Is Ava Max's new single artwork insensitive?

• Super Administrators

Ava Max is releasing a new song titled "Who's Laughing Now" on June 2nd. 

In the artwork for it, Ava is standing in front of a city engulfed in flames. Considering what's going on - the protests literally burning down Minneapolis because of the George Floyd murder - it's bad timing and taste. 

The Internet dragged her for it. Some times I think the Internet makes drama from nothing, but I agree with them on this one - not a good move and should definitely have never seen the light of day. Fire her marketing team stat!! No pun intended. :teigen:

Thoughts? 

I mean, at least she's aware of what's going on...

ava-max.jpg.151dd6e91c8caa4fcb3a4947db3c2981.jpg

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Super Moderators

“Read the room girl” someone replied to her :tiffeyeroll: let’s just cancel everything. Imagine if this sensitive generation was around in 2001. Britney and Mariah would’ve both been cancelled for releasing music post 9/11. These lil looters and in person protesters should be cancelled for putting others at risk. I haven’t heard of the virus slowing down, yet there they are gathering en masse without keeping safe distance. Do they have a right to protest? Yes of course they have the right and they have the right to be angry, but I just can’t in good faith support what’s happening in person right now. :jeanluc:

• Love 4

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

19 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Chances are, it was designed weeks ago, and it's not her or her team's job to make sure the little snowflakes of the internet don't get offended. Find a hobby outside of Twitter, thank you. :tiffeyeroll:

Exactly, I wanted to say that ,I don't think she designed this cover on purpose to take advantage of the situation btw I'm listening to her bops a lot lately so I'm excited .....:duadance:

16 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I'm getting so tired of these cancellations, and this is the last time I'm replying in a thread revolving around one. Was it bad timing? Yes, absolutely. But why does it matter? How does this affect anyone? It's not that deep, and I really don't understand how these losers manage to survive in the real world when they get offended by everything they see on the internet. Bye, I'm out.

p.jpeg?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

You seem to live for these threads and state everyone’s a loser. Common b make an insensitive joke a meme of some sort that’s relatable to this topic. Since that’s all you have to offer hun <3

OMG this  is literally boring now, seriously. What a reach. Whatever art has flames in it on the streets is now a recreation of the racist act. WTF. I would get it if she was standing on someones neck on the cover. This is ridiculous, I believe the cover art was made weeks ago. I can literally imagine some people "How DARE you stand in front of flames when you KNOW whats going on!!!! Disgrace!!!!" LOL. I'm sure if I take a selfie cooking up a barbecue in my backyard someone will be like "How dare you flame up a barbecue, when the city is burning in flames!!!!" This video of Phoebe explaining how the cat is her mom, is literally today's society trying to make sense of everything  LOL! Watch at the 0:55 minute mark... :)

• Love 3

At the start of Kings And Queens it says "Side A: Heaven" So this is Side B: Hell. More than likely. They've probably had this planned since the start of the year or even further back than that. 

The internet creates drama based on current events. 

For example, Jeffreestar's palette "Cremated". There was drama around that but for a very valid reason, people that are dying can't have funerals, so they're being cremated. So i understand why he got dragged for that. 

This however, i don't see as bad. Yes, the timing might not be the best for something like this, but do i think it's something to be offended by? No. 

Don't forget Britney filmed her Criminal video when the streets of London were full of riots. The situations are kinda similar, so i don't wanna see anyone tryna drag Ava for this when they stanned the Criminal video. 

I don't really mind either of them, but true tea. :truthtea:

• Love 1

Why are we allowing morons to continue this charade? Adults cherry-pick the issues worth raising a fuss about. Children cry over anything/everything. There’s a serious lacking of maturity in this day and age. Because we feed into these crybabies. Stop giving them fuel for their nonsensical vitriol. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
  • Super Administrators
24 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

You seem to live for these threads and state everyone’s a loser. Common b make an insensitive joke a meme of some sort that’s relatable to this topic. Since that’s all you have to offer hun <3

Not loving the vibe. Let's practice a little more kindness please 😇 @sullivanSP

• Love 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

2 hours ago, ScooterScott86 said:

Why are we allowing morons to continue this charade? Adults cherry-pick the issues worth raising a fuss about. Children cry over anything/everything. There’s a serious lacking of maturity in this day and age. Because we feed into these crybabies. Stop giving them fuel for their nonsensical vitriol. 

These “children” as you say aren’t millennials we have been raised in a turbulent world. We are sensitive emotional and want change. We don’t like mindless pop. We are different to you millennials and that’s how it should be. We don’t just take life as a joke or anything. We fear for the future. Don’t call us children. We are grown adults. GenZ is the one that will change it. From Greta thorn burg to having an accepting culture. I can go on. :clicktina:

2 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

These “children” as you say aren’t millennials we have been raised in a turbulent world. We are sensitive emotional and want change. We don’t like mindless pop. We are different to you millennials and that’s how it should be. We don’t just take life as a joke or anything. We fear for the future. Don’t call us children. We are grown adults. GenZ is the one that will change it. From Greta thorn burg to having an accepting culture. I can go on. :clicktina:

I’ll refer to you as an adult when you and your generation warrant it ty. You want to sit at the big people table stop being lazy, entitled brats. The work ethic of your generation is abysmal. You want everything but cry cause work is dirty and you have to contribute. 

Fear for the future! Gimme a break that just sounds like a person looking for excuses, another trait of your generation. Thank you next! 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

“Read the room girl” someone replied to her :tiffeyeroll: let’s just cancel everything. Imagine if this sensitive generation was around in 2001. Britney and Mariah would’ve both been cancelled for releasing music post 9/11. These lil looters and in person protesters should be cancelled for putting others at risk. I haven’t heard of the virus slowing down, yet there they are gathering en masse without keeping safe distance. Do they have a right to protest? Yes of course they have the right and they have the right to be angry, but I just can’t in good faith support what’s happening in person right now. :jeanluc:

ObeseInfantileImperialeagle-size_restric

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, ScooterScott86 said:

I’ll refer to you as an adult when you and your generation warrant it ty. You want to sit at the big people table stop being lazy, entitled brats. The work ethic of your generation is abysmal. You want everything but cry cause work is dirty and you have to contribute. 

Fear for the future! Gimme a break that just sounds like a person looking for excuses, another trait of your generation. Thank you next! 

Oh no baby but your generation practically copied the ones before it, you guys followed careers and paths with no opportunities or jobs. I’m sure millennials or a large Percentage have the highest unemployment rate... just saying. 

• Like 1

Omg what's up with the world lately trying to cancel everyone? 

I think those people should take a break and start investing more time in being positive during these difficult times and less energy in finding an excuse to cancel someone for a post or whatever. 

Is it a good cover? YAAAAAAS. :katybelt:

Is it bad timing? Maybe. :yaknow:

Should she be cancelled? NOOOO. :hillary:

• Love 3
  • Like 1