Flop misheard Britney lyrics

So I’m watching the DWAD tour, (which is reminding me how crazy talented she is) and there’s a part in Anticipating where the lyrics are on the screens. 

Apprently it’s “I’ll be anticipating, this is our song”  when since I was like 5 I’ve been saying “I’ll be anticipating, this is awesome” :makeitrain: it made sense when I was young so it stuck lmaooo.

Now that I know the actual lyrics the song sounds so much better. 

misheard.jpg

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to think the opening lyrics of Man on the moon to be  “Mark my scars, I’m dripping down my place.”  Work *****: “work it hard like your brother Shawn.” I still hear it despite knowing

inserts Mannequin here 

now I've finally understood why MOTM is so underrated. People don't even understand what she's singing about I mean, I agree with that countdown and whatever random language she speaks before that, b

Posted Images

• Super Moderators

I used to think the opening lyrics of Man on the moon to be 

“Mark my scars, I’m dripping down my place.” :frenchy:

Work *****: “work it hard like your brother Shawn.” I still hear it despite knowing the actual words.

• Haha 9
  • Super Moderators
Posted (edited)

Also about Man On the Moon. I used to... well, I still do actually... hear "work mascara dripping down my face." :imacat:

This is your first time seeing DWAD? :idkney:

Edited by Roxxy
  • Haha 4

🦄 💛🧡💜

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Also about Man On the Moon. I used to... well, I still do actually... hear "work mascara dripping dowm my face." :imacat:

Also that countdown before the last chorus, like what is she actually saying?? It's like she is singing in sim language :donewithit:

Just now, Roxxy said:

Also about Man On the Moon. I used to... well, I still do actually... hear "work mascara dripping dowm my face." :imacat:

11 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I used to think the opening lyrics of Man on the moon to be 

“Mark my scars, I’m dripping down my place.” :frenchy:

Omg me too! I hear “mmmmmmmdark mascara dripping down my face”. It sounds like Mark Mascara. I thought it was like a make up brand. :makeitrain:

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, reecejwilson said:

Every time I think about that I think, I'm 20, I feel so unaccomplished :queenflopga:

Omg, I’m 24 and 20 is like a baby to me. :kyliecry: I can never imagine doing what she did at 20, not to mention at 16-18. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

In Why Should I Be Sad I always thought she says "Even screamed at dinner for you" instead of "Even screaming damn it for you"

That’s one of my favorite songs by her and I still don’t know what she’s saying sometimes :hideous: I just go along with the melody. I love the rawness of the song. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
  • Super Moderators
1 minute ago, ovoxo said:

I’m surprised nobody called me out about her age. She was actually 21? Right? Yikes I’m high 

She was 19. Live from Las Vegas was filmed in November 2001. But i'm not gonna call you out on her age but the fact that you only found out about the lyrics to Anticipating in 2020. Is this your first time seeing DWAD? Because if yes, then I have questions. :imacat:

• Haha 4

🦄 💛🧡💜

3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

She was 19. Live from Las Vegas was filmed in November 2001. But i'm not gonna call you out on her age but the fact that you only found out about the lyrics to Anticipating in 2020. Is this your first time seeing DWAD? Because if yes, then I have questions. :imacat:

WHAT?! 19?! :gloriascary: She was SO established and so young. Your fave could never. 

And yes I’ve watched it. I actually saw it in person twice but I was so young lmao Don’t judge me. I went with the mood the music makes me feel not the specific lyrics. I think Britney would agree. :yaknow:

• Love 1
  • Super Moderators
2 minutes ago, ovoxo said:

WHAT?! 19?! :gloriascary: She was SO established and so young. Your fave could never. 

And yes I’ve watched it. I actually saw it in person twice but I was so young lmao Don’t judge me. I went with the mood the music makes me feel not the specific lyrics. I think Britney would agree. :yaknow:

Mmhmm. :tiffdrink:

🦄 💛🧡💜

• Super Moderators
44 minutes ago, ovoxo said:

Omg me too! I hear “mmmmmmmdark mascara dripping down my face”. It sounds like Mark Mascara. I thought it was like a make up brand. :makeitrain:

Lol I thought she was just putting mascara on and looking out of the window kind of thing, didn’t realize she’s crying and that is not a happy cute song. :britlol:

• Haha 3