Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande try to outsing one another on "Rain On Me?"

gaga-ari.jpg.c274ac4eb5255e23689e0ef6cbe0a881.jpg

Alexa Camp from Slant ( :teigen: IDK who that is but she mad) published a scathing review of "Rain On Me." If it bleeds, it leads. 

In her review, she says Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande are "two overzealous vocalists duking it out to see who can outsing the other over the course of the track’s three chart-maximizing minutes." :rupaulslap:

She also shades Gaga and her past trauma. :slamga:

Look at this:

"The song is reportedly about the singers’ shared public trauma, and while it’s unclear which of Gaga’s myriad traumas the track references, it ostensibly addresses the PTSD Grande is said to have suffered following the terror attack at her Manchester concert in 2017."

Do you think Gaga and Ari try to "ousting" one another on Rain On Me? I personally don't at ALL. They actually have a pretty stellar contrast despite both being powerhouse vocalists. They complimented each other very well, and trust... I recognize there was real potential for a singing match. But it didn't turn out that way.

Sorry that you're wrong, Slant. :tiffcackle:

Thoughts? Agree? 

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

They'd rather be dry, but at least they're alive~ Rain on them, rain, rain.

RAIN. ON. THEM. :barbie:

• Love +1 3
  • Haha +1 1

xoxo Roxxy 🦄

TBH I kind of expected it to sound like they were competing for the spotlight but I didn't get that vibe at all :squintney:

On a seperate note, I'd love to see ari and xtina compete for dominance on a track just cause it'd be funny :katybelt:

I don’t think it sounds like they’re competing at all, they both sound great but completely different vocal styles, you can’t compare them. :watrusayin:

neither of them wants to be embarassed in front of their fanbases and look like the girl that "sing not so good compared to_______________." So i think this story of a "singing match" its true......and i t may not sound pleasant  (isn't the first time i listen a singing match between good singers)

I feel like the vocals are kinda chill if anything. 

I can’t wait to dance around to this song with a glass of wine, bag of poppers and my new chromatica jock strap!

I have trouble understanding the lyric. The song is catchy though.

That does she mean by saing i'd rather be dry but at least i am alive -rain on me.

I just don't get it. How she'd rather   be dry and says rain on me. 

I personally think Ariana held back on her vocals. Not in a bad way, but in a “let me not outshine the main artist” kind of way. I dislike Gaga but LOVE the song

Not at all..! this reviewer better listen Mariah/Whitney live duet at the Oscars/Oprah performances ...

That's a REAL singing fight! :beat:

• Love +1 1
  • Haha +1 1

It's clearly a COLLABORATION, they complement each other nicely. 

We should embrace everyone's strengths and stop competing with each other!. :overitkbye:

48 minutes ago, Jorchis said:

It's clearly a COLLABORATION, they complement each other nicely. 

We should embrace everyone's strengths and stop competing with each other!. :overitkbye:

THIS!

I have a feeling that people are now only looking for reasons to diss pop singers and are never satisfied. I think in a lot of cases that doesn't even have anything to do with the music but it's more a reflection of their own insecurities or unhappiness with the current world situation. :imacat:

This combo is COOL and I like the fact that these two Italian ladies found a friend and a collaborator in each other. :makeitrain:

I don't like the song, this era of gaga seems rather regressive n pales in comparison to her older catalog. Tryna to appeal to a younger demo is the goal but maybe I outgrew her.

No they don’t really out sing each other... if anything there’s a lack of singing in the song. All I hear is rain on me which is pretty mellow loool. Tell The Tea GIF by Dreezy

I don't think they try to outsing each other at all. They are both far from full capacity on the singing there. They can do so much more with their voice but tbh how they sing it suits the song ! A smasher ! Iconic gay anthem ! I can see it still being played in 10 years in gay clubs. :sendinglove:

She’s just a jealous ***** :tiffdrink:

I ADORE Gaga and Ariana, Rain On Me is out of this world and it’s gonna be a hit :gagacrash:

Absolutely not; if anything, they're not using their powerhouse vocals at all, none of them. Their voices merge amazingly and it's heaven for ears :mhm: I hate it how some reviewers have the freedom to discuss things they know nothing about tbh lol

• Love +1 1
  • Like +1 1

Uh, what? I don’t hear that at all. Sounds like she’s just trying to pit 2 amazing women against each other. If she thinks that about this song, I wonder what she thought of Fall In Line :OMGney:

• Love +1 1
  • Like +1 1