David Guetta criticized for tone-deaf George Floyd tribute

• Super Administrators

David Guetta's heart was in the right place, but the delivery was... off. 

“The world is going through difficult times and America, too, actually,” Guetta said. “Last night, I knew we were going to do this and I made a special record … in honor of George Floyd. I really hope we can see more unity and more peace when already things are so difficult.”

The superstar DJ dropped a beat behind Martin Luther King Jr.'s famous "I have a dream" speech and proceeded to give George Floyd's family a "shout-out." EEK.

It's a bit cringe to watch. How do we feel about this, Exhale?

david-guetta.jpg.c4af95dd2985e926d78a2a372403572d.jpg

Related: 

• Dislike 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

Omg how out of touch is that :peasants: it’s almost like hey

“George Floyd got murdered but I hope this song I made for you makes you feel better.” 

it’s not really the time for music... Especially by giving a shoutout. Not a good way to show support. :katycream:

• Dislike 2
  • Like 2
  • Super Administrators
3 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

Omg how out of touch is that :peasants: it’s almost like hey

“George Floyd got murdered but I hope this song I made for you makes you feel better.” 

it’s not really the time for music... Especially by giving a shoutout. Not a good way to show support. :katycream:

The shout-out part was just... SMH. Like bruh you're not in a Vegas nightclub 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

Ermm .... Is he on drugs ?? I mean get a grip David people are dying..... Also kinda reminds me of how I sent a sexbuddy a really awkward message one time after he told me he had to work and I was like "it's alright, and leaving room for longing is good too " and I hated myself for being so stupid lol sometimes we can say silly things it happens ....:makeitrain:

• Like 1
  • Deactivated
3 hours ago, deadcrocodiletears said:

hey i was just wondering, if u ever die do you give me permission to DJ rave music at your funeral?  i'll give your family a shoutout before i do it. it's the same logic. 

i wouldn't mind (me personally)

tenor.gif?itemid=16728482

but I can see why people don't like it, most people prefer a more solemn sound especially during this kind of situation

• Like 1
  • Exhale+
6 hours ago, deadcrocodiletears said:

hey i was just wondering, if u ever die do you give me permission to DJ rave music at your funeral?  i'll give your family a shoutout before i do it. it's the same logic. 

:airpls:

• Haha 1

Dem chickens is ash, and im lotion :queenflopga: