Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do we feel about Lynne and “Through the Storm”?

Recommended Posts

I’ve never read Lynne’s book, but did run across this interview she did to promote “through the storm”.
 

How do we feel about the book? 

Did anyone read it?

How do we feel about momma Lynne?


edit: I have no idea if this has already been a topic, I’m sure it has..I just can’t find a thread for it. Still new here and learning how this site works 🙂

DE65B61C-7285-4FA4-AADE-5BC04A6735E6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't read the book yet but I feel like it's a rip off of Mariah's Through the Rain.  ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

Spoiler

Just kidding. :barbie:

:barbie:


xoxo Roxxy 🦄

Share this post


Link to post

I enjoyed it. I've never once thought that Britney's own family is against her in any way.

Share this post


Link to post

It’s horribly written, there’s more exclamation marks than the length of the book. She victimizes herself a lot and the only interesting part was Britney’s breakdown which she describes in vivid detail like it’s a movie. I think her little cute stories of Britney getting in trouble by Bryan but it’s a book you read in two days and return back to the store...which I did :quirkney:

  • Love +1 5
  • Haha +1 1
  • Like +1 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, BritneySpurs said:

I enjoyed it. I've never once thought that Britney's own family is against her in any way.

I don’t think Lynne was ever against her, but writing a book about her seemed kinda shady. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

It’s horribly written, there’s more exclamation marks than the length of the book. She victimizes herself a lot and the only interesting part was Britney’s breakdown which she describes in vivid detail like it’s a movie. I think her little cute stories of Britney getting in trouble by Bryan but it’s a book you read in two days and return back to the store...which I did :quirkney:

Yikes. Thanks for the insight. Punctuation is very important in writing. How long was the part about Sam? That’s all I’ve really heard about. And lol at you returning it. 🤣

  • Love +1 1
  • Haha +1 1

Share this post


Link to post


The only thing I could say is how a mother can express herself like this way about her own daughter

And saying that "kevin" is REALLY A GOOD PERSON, 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, vzlafan said:


The only thing I could say is how a mother can express herself like this way about her own daughter

And saying that "kevin" is REALLY A GOOD PERSON, 

She said Kevin was a really good person??? Well, I mean, if you think about it, he’s never gone and talked 💩 about her in the media, and he’s shockingly somewhat of a good father from what we can tell. He’s just been a leach. Idk. I think Lutfi and Ghalib...and even Justin were much worse than Kevin. They all spoke about her in the media 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Yikes. Thanks for the insight. Punctuation is very important in writing. How long was the part about Sam? That’s all I’ve really heard about. And lol at you returning it. 🤣

there’s like a lot of unnecessary exclamations. Like one that annoyed me was when she described Kentwood being hot and there’s exclamation points and her talking about sweet tea, ends in exclamation points.

Honestly I felt even sorry for Britney than Lynne even though the book was to paint her in a better light. She talked about Britney always trying to cheer her up after her fights with Jamie by entertaining her. She justified her actions of leaving Britney on tour alone with Fe just because she missed home and her school teaching job, wth? Maybe it’s just me but clearly she instigated Britney into showbiz whether she knew it or not. She even said in the book she always thought of being famous but was always too afraid to pursue it...sounds like stage mom to me, even David Lachappelle said seeing her beauty pageant trophies at her home, he knows something is wrong. It angered me that she constantly brings up “I haven’t done nothing wrong, I’m a good mother. I’m only doing what my daughter wants, she is the one telling me to do this. She wants to perform.” She doesn’t take responsibility for her mistakes and relied on other people to fix her problems like when she had to drag Jamie to even enter the house and confront Sam. 
 

I don’t think she’s a bad person but I feel like I need to vodka into my sweet tea if I ever have to sit down and listen to her like when she used to invite fans into the house and make tea for them.  

  • Love +1 6
  • Like +1 1

Share this post


Link to post

I read it a few years back - didn’t bother me. It was cool to get the perspective of a close family member.

I also remember her praising Kevin’s character. I don’t agree with the current child support situation personally, but other than that he does seem like a solid dad looking out for his kid’s best interest. But what do I know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’d recommend reading, at least once.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

there’s like a lot of unnecessary exclamations. Like one that annoyed me was when she described Kentwood being hot and there’s exclamation points and her talking about sweet tea, ends in exclamation points.

Honestly I felt even sorry for Britney than Lynne even though the book was to paint her in a better light. She talked about Britney always trying to cheer her up after her fights with Jamie by entertaining her. She justified her actions of leaving Britney on tour alone with Fe just because she missed home and her school teaching job, wth? Maybe it’s just me but clearly she instigated Britney into showbiz whether she knew it or not. She even said in the book she always thought of being famous but was always too afraid to pursue it...sounds like stage mom to me, even David Lachappelle said seeing her beauty pageant trophies at her home, he knows something is wrong. It angered me that she constantly brings up “I haven’t done nothing wrong, I’m a good mother. I’m only doing what my daughter wants, she is the one telling me to do this. She wants to perform.” She doesn’t take responsibility for her mistakes and relied on other people to fix her problems like when she had to drag Jamie to even enter the house and confront Sam. 
 

I don’t think she’s a bad person but I feel like I need to vodka into my sweet tea if I ever have to sit down and listen to her like when she used to invite fans into the house and make tea for them.  

Yikes. So she said she had to drag Jamie to the house to confront Lutfi? Jamie didn’t want to go? What a mess. I kind want to read it...but scared the profit will go to LOUser somehow. And are there any threads from the fans Lynne brought into her house?? I’d love to hear those stories lol

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ThatIsTheRealMeHONEY said:

I read it a few years back - didn’t bother me. It was cool to get the perspective of a close family member.

I also remember her praising Kevin’s character. I don’t agree with the current child support situation personally, but other than that he does seem like a solid dad looking out for his kid’s best interest. But what do I know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’d recommend reading, at least once.

Thanks for your feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

It's surreal that her mother is on Kevin's side and that she writes a book at the time and that she only cares that the press and society call her "stage mom."

 

Kevin talked **** about her in the press ... Kevin if he were a good father he will never allow this, just for the stability of their children, it is very easy to be a good father when the mother of their children pays for all the education and expenses of their children and your family.

I remember all the damage Kevin and his lawyers did with custody of their children, I remember Lonnie Jones, Kevin's bodyguard (I guess they paid him with Britney's money), who was formerly Nsync's bodyguard saying the kids didn't they miss their mothers when they were 2 and 1 year old.
Imagine that a bodyguard says this, and Britney's own mother is on Kevin's side and does not defend her daughter and do not forget how Kevin the night of the ambulance said that Jayden had bruises and bites, when in fact it was done in his home, something very hard, very bad person and very advantageous.

Imagine that a bodyguard defends and speaks well of Kevin publicly so that he has custody and a mother does not defend her daughter and does the opposite.

I don’t remember hearing about the bruises ☹️ This all makes me so sad. Britney is surrounded by mystery and we’ll never know the true story.

  • Love +1 1
  • Like +1 1

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

It's surreal that her mother is on Kevin's side and that she writes a book at the time and that she only cares that the press and society call her "stage mom."

 

Kevin talked **** about her in the press ... Kevin if he were a good father he will never allow this, just for the stability of their children, it is very easy to be a good father when the mother of their children pays for all the education and expenses of their children and your family.

I remember all the damage Kevin and his lawyers did with custody of their children, I remember Lonnie Jones, Kevin's bodyguard (I guess they paid him with Britney's money), who was formerly Nsync's bodyguard saying the kids didn't they miss their mothers when they were 2 and 1 year old.
Imagine that a bodyguard says this, and Britney's own mother is on Kevin's side and does not defend her daughter and do not forget how Kevin the night of the ambulance said that Jayden had bruises and bites, when in fact it was done in his home, something very hard, very bad person and very advantageous.

Imagine that a bodyguard defends and speaks well of Kevin publicly so that he has custody and a mother does not defend her daughter and does the opposite.

Is that the same bodyguard who sued for sexual harassment?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Winter _90 said:

It's surreal that her mother is on Kevin's side and that she writes a book at the time and that she only cares that the press and society call her "stage mom."

 

Kevin talked **** about her in the press ... Kevin if he were a good father he will never allow this, just for the stability of their children, it is very easy to be a good father when the mother of their children pays for all the education and expenses of their children and your family.

I remember all the damage Kevin and his lawyers did with custody of their children, I remember Lonnie Jones, Kevin's bodyguard (I guess they paid him with Britney's money), who was formerly Nsync's bodyguard saying the kids didn't they miss their mothers when they were 2 and 1 year old.
Imagine that a bodyguard says this, and Britney's own mother is on Kevin's side and does not defend her daughter and do not forget how Kevin the night of the ambulance said that Jayden had bruises and bites, when in fact it was done in his home, something very hard, very bad person and very advantageous.

Imagine that a bodyguard defends and speaks well of Kevin publicly so that he has custody and a mother does not defend her daughter and does the opposite.

Britney even made a restraining order on her mother so that she could not visit her grandchildren. She thought her mother was on Kevin's side and they were planning to take her children away together.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

I’ve never read Lynne’s book, but did run across this interview she did to promote “through the storm”.
 

How do we feel about the book? 

Did anyone read it?

How do we feel about momma Lynne?


edit: I have no idea if this has already been a topic, I’m sure it has..I just can’t find a thread for it. Still new here and learning how this site works 🙂

Most of what was written in the press about the book was false, she never discussed britney losing her virginity or reg or anything. The book was really about herself, a lot about religion and her family over the years. She does talk about Sam Lutfi and 2007/8 a bit. As it was released 10 years ago I’ll save you the bother, it’s not worth buying. 

It gave some insights to Lynne running over a little boy dead when Bryan was sick once, accidently inviting Sam Lutfi into britneys life, Jamie lynn telling her she was pregnant on a slip of paper. Other than that meh. 

The fact it was also ghost written and it’s still badly written is something

  • Love +1 1
  • Like +1 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, chizwhiz said:

Most of what was written in the press about the book was false, she never discussed britney losing her virginity or reg or anything. The book was really about herself, a lot about religion and her family over the years. She does talk about Sam Lutfi and 2007/8 a bit. As it was released 10 years ago I’ll save you the bother, it’s not worth buying. 

It gave some insights to Lynne running over a little boy dead when Bryan was sick once, accidently inviting Sam Lutfi into britneys life, Jamie lynn telling her she was pregnant on a slip of paper. Other than that meh. 

The fact it was also ghost written and it’s still badly written is something

Yikes. Thank you for informing me! I appreciate you 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

I don’t think Lynne was ever against her, but writing a book about her seemed kinda shady. 

The book wasn't written about her, FWIW. She had started writing the book as sort of an autobiography before Britney ever had her breakdown, and revised it to talk about the subject of Britneys breakdown in the latter chapters of the book. It primarily focuses on the life of Lynne and the relationship she had with Jamie Spears and her family as a whole. 

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a defense of Lynne. I think certain parts of the book revealed a bit too much about the breakdown such as the medications Britney took. But, I will say that the book gave me a great deal of insight into her and Jamie's relationship and helped me to connect the dots for why Britney may behave the way she does. Such as the difficulties she has had  in relationships. 

I found it to be an interesting read, though I will agree with some that it isn't the most gripping or professional book of all time. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...