Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Beyonce accepts the BET Humanitarian Award

beyonce-speech.jpg.512dbd42a461bbdeaa25653262f0dc35.jpg

BET honored Beyonce with their Humanitarian Award for her philanthropy work, including the “Formation Scholars” initiative, BeyGood4Burundi partnership with UNICEF, and her BeyGOOD’s Black Business Fund.

The broadcast went down live on BET/CBS on Sunday, June 28 at 8 p.m. Eastern time.

Chance the Rapper and the late Nipsey Hussle are past receipts of the award. 

“I want to dedicate this award to all of my brothers out there, all of my sisters out there inspiring me, marching and fighting for change. Your voices are being heard and you’re proving to our ancestors that their struggles were not in vain. Now we have one more thing we need to do to walk in our true power, and that is to vote,” Beyonce said.

“I’m encouraging you to continue to take action, continue to change and dismantle a racist and unequal system,” she said. “There are people banking on us staying at home during local elections and primaries happening in states across the country. We have to vote like our life depends on it, because it does.”

Thoughts?

Related:

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

BET kisses her butt and she still never appears at the ceremony. Remember when she left in 2016 after she opened the show? And her mom accepted her award?

:tiffcackle:

BET is pathetic for always catering to her. How about focus on the up and coming talent, who would love to appear. Have some dignity 

tbs respect GIF by Wrecked

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

Shame this flopped its a bop 

:umwtf::girlbye: You do you, I guess...

🌑 ~ 𝓿𝓲𝓼𝓮𝓻  𝓵𝓪  𝓵𝓾𝓷𝓮 ~ 🌑

BET always kisses her *** so this isn't surprising. This feels very contrived though given the timing.

12 minutes ago, Stefani said:

BET always kisses her *** so this isn't surprising. This feels very contrived though given the timing.

I’m sure they’re only considering her a humanitarian for helping Megan Thee Stallion get her first #1. That was very generous of Beyoncé to help Meg 

I don’t see the reason she shouldn’t get it :snooptoya: Beyonce is a legendary female artist, who has opened a HUGE gate for black female artist to have a sweet spot and home to thrive in the very competitive music industry :yaknow: so I’m really happy for her :) Congratulations Bee! :meryell:

Is there an award for fakest artist of all time, cause BeYawnsè deserves that. 

• Haha 2
  • Dislike 4
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, OnlyFacts said:

I’m sure they’re only considering her a humanitarian for helping Megan Thee Stallion get her first #1. That was very generous of Beyoncé to help Meg 

I feel that Savage would have gone #1 without Beyonce if Megan would have released a MV. I stan Megan :ari:

3 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I feel that Savage would have gone #1 without Beyonce if Megan would have released a MV. I stan Megan :ari:

I stan Meg too. But I have to throw light shade. It’s who I am Megan Thee Stallion Dancing GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

1 minute ago, OnlyFacts said:

I stan Meg too. But I have to throw light shade. It’s who I am Megan Thee Stallion Dancing GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

OnlyFacts stating another FACT 

ha ha lol GIF

54 minutes ago, Trentals said:

Is there an award for fakest artist of all time, cause BeYawnsè deserves that. 

2 hours ago, Gayseus911 said:

BET are desperate for ratings :ririshade2:

um  :umwtf:

this is a show about BLACK entertainment and BLACK art. Beyonce is a BLACK artist who has done a LOT for the community in recent years if any of you have paid attention. @OnlyBeyonce is correct, she is a huge staple in the entertainment industry despite all bias that has come her way since the superbowl.

If you really want to argue that Beyonce doesn't deserve this award after breaking several barriers amidst her position as a black woman, amidst several efforts at raising awareness for her community, then I suggest you take a look at Britney at the GLAAD awards. Does she deserve it? Absolutely. However,  imagine if I said "the most she has done is charity/fundraisers, kissing a girl on stage when it was less accepted, and normalizing the persistence of gay people in media".  You guys would throw a fit and talk about how that's a lot. 

Why is it different when Beyonce is accepting an award on behalf of her community? :umok: That being said, BET is also owned by a white parent company so there's lots to unpack here. 

• Dislike 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deadcrocodiletears said:

um  :umwtf:

this is a show about BLACK entertainment and BLACK art. Beyonce is a BLACK artist who has done a LOT for the community in recent years if any of you have paid attention. @OnlyBeyonce is correct, she is a huge staple in the entertainment industry despite all bias that has come her way since the superbowl.

If you really want to argue that Beyonce doesn't deserve this award after breaking several barriers amidst her position as a black woman, amidst several efforts at raising awareness for her community, then I suggest you take a look at Britney at the GLAAD awards. Does she deserve it? Absolutely. However,  imagine if I said "the most she has done is charity/fundraisers, kissing a girl on stage when it was less accepted, and normalizing the persistence of gay people in media".  You guys would throw a fit and talk about how that's a lot. 

Why is it different when Beyonce is accepting an award on behalf of her community? :umok: That being said, BET is also owned by a white parent company so there's lots to unpack here. 

I never said she doesn't deserve the award, all I said that bet were thirty for ratings, that award is sht

5 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

beyonce-bet.jpg.672dfa414864cb20cfe4b7d38b92f8d3.jpg

BET will honor Beyonce with their Humanitarian Award for her philanthropy work, including the “Formation Scholars” initiative, BeyGood4Burundi partnership with UNICEF, and her BeyGOOD’s Black Business Fund.

It'll go down live on BET/CBS on Sunday, June 28 at 8 p.m. Eastern time.

Chance the Rapper and the late Nipsey Hussle are past receipts of the award. 

Are YOU tuning in? 

Related:

https://rendezvous.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/nigeria-abuzz-over-who-paid-for-beyonc/

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/jan/06/beyonce-new-years-eve-concert

Yeah... So humanitarian...