Taylor Swift declares Juneteenth a national holiday

• Super Administrators

Taylor Swift says #Juneteenth is a national holiday, so it's a national holiday. 

She gave all of her employees the day off. She's using the time off to educate herself about the history that lead to this triumphant day.

A legend :peasants: 

taylor-juneteenth.jpg.26537230d1ce97913b25d93e9085a64a.jpg

Related: 

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

Cool Tay tay no need to announce every single thing you do

but I’m glad she gave her employees off 

both my sisters have work off as well

dont get why Columbus Day is still a thing but not Juneteenth like isn’t it an important date in American history? I hope in the future it is a federal holiday and schools are off and instead of useless homework for one day they can do an activity about it at home 

also Columbus Day should be switched to indigenous day

its high Time more important American history is respected and remembered 

• Like 1
  • Super Administrators
5 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

why singers can't be simple singer anymore? give us a performance or shut up please, i'm so tired of social, political,ecc lessons from people with less academic education thant the 90% of the population :britstare11:

Because they have an immense platform. Imagine if she said nothing during the #BlackLivesMatter movement. 

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Twitter Team
Just now, Jordan Miller said:

Because they have an immense platform. Imagine if she said nothing during the #BlackLivesMatter movement. 

yes an immense platform but on a different topic, for example a beauty blogger on youtube talk about make-up don't make video about car engines :jl:

• Twitter Team
6 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Cool Tay tay no need to announce every single thing you do

but I’m glad she gave her employees off 

both my sisters have work off as well

dont get why Columbus Day is still a thing but not Juneteenth like isn’t it an important date in American history? I hope in the future it is a federal holiday and schools are off and instead of useless homework for one day they can do an activity about it at home 

also Columbus Day should be switched to indigenous day

its high Time more important American history is respected and remembered 

Columbus wanted to find a new route to India,  he don't give a **** about america, so don't blame him for others faults :tired:

20 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

why singers can't be simple singer anymore? give us a performance or shut up please, i'm so tired of social, political,ecc lessons from people with less academic education thant the 90% of the population :britstare11:

Then get off of social media... We should be wanting all celebrities to take a stance. Especially Taylor. Someone who has a huge fan base... She can influence a lot of people. Instead of attacking her education you should praise that she is taking a stance and wanting to educate herself more on this day... are you? 

15 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

Columbus wanted to find a new route to India,  he don't give a **** about america, so don't blame him for others faults :tired:

What? Do you know anything about what Columbus did? He was a crazy person and murdered thousands and set violence to a peaceful civilization and he didn’t even discover the United States, it was Some island down south of the us. He was terrible to the native Americans and gets a national holiday yet Juneteenth isnt considered one

Columbus was the mistake  

• Super Administrators
30 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

yes an immense platform but on a different topic, for example a beauty blogger on youtube talk about make-up don't make video about car engines :jl:

Did you just compare BLM to car engines :ohwut:

• Haha 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙