Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Mood Ring" Debuts at #23 on Billboard's Bubbling Under Hot 100

It's good to see Britney back on charts, regardless of position :makeitrain:

And this is a proof that we all gotta stream the **** out of the B10 lead single, whenever that moment will come :beat:

3 hours ago, IUSM said:

People streaming hundreds of songs for $10/month (less if students) have more chart power than people paying 1 song for $1.29.

Mood Ring is the second most sold track of the week in the US, but it failed to chart on the Hot 100...

The Billboard formula is broken! :lessons:

It almost missed the Bubbling Under chart, by the way (23 out of 25), and got almost overtaken by Gaga's interlude Chromatica I... :umomg:

2020-06-09-Bubbling-Under-Hot-100-Chart-

Seriously - it's insane.  I didn't realize that streaming plays such a huge role. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Ugh other day one member attacked me because I said itunes means nothing nowadays... Well lol

I'm glad mood ring had some exposure and helped Glory for a week. Not a single, no music video, so we won for something...

I mean, two versions of bionic climbed up to itunes top 10. If that's not enough proof digital sales have little to no impact in 2020... 

48 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Seriously - it's insane.  I didn't realize that streaming plays such a huge role. 

Streaming it's basically the main thing for a song to chart. We are from a different era, but If we don't evolve Britney won't chart again.

Better that we learned our lesson with streaming with a one off single (?) and not a lead single. Now we know what we need to work on.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

Oh yikes I thought this was number 23 if hot 100 not bubbling under lmaoooo I’m embarrassed. This fan base is too worried about iTunes like its 2011 again 

7 hours ago, IUSM said:

Mood Ring is the second most sold track of the week in the US, but it failed to chart on the Hot 100...

The Billboard formula is broken! :lessons:

anigif_sub-buzz-30954-1540501305-2.gif?o

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

I knew it was going to be on the bubbling under chart but I didn't expect it to be that low. Imagine being #1 on itunes for a few days and not getting anywhere near the hot 100. :howdareyou:

9 minutes ago, Body ache said:

I knew it was going to be on the bubbling under chart but I didn't expect it to be that low. Imagine being #1 on itunes for a few days and not getting anywhere near the hot 100. :howdareyou:

Itunes is nothing in 2020.. streaming on apple music and Spotify do the trick

Real Hot 100 formula 

Sales / 5
Paid streams / 1,250
Free streams / 1,875
Programmed or UGC streams / 2,500
Airplay / 6,000 (using Billboard's Radio Songs numbers)

Sales/downloads don't count for **** anymore. It's all about streams and airplay.

Her team needs to realize and use another strategy in order to be a streaming force. Sales are with her. So they need to step up their game.

How much money do artists actually make off streams though? I’m assuming the streaming companies get a huge bulk of the money from paying customers of Apple and Spotify. I would think actual sales benefit the artist and record company more even if it doesn’t impact the charts as much. Obviously 13k for a single song isn’t much money to speak of but for a real single or album I would assume they want sales.

Next era they need to really focus on streaming and radio. iTunes ain’t it anymore. Clearly... a #2 debut on the digital chart would’ve gotten us a top 10 hit in 2013 but now it doesn’t even guarantee you the hot 100 ...

Wait I don't understand, why is it bad to be #23 over a 100 songs :jackk: 

Also what's accelerate?? 

10 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

the way it outsold accelerate tho :urite:

2 minutes ago, alexdaily said:

Wait I don't understand, why is it bad to be #23 over a 100 songs :jackk: 

Also what's accelerate?? 

It's 23 on Bubbling under which means it's only at #123 in Billboard Hot 100 lol

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, YannFrance said:

It's 23 on Bubbling under which means it's only at #123 in Billboard Hot 100 lol

:meltdown:

Wow I seriously thought we were doing great with all the positive threads all the previous days about the green numbers and stuff...

So what happened? Why was everyone so excited about? :plzexplain:

Can’t say I’m not bummed or surprised. I really thought it would make it into the top 100. 

that aside, it definitely brought a lot of attention to glory so that was good