Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why does Japan prefer buying CD to streaming?

Don't know about my Japanese friends , but personally I like to collect CDs and get in the mood when I listen to the album, almost like a going on a little trip (wether if I'm high or not) it has some type of magic :queenriri:

I think because of SONY ( Japanees company) 

still sticking to this industry

Not only in music .. also games... etc 

But this industry will soon disappear ( like floppy & cassette) and things will be digitalized 100%

2 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I LOVE CDs!! I actually have a collection of more than 300 (!)
And the day I can't buy a Britney CD, I'll cry.
I still can't believe they actually released "Glory" here in my country... I'm not sure what will happen with B10, though. I mean, they haven't released "Chromatica" yet, do you understand?? :tiffanycries:

Oh my! post a pic here baby:o

Got to love my compact discs. I feel like in an age of digital sales, vinyls and cassette tapes have been making a comeback for nostalgia. CDs for me, have always been part of the music experience. Nothing compares to opening the plastic, and opening the case to see the artistry and even singing along to the tiny lyrics in the booklet. In Canada, it's hard to find CDs unless you go to certain areas in town... Just wish CDs had more incentive, like Target exclusive tracks, or even Deluxe Editions...

One artist that knows how to sell physical copies: Taylor Swift. I think with "Lover," she took a note from BTS and other K-Pop artists and created something that was incomparable to a digital copy. A booklet with exclusive content, and coming up with four different versions? Worked amazingly in her favour. Whether or not you love Taylor Swift, there is no denying that her fans would prefer to go for a CD if it becomes an experience.

I understand that artists are hard workers, I just wish there was that effort to the CD album. I will always support my favourite through CDs, and hope that CDs too can become the main source for sales.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

:squint::squint::squint:

Agreed. 

I saw the emoji icon and assumed, without actually checking, that it was basic yellow faced emojis....:wontcry:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing compares to the excitement of waiting for release day, going to the store and searching through the whole section to find the CD you've been craving for months. :makeitrain:

Back in the day, artists used to put a lot of thought and creativity into the album artwork and booklet. Almost every artist included the lyrics and a lot of pictures, which made physical albums really special and an unique listening experience. 

Even though streaming is a much easier and comfortable way of listening to music, a physical album has far better sound quality and it is how the record is supposed to sound if that makes sense.

Shoutout to all those weary CDs that got scratched because of the nonstop spinning. :quirkney:

2 hours ago, blonderoman27 said:

Agreed. 

I saw the emoji icon and assumed, without actually checking, that it was basic yellow faced emojis....:wontcry:

:rip:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

they don't have to complain when Slumber Party gets changed to another version without notifying them

This. This so hard 

20 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

As far as I know, CDs are quite a lot more expensive in Japan. So much so that it'd be cheaper for one to import a CD from another country than to buy one domestically, in Japan. Japanese bonus tracks are added in order to encourage people living in Japan to buy CDs in Japan instead of importing. :sipney:

13 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I didn't know that and it's awesome. That's what I've always believed that physical releases should be, nothing less. Sell them as real collectibles. 

It used to be the reason I guess, but now CDs are harder to find in some places of the artist is not big enough, and more expensive.

So I guess the Japanese bonus track is a more of a tradition these days.

(I really dislike it because I like to get the most complete version possible, without having to pay $40 to import a CD). :zoomzoom:

I collect vinyls and cds and I know people get annoyed at Japan getting so much bonus stuff, but I love it, more cool unique stuff to collect :orly:

34 minutes ago, IUSM said:

It used to be the reason I guess, but now CDs are harder to find in some places of the artist is not big enough, and more expensive.

So I guess the Japanese bonus track is a more of a tradition these days.

(I really dislike it because I like to get the most complete version possible, without having to pay $40 to import a CD). :zoomzoom:

We used to get the lyrics booklet, mini posters, etc. Now it's just a few random pictures in low quality. Or is that just Britney's ? :haha: tbh I don't buy any other artist's albums

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

J-pop Album Booklets SLAYYYYYYY so hard. Same with K-pop. 

I live in the US and I still buy CD's. There's just something about having a physical copy with a booklet that I love. I've been collecting them since the 90s.

I will always buy CDs. Why not own a physical copy, like what are you gonna do if the streaming platforms close down? And CDs work without WiFi, I like them because they don’t rely on having connected access. 

If you can't say I LOVE YOU, then say nothing at all...

Because they can extract the music in FLAC format and enjoy the songs with all intricate sonic details as the producer intended.