney are nothing alike. 

The reason brit ie more iconic is becuase she just does it without trying. Beyonce is just pure desperate and it shows 

• Dislike 1
  • Like 3

If this was between Beychella and Britney’s 2001 VMAs, then Britney would take the crown. But with the 2000s VMAs...:ehum:

I think Beyoncé wins. 

EDIT: I don’t hear much about either tbh 

🌑 ~ 𝓿𝓲𝓼𝓮𝓻  𝓵𝓪  𝓵𝓾𝓷𝓮 ~ 🌑

Beychella is only two years old and it already fizzled out of the consciousness of the gp and only fans and casual fans remember it.

While Britney's 2000 VMAs performance is 20 years old and is still being referenced in a lot of news articles and on mainstream TV - because it is so embedded in the consciousness of the people. That is what it means to be iconic. Now that is pop culture. :mattafact:

🦄 💛🧡💜

Britney 2000 was iconic before she got her slytherin on the next year.....Beychella was a No No!

I beg your pardon? is all I can say

45 minutes ago, Towelney said:

If this was between Beychella and Britney’s 2001 VMAs, then Britney would take the crown. But with the 2000s VMAs...:ehum:

I think Beyoncé wins. 

EDIT: I don’t hear much about either tbh 

I don't think Britney was trying to make an impact for 20 years, but she definitely wanted to be talked about the next day.

I don't know about beychella :decisions: I mean, if you ask me what she did in that performance, I wouldn't be able to answer :decisions:

& a 18 yo girl performance remembered 20 years later, that had a storm effect the year it came (supposedly), Beyoncé made nowhere as many headlines as Britney did, and somehow, her impact 2 years after is less big than Britney's 20 years after. 

I think that Britney def won this one by far

39 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

Britney 2000 was iconic before she got her slytherin on the next year.....Beychella was a No No!

10 minutes ago, 5HINee said:

I beg your pardon? is all I can say

The "everybody mad" dance was everywhere on Instagram. There was even an instagram of Britney dancing her cheerleading moves with "everybody mad" dubbed over it captioned "Britney shows Beyonce how it's done" and everybody remembers Beyonce's Coachella outfit.

23 minutes ago, Smokez said:

The "everybody mad" dance was everywhere on Instagram. There was even an instagram of Britney dancing her cheerleading moves with "everybody mad" dubbed over it captioned "Britney shows Beyonce how it's done" and everybody remembers Beyonce's Coachella outfit.

I'd love to meet everyone, since i don't remember it, nor do a lot of others i know of. Like i only remember it now cause i saw the video you posted. Whereas the 2000 VMA in can remember in detail.

they are both different kind of shows/products/music/focus group.

you are comparing nutella with french fries

I think you know the answer when you’ve loosely brought Britney into the conversation to ask about the longevity of Beychella :chrissy:

Might I freak ya out, 'magine if I work ya out 😛

5 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I think you know the answer when you’ve loosely brought Britney into the conversation to ask about the longevity of Beychella :chrissy:

Well he had to do that to make it Britney related.

Beychella was amazing and its iconic in it's own way.

Just now, EasyThere said:

Well he had to do that to make it Britney related.

Exactly, or it would just be the 3 Beyoncé stans in here fighting it out :shameless:

Might I freak ya out, 'magine if I work ya out 😛

Hard to compare Mayb if it was vma performance vs vmas performance. 

I love Beyoncé performances as her technique and dance ability has become to be amazing to watch girl puts in the work...but at the same time it doesn’t seem fluid and kinda force sometimes... also as she had years to perfect this. Nothing wrong with this as practice makes perfect but Literally years. She’s almost 40. 

Now britney at 18 which your comparing it to..hit it out the ballpark and was fluid with her performances. So u can’t compare an 18 years old girl 2 years into her career to a grown woman 15+ plus into her career. I may be getting to diplomatic with this reply lol but 

Id say oops is more iconic only Bc she was 18.. so young and so much charisma and talent and drive

but it’s hard to compare as it’s oops had more time to be engraved in pop culture in a time things were actually iconic and now things come n go ..

I think jlo at the super bowl vs beychella or something big and extravagant would be a better comparison or a Beyoncé vmas be a Britney vma performance. 

The fact that Britney's vma 2000 performance is compared to a full set concert says it all. Britney's vma performances were EVERYTHING in the 2000s. Everyone talked about it, because they were shocking and Britney was THE pop girl and Britney got the charism. 

We've not got another artist like Britney but we didn't appreciate her enough back in the day. So, yes. BRITNEY'S VMA 2000 >>>>>>> All of that overrated stuff nowadays.