Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Christina Aguilera talks new music: I'm finding deeper inspiration through this time to create

I love X-Tina but is anyone checking for her anymore :lolnoworries: i mean i feel like when she releases an album it goes like this :gagacrash:

12 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

I don't know, but wasn't her last tour sort of successful???

Her last US Tour was the Liberation Tour in 2018 and it doesn't look that successful. She only played 21 shows and they were all small venues. It made $8.7 million according to Wikipedia lol.

I think Christina’s only problem is PROMOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Her albums are amazing! Her shows are amazing! But when she keeps taking these long breaks inbetween albums everyone forgets about her. She’s not on the general public’s radar so she needs to promote like never before to actually have her music heard. 
She will get there. I guarantee she will release A song like (Cher’s I believe) and kick off her career again. 
I’d also take her in the disco/soul route next. 

She’s always so extra when talking about her music, it’s cringe 

21 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Can she just go back to making pop music, like commercial pop, and be unapologetic about it. :barbie:

None of this "artsy fartsy", "i'm an artist" music that no one cares about. I'd rather she pull a Chromatica and collaborate with big artists and be called a "sell out" than to have another Liberation. Imagine how tired I am. :imacat:

RIGHT. It's why I stopped stanning her. Xtina is so boring now.

13 hours ago, Wayne said:

Her albums are amazing! Her shows are amazing! But when she keeps taking these long breaks inbetween albums everyone forgets about her. She’s not on the general public’s radar so she needs to promote like never before to actually have her music heard. 
She will get there. I guarantee she will release A song like (Cher’s I believe) and kick off her career again. 

You must be a true stan because her music is definitely not amazing anymore.. Liberation was baaaad and boring. Also her tour sucked too and she hardly dances.

Lotus was an awful album, full of rejected demos, badly mixed and mastered, low quality. No replay value. Liberation was boring, Accelerate was cool for a few listens. 
I just want bops. :fakecry:

17 hours ago, Wayne said:

Yeah 6 year album break, 11 year touring break and then she stopped promoting her album the day it came out. And when she was actually doing promo she was mostly singing her old music or doing skits... Her team is a mess.

They could have easily marketed Unless its with you as a big wedding song, put it in some kind of movie or had it added to every wedding song Spotify playlist lol. They could have shot an actual music video for accelerate instead of just having her fool around on a photoshoot set, they should have released Twice as a single and have her sing it at the Grammys. All of the songs she did collabs with, she could have shot music videos for (even with a low budget) I just get the feeling that they dont know what to do with her. At the beginning they just made her Britney 2.0 and then realized she worked well on her own for Stripped and B2B and then they totally lost it. Everything post 2007 was questionable.

And she, like Britney isnt interested in putting the work in anymore. I get it. They were both totally overworked in their youth but they also have been half assing and chilling for a decade now. I know Britney at least did 2 tours but she did little to no promo, little rehersal and didnt have the exhausting scedule she used to have. Christina sat in a chair for a few years and then wondered why her fanbase was gone.

On 5/23/2020 at 1:51 PM, BritneySpurs said:

Her last US Tour was the Liberation Tour in 2018 and it doesn't look that successful. She only played 21 shows and they were all small venues. It made $8.7 million according to Wikipedia lol.

not to mention her Vegas residency numbers :tiffcackle:

8 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

Yeah 6 year album break, 11 year touring break and then she stopped promoting her album the day it came out. And when she was actually doing promo she was mostly singing her old music or doing skits... Her team is a mess.

They could have easily marketed Unless its with you as a big wedding song, put it in some kind of movie or had it added to every wedding song Spotify playlist lol. They could have shot an actual music video for accelerate instead of just having her fool around on a photoshoot set, they should have released Twice as a single and have her sing it at the Grammys. All of the songs she did collabs with, she could have shot music videos for (even with a low budget) I just get the feeling that they dont know what to do with her. At the beginning they just made her Britney 2.0 and then realized she worked well on her own for Stripped and B2B and then they totally lost it. Everything post 2007 was questionable.

And she, like Britney isnt interested in putting the work in anymore. I get it. They were both totally overworked in their youth but they also have been half assing and chilling for a decade now. I know Britney at least did 2 tours but she did little to no promo, little rehersal and didnt have the exhausting scedule she used to have. Christina sat in a chair for a few years and then wondered why her fanbase was gone.

Yeah 100%!!

I find liberation a bit frustrating cause it could’ve been bigger. I’d released pipe first with Lewis Hamilton in the music video. That would’ve gained a lot of attention but she’d still need to promote it!! Her biggest problem was promotion with the whole thing! Same with lotus. It’s not my favourite album of hers but your body, let there be love, just a fool. That’s 3 singles that could’ve done well! But the problem is like with your body - she releases it but then does not do any promotion so only 20% of the general public would even know it existed. With accelerate I thought it was awful on first listen but after hearing it a few times I loved it. Which is the same for most songs. You need to hear it more to grow on you which is why she needs to promote! Her other problem is radio which is normal for anyone who’s been in the industry for a long time. Even Madonna does not get radio play on her recent material. 

Bring me Stripped 2.0 plz fighter GIF by Christina Aguilera. Or redo them 1999 vibes somehow come on over zipper GIF by Christina Aguilera. Everything post Stripped has been a mess i think (except for Hurt which was genius). 

2 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

Bring me Stripped 2.0 plz fighter GIF by Christina Aguilera. Or redo them 1999 vibes somehow come on over zipper GIF by Christina Aguilera. Everything post Stripped has been a mess i think (except for Hurt which was genius). 

I think she tried todo stripped 2.0 with lotus. Army of me - fighter. Blank page - beautiful dirty - your body. 
I don’t think she should do the same thing over. I keep saying it but she needs to PROMOTE!!! That is her only problem!! 
her music/ visuals and performances are 100% but hardly anyone knows about it :/

5 hours ago, Wayne said:

I think she tried todo stripped 2.0 with lotus. Army of me - fighter. Blank page - beautiful dirty - your body. 
I don’t think she should do the same thing over. I keep saying it but she needs to PROMOTE!!! That is her only problem!! 
her music/ visuals and performances are 100% but hardly anyone knows about it :/

girl... her non ballad performances have been lack luster at best since she "came back"

I'm hoping her new release is either a Spanish track, a power ballad or a commercial pop track.

Also, I'd like to see her work with a new creative team and a new promotion team. If she was able to take control over who she worked with way back in her earlier days (during the time her second album was released), then I think she could do it again now that she's been in the music industry for decades. Seriously, a new creative team and a new promotion team could help her boost the sales of her future releases.  

1 hour ago, ComradeBritney said:

I'm hoping her new release is either a Spanish track, a power ballad or a commercial pop track.

Also, I'd like to see her work with a new creative team and a new promotion team. If she was able to take control over who she worked with way back in her earlier days (during the time her second album was released), then I think she could do it again now that she's been in the music industry for decades. Seriously, a new creative team and a new promotion team could help her boost the sales of her future releases.  

I would want her to hire a whole new team but she constantly wants to work with friends and has worked with mostly the same people since Stripped. Even her untalented choreographer. She needs to bring in fresh people instead of hiring her friends. :lollipop: