What are your thoughts on the #BlackLivesMatter movement, the protests, the riots, everything going in on the US right now?

• Super Administrators

The racism has always been prevalent, it's just that we have smart phones to capture it now.

It's wrong, and it's my hope that the outrage inspires change. Change begins from within, and that starts by writing out how you feel. 

I want this post to be a spot where you can write out your thoughts in the comments and feel heard amongst your pop music and culture-loving peers here on Exhale.

I know everyones' comments will be respectful and thoughtful of course considering the sensitive nature of this topic. 

Hope to hear your voice. 🙏 

blm.jpg.9fa8492aea175a17786d4eadd8bf3acb.jpg

• Love 1
  • Dislike 3
  • Like 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before I write my essay @JordanMillerId just like to point out the difference in tone between a more respectful political thread like this thread, as opposed to your "Trump the monster dump fire" thre

Kellyanne, why are you pretending like you have not seen the thousands of police brutality videos against black folks and their allies from *these* riots alone? The white people who infiltrated t

I don't trust authority and the corrupt government, so I see this as a 'people vs. authority' situation, and I'm all for it. I don't mind the looting of giant corporations. Genuinely couldn't give a f

Posted Images

• Super Moderators

I think it’s a very valid movement and change needs to be implemented. Do I agree with how some people carry out the message? No but that doesn’t mean I don’t agree with the message itself 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

It's sad it has taken not only the life of Geoege Floyd, but countless innocent black lives for this to happen.

I agree with the riots, they have been peaceful for too long, and no changes have been made in our law system. It's time to make an impact.

I just hope not too many more lives are lost in these riots before things get better 

• Exhale+

I don't trust authority and the corrupt government, so I see this as a 'people vs. authority' situation, and I'm all for it. I don't mind the looting of giant corporations. Genuinely couldn't give a flying frick. However, when people start damaging and looting small, local businesses, I have problem. :smokney2: But I do think there's something super sketchy about the protests. I just don't think they're as organic as they could be. I feel like someone's pulling strings behind the scenes in order to gain something out of this whole situation. :typing: Also, I just hope that people remain united because, as I said, I think of this as a 'people vs. authority' issue, and people being divided is exactly what the government wants. :bigkiss:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 5

"LA DI DA" - SONG OF THE DECADE

as someone who's uncle was shot yes literally shot for having dark brown skin by a deranged former cop who thought he was an "afghan muslim" (he's a hindu indian who came to the u.s when he was 10, fyi even if he was an afghanistani muslim, it would not have made a diff) i am all for it. I as well as many many's parents grandparents would not have been able to immigrate to the US if it wasnt for black people and their supporters starting the civil rights movement. More power to them and may we finally gain power to diminish the racism that this country was built on. Police brutality against black people is a prevalent issue 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

as someone who's uncle was shot yes literally shot for having dark brown skin by a deranged former cop who thought he was an "afghan muslim" (he's a hindu indian who came to the u.s when he was 10, fyi even if he was an afghanistani muslim, it would not have made a diff) i am all for it. I as well as many many's parents grandparents would not have been able to immigrate to the US if it wasnt for black people and their supporters starting the civil rights movement. More power to them and may we finally gain power to diminish the racism that this country was built on. Police brutality against black people is a prevalent issue 

I'm so sorry that happened. There are so many people who choose not to see what is going on and say George Floyd's murder was a "one-time-thing", when it's been going on in America for hundreds of years now. 

7 minutes ago, KylieLanguage said:

I'm so sorry that happened. There are so many people who choose not to see what is going on and say George Floyd's murder was a "one-time-thing", when it's been going on in America for hundreds of years now. 

thx :) and i 100% agree with you

i got told off in other threads for mentioning that minorities are still oppressed in america and was told to look at the struggles of third world countries

i do partially agree with that and while we have more privileges and less issues than the people brought up in those countries my question is

isn't america supposedly the #1 country in the world, built for equality for everyone? after all this and past events i certainly do not think so. people can call me unreasonable or whatever but after hearing the news of my uncle i don't need anyone to change my opinions 

As someone who lives far away from the situation, all I can say is that I hope for a change that should’ve already happened way before 2020 

black and white heart GIF

I think it's weird that government reaction is not to address the issue and make at least small steps for changes but fights the protesters. It's sad that it goes hand in hand with looting small businessess and harming their owners.  But enough is enough, it's 2020 and still US et cetera is full of racism. Stay safe.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, DonoDotto said:

Before I write my essay @JordanMillerId just like to point out the difference in tone between a more respectful political thread like this thread, as opposed to your "Trump the monster dump fire" threads. Youve written about not wanting this place to turn into Exhell again while simultaneously, perhaps unknowingly, being partially responsible for creating the toxic environment that fosters Exhell. If you yourself dont practice what you preach, nobody else will respect or practice what you preach.

Anyways, heres a great opportunity for me to write out all my thoughts on this subject and see what I actually think overall. This is more for myself than for anyone else to read, not expecting people to read through an entire essay...

My Thoughts by DonoDotto

I think youd be hard pressed to find a single person who is genuinely not disgusted or disturbed by the video of the cop choking a man to death. Virtually everyone agrees that it is horrific and outrageous. I think its dishonest when people pretend that someone not supporting aspects of the public's reaction to the video is equivilant to them not supporting justice for George Floyd, for example:

101264353-2750833818467849-8642024603905

I think something very important to note, which so many people dont even take into account, is that white and other races in the US are victims of police brutality as well. In fact, white people make up a majority of victims of police brutality in the US.

Yet for some reason, its only seen as relevant by the public when a black person is the victim.

Black people are more likely to be victims of police brutality on a "percentage of US population" - "percentage of victims of police brutality by race" ratio.

There could be an endless number of reasons why this is the case. Not everything comes down to racism.

And its important to acknowledge that there are a plethora of instances where police force is necessary and justified- even when the result is unfortunately deadly. 

But for every black person unjustifiably killed by a policeman, how many white people unjustifiably killed by a policeman is the public entirely ignoring simply because it doesnt fit into the "cops hate blacks" talking point? 

The fact that the general public only seems to care about a victim of police brutality when they can [seemingly] blame the death on racism discounts from the legitimacy and universality of the cause they purport to be advocating for. If "black lives matter" was a subsection of a more widespread "hold police accountable" movement, then "black lives matter" would, without a doubt, have far more supporters.

Contrary to what many mistaken and misled people seem to believe, the past few paragraphs describe what most people mean when they say "all lives matter". No doubt the vast majority of people using that phrase are not the hateful, racist monsters that many BLM supporters have made them out to be. You just havent given them the benefit of the doubt insofar as to even listen to them before judging and labelling them. You wrongly assume they are entirely discounting every aspect of your cause simply because they are not in agreement with some or many aspects of it.

I happen to believe that nothing short of being physically attacked is enough to justify violence or rioting. My ancestors and my people were the victims of rioting and pogroms for centuries simply on account of their being "Jewish". Their livlihoods destroyed, many of their lives taken. For centuries. In dozens of countries around the world.

Rioting is an expression of the most barbaric and indecent aspects of mankind. It is indiscriminate, excessive, merciless, and therefore unquestionably unjustified.

i am only commenting bc im just also trying to now have a peaceful conversation, i did read ur "essay" cause im genuinely curious as to what other peoples ideas are. First off even I agree and am sad that SMALL businesses (couldn't give two ****s abt target) were hurt in the riots and personally i hate that cause it takes a crap ton of effort to start and be successful. But i am confused over ur comparison about brutality on whites and blacks. While there are police officers out there that are plain crazy and want to purposely hurt people i have one thing to say abt ur comparison and that is, in the history of america or most places in the world, white people were never oppressed or hated against due to the color of their skin, black people were. That's the difference. Since the start of America and when slaves were brought over here they have been oppressed, when they were released from slavery, white america found new ways for them to be oppressed. The entire criminal justice system was literally built on institutionalized racism. If we wanna bring up the sensitive issues that white people have never been oppressed before and talk about jewish people, we need to realize that jewish people were not oppressed due to the color of their skin? and the people oppressing them were white "christians"! Black people and people of minorities in the U.S and all around the world have been oppressed and continue to be oppressed in america and it needs to change. Also the term all lives matter was coined as a counteractive to black lives matter bc some white people could not bear to see that something was about black people for once. Hell the biggest leader for civil rights mlk was hated in america at the time and was eventually murdered. u arent going to give a bandaid to everyone in a group of people if only one person got hurt. 

• Love 2
  • Dislike 2
2 hours ago, DonoDotto said:

Before I write my essay @JordanMillerId just like to point out the difference in tone between a more respectful political thread like this thread, as opposed to your "Trump the monster dump fire" threads. Youve written about not wanting this place to turn into Exhell again while simultaneously, perhaps unknowingly, being partially responsible for creating the toxic environment that fosters Exhell. If you yourself dont practice what you preach, nobody else will respect or practice what you preach.

Anyways, heres a great opportunity for me to write out all my thoughts on this subject and see what I actually think overall. This is more for myself than for anyone else to read, not expecting people to read through an entire essay...

My Thoughts by DonoDotto

I think youd be hard pressed to find a single person who is genuinely not disgusted or disturbed by the video of the cop choking a man to death. Virtually everyone agrees that it is horrific and outrageous. I think its dishonest when people pretend that someone not supporting aspects of the public's reaction to the video is equivilant to them not supporting justice for George Floyd, for example:

I think something very important to note, which so many people dont even take into account, is that white and other races in the US are victims of police brutality as well. In fact, white people make up a majority of victims of police brutality in the US.

Yet for some reason, its only seen as relevant by the public when a black person is the victim.

Black people are more likely to be victims of police brutality on a "percentage of US population" - "percentage of victims of police brutality by race" ratio.

There could be an endless number of reasons why this is the case. Not everything comes down to racism.

And its important to acknowledge that there are a plethora of instances where police force is necessary and justified- even when the result is unfortunately deadly. 

But for every black person unjustifiably killed by a policeman, how many white people unjustifiably killed by a policeman is the public entirely ignoring simply because it doesnt fit into the "cops hate blacks" talking point? 

The fact that the general public only seems to care about a victim of police brutality when they can [seemingly] blame the death on racism discounts from the legitimacy and universality of the cause they purport to be advocating for. If "black lives matter" was a subsection of a more widespread "hold police accountable" movement, then "black lives matter" would, without a doubt, have far more supporters.

Contrary to what many mistaken and misled people seem to believe, the past few paragraphs describe what most people mean when they say "all lives matter". No doubt the vast majority of people using that phrase are not the hateful, racist monsters that many BLM supporters have made them out to be. You just havent given them the benefit of the doubt insofar as to even listen to them before judging and labelling them. You wrongly assume they are entirely discounting every aspect of your cause simply because they are not in agreement with some or many aspects of it.

I happen to believe that nothing short of being physically attacked is enough to justify violence or rioting. My ancestors and my people were the victims of rioting and pogroms for centuries simply on account of their being "Jewish". Their livlihoods destroyed, many of their lives taken. For centuries. In dozens of countries around the world.

Rioting is an expression of the most barbaric and indecent aspects of mankind. It is indiscriminate, excessive, merciless, and therefore unquestionably unjustified.

Screenshot-20200601-141049-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20200601-183541-Chrome.jpg

Justice is "an eye for an eye", not "an eye for everyone's eyes and ears and legs, even and especially countless completely innocent people who had nothing even remotely to do with what happened".

The amount of people negatively affected and hurt by these riots will likely number in the hundreds of thousands/millions. In what world does one person's outrage justify the hurting of another innocent human being? Those trying to justify such cruel actions are in need of some serious soul searching. Ive read lots of people saying "theyre doing it because theyre hurting". Even if that were the case, one person's hurt never justifies the hurting of another completely unrelated person.

Blocking streets can and does kill. There are countless incidents of ambulances and police cars not arriving in time to save people because the roads were being blocked by protestors (not necessarily in the recent protests, but in road-blocking protests in general). Who gave supposed protestors the right and authority to even potentially decide who lives or dies?

Furthermore, the second an incident like this occurs, the entire "protest" loses any ounce of legitimacy it may have ever had:

In what world is it justified or okay for a mob to lynch a human being? Moreover, the hypocrisy of people supposedly protesting against police violence turning around and lynching a human being cannot even be described with words.

Youre protesting against people arbitrarily deciding who is worthy of living or dying while arbitrarily deciding who is worthy of living or dying yourselves? A man's life was taken. In a protest against that, there are those who find it appropriate to take more lives? The savagery and injustice exhibited here is equally as disturbing as the case that spurred the movement to begin with. 

Will this person be commemorated or remembered (if he was killed)? Will the entire world know his name? Will the entire world be equally as outraged at a man being lynched to death? 

Since it doesnt fit the agenda of certain powerful and influencial people- the answer to those questions is unfortunately a firm "no". And I find that absolutely despicable.

In conclusion, Id just like to bring up a point that I find worthy of mentioning in this context.

In general, during corona, "stay at home" is synonymous with the left, and "reopen" is synonymous with the right.

The difference between people's reactions and judgements regarding something they support as opposed to something they dont support is both astounding and very telling:

Screenshot-20200601-141620-Chrome.jpg

People who wanted nothing more than to provide for their families, survive, and not fall into an endless downward spiral in life were branded by millions with nasty names such as "grandma and grandpa killers", "flat earthers", "murderers", "right wing nut jobs".

For countless people, returning to normal or reopening is a matter of life and death for a plethora of reasons- whether it be earning money to pay for their prescriptions, or staying afloat and not living on the street, or putting food in their families' mouths. Not to mention that hundreds of suicides are occuring as a result of the hopeless predicament many have found themselves in.

Now that theres a cause that the people who were trashing the "reopen" demonstrators support, all of a sudden corona has become nonexistent. Social distancing is irrelevant. Mass gatherings is irrelevant. The inevitable results that mass riots and protests will have on the spread of Covid-19 is immeasurable, yet people are silent- because this cause they support, while the other cause they hate for no reason more than because it's associated with the right.

The hypocrisy, the tone-deafness, the lack of self-awareness, and the silence revolving around it all is sickening. I pray that tons of people will start taking a good look in the mirror from now on, if not now then 1 or 2 or 5 years from now.

That is all for now.

Kellyanne, why are you pretending like you have not seen the thousands of police brutality videos against black folks and their allies from *these* riots alone?

The white people who infiltrated the protests damaging public and private property? Policemen destroying their own cars? And white supremacists trying to instigate fear and chaos while carrying assault weapons, intimidating BLM protesters?

Have you not seen Fox News and pro-nationalist media alike trying to normalize the "accidental" killing of George Floyd? Of course you have. And you agree with them.

As as you have seen seen protesters peacefully chanting "don't shoot"... and then getting shot. Some peaceful protesters are getting their masks pulled down and getting pepper sprayed right in their eyes. Some cops are dressing like protesters and trying to incite violent action. We've all seen it because thank God, everyone has a camera in their phones. Your racist president and his racist totalitarian policies, which you're low-key trying to normalize with fancy talking, is advocating for the killing of these people, who just want to stop getting murdered in the street, kinda like that one country he always *****es about.

Riots happen for a reason. Yes, destruction is bad, but sometimes violence is necessary for change.  

Focusing on the looters is the racist conservative media's strategy to condemn the movement as a whole. Stonewall had looters too, but now gay rights are taken seriously. ****, the Boston tea party destroyed the goods of businesses, and that got you a country.

But sure Kellyanne, you keep doing your whataboutism. It's so appalling it's almost funny.

PS: I'm glad your like-minded friends are supporting your posts. At leas now we can single you all out. 

Wendy Williams Tea GIF by Reactions | Gfycat

• Love 1
  • Dislike 4
  • Like 4
22 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

i am only commenting bc im just also trying to now have a peaceful conversation, i did read ur "essay" cause im genuinely curious as to what other peoples ideas are. First off even I agree and am sad that SMALL businesses (couldn't give two ****s abt target) were hurt in the riots and personally i hate that cause it takes a crap ton of effort to start and be successful. But i am confused over ur comparison about brutality on whites and blacks. While there are police officers out there that are plain crazy and want to purposely hurt people i have one thing to say abt ur comparison and that is, in the history of america or most places in the world, white people were never oppressed or hated against due to the color of their skin, black people were. That's the difference. Since the start of America and when slaves were brought over here they have been oppressed, when they were released from slavery, white america found new ways for them to be oppressed. The entire criminal justice system was literally built on institutionalized racism. If we wanna bring up the sensitive issues that white people have never been oppressed before and talk about jewish people, we need to realize that jewish people were not oppressed due to the color of their skin? and the people oppressing them were white "christians"! Black people and people of minorities in the U.S and all around the world have been oppressed and continue to be oppressed in america and it needs to change. Also the term all lives matter was coined as a counteractive to black lives matter bc some white people could not bear to see that something was about black people for once. Hell the biggest leader for civil rights mlk was hated in america at the time and was eventually murdered. u arent going to give a bandaid to everyone in a group of people if only one person got hurt. 

hunni theya re trying to normalize racism using fancy words and obviously because they're feeling protected and even encouraged by this forum. tells you a lot about how things are run around here.

@JordanMiller do better.

• Dislike 2
  • Like 2
  • Super Moderators

I’m in support of it. Even the rioting/more wild protests are necessary because clearly peaceful protesting hasn’t been working. I hate that some people not affiliated with the movement are just finding an excuse to raid businesses though. 

I feel pretty bad that I’m not out there protesting, but I’m also scared of the coronavirus and violence. I know there’s other ways I can help, like donating, but I also am unemployed. I feel like a fraud for not doing more because it’s my own privilege that is allowing me to avoid the protests for fears of coronavirus. 

I feel for everyone and for everything though. I got pretty emotional yesterday at just the pain and suffering going on in the world and in our nation. I’m hopeful that everything happening will lead to a brighter, more equitable future, but at times I just want to go back to “normal” (whatever that is) and have the naivety of a kid again. Normal obviously wasn’t working before though. 

• Love 3
  • Dislike 2
  • Like 2

🇺🇸 Register to Vote Today 🇺🇸

• Super Moderators

Well, I think it's difficult to give an opinion, when I don't even live there,  though I go to San Diego regularly (or used to before the pandemic) but seeing things from the outside, living in a third world country it kinda surprises me, in a sad way, to see this country which is like the most powerful or one of the most powerful countries of the world, that is made out of people from all races, to still have this kind of issues, SO many years later.

It's like, you would believe they had already surpassed all of this and would be already in another level as a society, so I think it's valid to see people angry and tired of all this. And yeah, probably most of the riots aren't justified, and innocent people and their businesses are getting harmed too, but this would all wouldn't be happening if this racism situation would've been fixed years ago. 

However, I'm kinda hopeful, because I was just reading this article, showing the "other side of the protests" that media doesn't show

https://www.boredpanda.com/george-floyd-police-brutality-protest/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=BPFacebook&fbclid=IwAR0VvdQ7nkdwab7xTzalGMWvl-XVv8Il4pVkq0In_q46NNjks0GHNyGlt84

and it really moved me, to see that not everything is chaos and riots, but that in other parts people are actually protesting peacefully, that they're all united from all colors, and even the cops are joining the protests in some places, so yeah, I think it's clear it's the majority of people who are good and are really tired of this injustice. So let's pray that, even though there's been people protesting for ages, that for once this really becomes the beginning of a change in the mentality of people, and the government, and that they really become this example for other countries that look up to the States

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

My Thoughts by DonoDotto

Screenshot-20200601-141049-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20200601-183541-Chrome.jpg

Justice is "an eye for an eye", not "an eye for everyone's eyes and ears and legs, even and especially countless completely innocent people who had nothing even remotely to do with what happened".

The amount of people negatively affected and hurt by these riots will likely number in the hundreds of thousands/millions. In what world does one person's outrage justify the hurting of another innocent human being? Those trying to justify such cruel actions are in need of some serious soul searching. Ive read lots of people saying "theyre doing it because theyre hurting". Even if that were the case, one person's hurt never justifies the hurting of another completely unrelated person.

Blocking streets can and does kill. There are countless incidents of ambulances and police cars not arriving in time to save people because the roads were being blocked by protestors (not necessarily in the recent protests, but in road-blocking protests in general). Who gave supposed protestors the right and authority to even potentially decide who lives or dies?

Furthermore, the second an incident like this occurs, the entire "protest" loses any ounce of legitimacy it may have ever had:

In what world is it justified or okay for a mob to lynch a human being? Moreover, the hypocrisy of people supposedly protesting against police violence turning around and lynching a human being cannot even be described with words.

Youre protesting against people arbitrarily deciding who is worthy of living or dying while arbitrarily deciding who is worthy of living or dying yourselves? A man's life was taken. In a protest against that, there are those who find it appropriate to take more lives? The savagery and injustice exhibited here is equally as disturbing as the case that spurred the movement to begin with. 

Will this person be commemorated or remembered (if he was killed)? Will the entire world know his name? Will the entire world be equally as outraged at a man being lynched to death? 

Since it doesnt fit the agenda of certain powerful and influencial people- the answer to those questions is unfortunately a firm "no". And I find that absolutely despicable.

In conclusion, Id just like to bring up a point that I find worthy of mentioning in this context.

In general, during corona, "stay at home" is synonymous with the left, and "reopen" is synonymous with the right.

The difference between people's reactions and judgements regarding something they support as opposed to something they dont support is both astounding and very telling:

Screenshot-20200601-141620-Chrome.jpg

People who wanted nothing more than to provide for their families, survive, and not fall into an endless downward spiral in life were branded by millions with nasty names such as "grandma and grandpa killers", "flat earthers", "murderers", "right wing nut jobs".

For countless people, returning to normal or reopening is a matter of life and death for a plethora of reasons- whether it be earning money to pay for their prescriptions, or staying afloat and not living on the street, or putting food in their families' mouths. Not to mention that hundreds of suicides are occuring as a result of the hopeless predicament many have found themselves in.

Now that theres a cause that the people who were trashing the "reopen" demonstrators support, all of a sudden corona has become nonexistent. Social distancing is irrelevant. Mass gatherings is irrelevant. The inevitable results that mass riots and protests will have on the spread of Covid-19 is immeasurable, yet people are silent- because this cause they support, while the other cause they hate for no reason more than because it's associated with the right.

The hypocrisy, the tone-deafness, the lack of self-awareness, and the silence revolving around it all is sickening. I pray that tons of people will start taking a good look in the mirror from now on, if not now then 1 or 2 or 5 years from now.

That is all for now.

Agree with you. 

I support BLM message though and support peaceful protest but I agree. This is unfair to everyone at this point.

It’s also not lost on me that people are choosing to burn down the most liberal cities in the country. Why? Most of those citizens support legislation that prevent the very things you are protesting!

• Exhale+

I agree with a lot of your points, and I think people look at police brutality in a very black or white (not talking about race) way. It's not just a race issue. It's also a class issue (might even be more so of a class issue than a race issue, who knows). However, even then, black people make up 20% of people that are living in poverty, whereas white people make up only 10%. This is a crazy overrepresentation considering black people are supposed to be a minority in the US. And I'm sure we all know what's the reason behind this statistic. In the end, it still goes back to racism. :martini: Also, it's not just about brutality. For example, you can't deny that black people are more likely to get arrested for possessing drugs. :typing:

• Dislike 1
  • Like 1

"LA DI DA" - SONG OF THE DECADE

55 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Justice is not predicated on whether or not an action was fueled by "racism". Police brutality is police brutality, period. Some of it may be fueled by ego. Some of it may be fueled by corruption. Some of it may be fueled by racism.

To claim that the only injustices that are relevant to a cause are those that were fueled by racism is simply wrong and inconsistent, regardless of how you or anyone else feels about it.

It is irrelevant what the reasoning behind a people's mistreatment is. Whether it be because of skin color, orientation, nationality, religion, or any other characteristic.

Injustices committed against people because of "skin color" are in no way inherently more injust than those committed against others for any other reason.

For the record, "white Christians" are not the only people who have wronged and hunted my people throughout the centuries. Romans and Greeks killed, enslaved, and exiled them. Muslim nations throughout the world, of color or otherwise, have forcibly converted, oppressed, exiled, and murdered my people, rendering entire Jewish communities in the Muslim world extinct. Non religious notsees put them in concentration and death camps in addition to countless other horrific crimes against humanity.

I didnt write all that out to claim more "oppression points". I wrote it out because the claim that "white christians" were the only ones responsible for past wrongdoings against my people, or against any other people, ignoring centuries of abuse by other peoples simply because they werent white or christian, is patently false, and people must know that.

You may have legitimate grievances, but when you start discounting others' grievances and claim that your grievances are superior or more important, you push tons of people away. Which is part of the reason why "protests" like these recieve so much pushback.

• Love 1
  • Dislike 4
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, JustWendy said:

Kellyanne, why are you pretending like you have not seen the thousands of police brutality videos against black folks and their allies from *these* riots alone?

The white people who infiltrated the protests damaging public and private property? Policemen destroying their own cars? And white supremacists trying to instigate fear and chaos while carrying assault weapons, intimidating BLM protesters?

Have you not seen Fox News and pro-nationalist media alike trying to normalize the "accidental" killing of George Floyd? Of course you have. And you agree with them.

As as you have seen seen protesters peacefully chanting "don't shoot"... and then getting shot. Some peaceful protesters are getting their masks pulled down and getting pepper sprayed right in their eyes. Some cops are dressing like protesters and trying to incite violent action. We've all seen it because thank God, everyone has a camera in their phones. Your racist president and his racist totalitarian policies, which you're low-key trying to normalize with fancy talking, is advocating for the killing of these people, who just want to stop getting murdered in the street, kinda like that one country he always *****es about.

Riots happen for a reason. Yes, destruction is bad, but sometimes violence is necessary for change.  

Focusing on the looters is the racist conservative media's strategy to condemn the movement as a whole. Stonewall had looters too, but now gay rights are taken seriously. ****, the Boston tea party destroyed the goods of businesses, and that got you a country.

But sure Kellyanne, you keep doing your whataboutism. It's so appalling it's almost funny.

PS: I'm glad your like-minded friends are supporting your posts. At leas now we can single you all out. 

Wendy Williams Tea GIF by Reactions | Gfycat

@JordanMiller, Im sure this is not the vibe you intended for this thread or for exhale in general. Doesnt warrant a response, I just think it deserves to be called out since we've seen countless identical posts by this same user in multiple threads with the same disrespectful, counterproductive attitude.

• Dislike 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Administrators
3 hours ago, DonoDotto said:

You're right. I won't write like that moving forward. @DonoDotto

• Dislike 1
  • Like 3

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙