Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Katy Perry's new song "Daisies" debuts at #40. Why?

She desperately needs to staple a long black wig on her head. Point.  Blank. Period. This blonde Katy has been played out. I like to pretend that NRO was the lead single hitting number 1. Then HIH as second single. ST was third single (it’s a bop) and Smile as fourth single. She needs to disappear after this current new album fizzles out like her relationship with Orlando will and come back in two years with that black hair and some 100% certifiable BOPS. 

#45 ....  

I’m not a Katy stan in the slightest but I really enjoy Daises and this makes me sad for her.  However, it’s the natural progression for females in pop. After 10 years, they find the new shiny thing (Ariana etc ). It’s truly unfair when Maroon 5 can score a huge hit with the SAME sound for the last 10 years but Katy struggles to even get a top 40 now. I sadly think her career is winding down but you know she has had a lot of hits and will go down in history as one of the most successful female pop acts ever. 

It’s sad she couldn’t have longevity like Britney or Beyonce but I guess that’s how it goes. 

I really wish Daises would at least debut at #40 😭

On 5/17/2020 at 12:13 PM, JordanMiller said:

• She hasn't ever disappeared from the spotlight. American Idol I think is hurting her music career.
  • She's consistently released songs over the last year or two, so this doesn't feel like a "lead" single.
  • She stopped connecting with the GP.

It's also worth mentioning that it is slated to debut at #45 on the Hot 100.

I don't know. Am I the only one that still cares about Katy? Whether you're a Kat or not, I'd love to hear your opinions. 

And stream Daisies smh.

katy.jpg.5abccb3996e6bd03cb3b395c4f297f25.jpg

I agree with your points and I would add the fact that, for the general audience, she changed the very things that defined her as a pop star without  really allowing a flow that felt natural. It's sad, yes, but a lot of people felt she lost her *** appeal (which was a major draw ) after she cut her hair and eyes it blonde. Stupid? Yes, but it happens. Then her music was not exactly marketed successfully. I said it like a week and a half ago and I do believe this is similar to what happened to J. Timberlake. Somehow people stopped connecting.

Now,for those of us who are things she has said, from mocking someone else's mental health, to diminishing women who want to have babies and suggesting they are mediocre just because they don't want to be popstars,to trying to say she was more successful than The Beatles in front of McCartney...well ha, it does taste like subtle karma. Subtle subtle,like her current impact

She trashed Britney, works with homophobic rappers, mean girl and she's boring. Her songs are nothing special and I use to be a BIG fan of Katy's but I have stopped caring about her music.

• Love +1 3
  • Like +1 1

There are many reasons as to why this song is flopping hard.

#1) The obvious reason. Once she cut her hair and had a whole cringy era (Swish Swish video and SNL performce of Bon Appetit) it just wasn't cool to support her and that's been how it is ever since. She would have to go back to her dark hair and do Dr. Luke type music to get the GP's attention again

#2) She's released 5 singles this era alone (if you can call it an era) and has done no promo besides a huge radio deal for NRO. She can call Daisies a lead single but she's not treating it as such. She hasn't even sent any of her singles after NRO to radio stations to play including Daisies. They're not releasing it to radio for another 2 weeks I believe, and the hype is already dead.

#3) Coronavirus. It's taken a huge toll on streaming, but more importantly radio and music in shopping malls and stores. IMO, pop music has died and it's kinda a commodity for radio, stores like H&M, and gay clubs to play. Camila's new single hit #1 on pop radio but it's barely in the top 100 for streaming.

Katy kinda released at the worst time, and she's literally pregnant so it's not like she actually has a reason to release any music right now.

On 5/17/2020 at 6:54 PM, Invitation said:

The hair change kinda ruined her.

Katy with black hair was a goofy but sexy hottie, and people found her down to earth and cute when she did all the cringe stuff, but once she got the Miley Cyrus hairdo, she lost that bombshell look immediately and everything became 1000x more cringey.

I hope she's gonna go back to being a brunette once her hair is less damaged.

wow, i always knew the haircut ruined her image but i never thought how the haircut changed how we perceive her personality

it's really interesting to me, her personality is the same basically, but with the long black hair she seemed so cool, goofy, and funny, but with short blonde hair she just feels so cringey

i kinda feel bad for feeling that way, and i know it's how everyone else feels

guess it goes to show that how you present yourself really impacts how people perceive your personality

I miss old Katy with black hair 

No one cares about katy anymore, 0 charisma...she's not funny, (she tries and fails every time) so.. hello for a new artist taking her spot.

On 5/17/2020 at 5:23 PM, OnlyFacts said:

idk why the LGBT community supports Doja. She is homophobic. Google it. doll hair flip GIF

Guys, I need whistleblower protection since I broke this news 

Hate to tell the truth but who’s even checking for Katy anymore? :orangu:

Hi! I'm new...Be nice please. :) Well, not actually new, I've been lurking for years, but Jordan forced us to register, so here I am. I avoided joining because I didn't want to get sucked into commenting on everything and I tend to be too verbose, ha. 

I don't understand why there is always a concern when artists don't do "well" in comparison to their prime. Everyone is going to have their peak. EVERYONE. It's not possible to continually dominate - nobody ever has. Once you hit your peak you will continue to work, but you can only be the "it" pop star for so long until there is another, especially in this generation of bite-size attention spans. Everyone who is huge and will have staying power had an explosive debut & perhaps follow up album but then didn't do as well - including our beloved Britney. I'm talking about general album sales - Ariana may be the only exception to this, but I'm pretty sure she just finished her prime; she will of course stay around and be relevant but I don't think their will be another Thank U, Next era. Taylor Swift rode her prime out because there wasn't many new artists coming out plus transitioning to pop allowed her an image overhaul so she was able to be the country princess and then pop princess, but even she is not doing as well. Beyonce, Rihanna, etc, none of them will have their peak again. Doesn't mean they won't still make great music, but you only have a set amount of time to be the "it" pop star. 

I honestly think Katy is genuine when she says she doesn't care about charts anymore, which is why she's releasing this album now because otherwise that idea is a PR disaster. Witness would have done better if she wasn't so strange during the promotional period, but she was clearly going through something at that time (I mean, who lives in a Big Brother-esque house to promote an album?). 

I don't think AI was a bad idea for her as look at how it brought JLO back into the spotlight. I do, however, think it shows more of the GP Katy's true personality which is a bit wacky which may put some people off - although she has always been quirky, but now it's just in people's faces. I wouldn't give up that job - she's probably making bank. If you were a pop star would you care more about making money or saying no to a job so maybe your music would perform better? $$$$ talks

What I do think is sad is I think Katy has actually developed as a vocalist. She was always more of a studio singer - she has a strong voice but touring always took a toll on her, especially in the style that she sings, which is very Seth-Rigs. I think, vocally, she's worked to improve and you can tell she has more control over her voice now live. I'm sure she worked a lot with a vocal coach over the years because it's one thing to be a singer-songwriter, but the demands of being a pop star doing constant touring plus speaking all the time for promotion can really wreak havoc on your voice since it never has a break. Singing live to recreate songs from the studio where you were singing at your best is already tough enough (Hi, Christina), let alone combining that with everything else you have to do during promotion as a pop star. That set she performed at the New Orleans festival a few years back, she sounded PHENOMENAL. I have never seen her in concert and I heard in her early days /prime she was a bit shaky, but I think now it would be really interesting to see her live. Her bathroom renditions of those songs were really strong, in terms of vocal control. 

She will never have another Teenage Dream. Moments like that only happen with a combination of being new and timing - just like Britney could never recreate the impact of OIDA, even though she remained a household name and the "it girl" for years afterwards. 

I think if it was released now, Witness would have done better. Listening to it now, I quite like the album, but I didn't when it came out. 

Sorry I don't know how to do all these little pictures yet... Pool Working GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

She had her most successful eras during the times when radio airplay and digital sales were a contributing factor but not anymore.

Now most chart points comes from streaming service where algorithms and momentum plays a role in your success.

Her stans are older now they're not going to be online 24/7 streaming her music or religiously buy her stuff.

Time will tell. I like Katy but the music video wasn't very good :icant2:. It's not on same level as IKAG, California Gurls, Roar and CTTR. She should follow NRO sound cause that's the closest Teenage Dream we can get:katycream:.

JustbecauseitsoverdoesntmeanitsreallyoverandifIthinkitovermaybeyoullbecominoveragainandIllhavetogetoveryoualloveragain

Outpeaked Break the Ice, Criminal, Ooh La LaPerfume, Outrageous, Shattered Glass, Overprotected, Slumber Party, Radar, and Do Somethin':barbie:

xoxo Roxxy 🦄

3 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Outpeaked Break the Ice, Criminal, Ooh La LaPerfume, Outrageous, Shattered Glass, Overprotected, Slumber Party, Radar, and Do Somethin':barbie:

those did outflop daisies, true, but:

BTI -> britney was sort of not even in the video and it certainly got zero promo because..yeah. also it was the third single

criminal -> rando oddball track that didn't fit the album in the first place that got dropped as a fourth single quite a while after the three very successful other singles

ooh la la -> just a soundtrack song with pretty cutesy lyrics that would not have ever dared to reach the top 10 in 2013 of all years (justice for ooh la la underrated bop)

perfume -> idk her

outrageous -> i really dk her but also she kind of didn't get released fully

shattered glass -> absolutely dk her (but also she wasn't a single?)

overprotected -> :crying1:

slumber party -> :kyliecry:

radar -> the radar horse was too R-rated for america's tastes tbh

do somethin' -> it in fact did not do somethin', sadly. 

anyway i'm just so amazed that katy has become the christina aguilera of her time...like wow the public really ditched her fast. so sad.

5 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Pretty Girls Outpeaked Daisies.