Jump to content

Britney's unreleased "Make Me" music video is actually horrible (opinion)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes and I said what I said  The make me official video is bad enough, but the “unreleased” (which is praised, loved, eaten,breathed,living by the exhale community and Brit fandom overall) is even

I’ve watched the unreleased version waaay more than the official one. I like it, imo it’s an exaggerated portrayal of Britney Spears the brand. It’s like the version of Britney that the world once tho

It is awful...I’ve read that what leaked wasn’t a finished version, but literally I don’t think anything could save that mess.  The fact that they had a body double at the beginning with a bigger, fak

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dark.Knight said:

Show Me The Receipts GIF by reactionseditor

Well, give me one reason why the "original" mv wasn't released... It's Britney who didn't wanted to release it...

"If Britney Spears didn’t like her original Make Me music video, would you hold it against her?" -- source: https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/why-britneys-original-make-me-video-wasnt-released-w438725/

(They also said the mv was too vulgar for being a mv, soooo....)

She didn't wanted and she didn't released it. It's not the official version, it's an unreleased version and hopefully, as we respect her choices. Periodt.
Link to post
  • Super Moderators
4 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Well, give me one reason why the "original" mv wasn't released... It's Britney who didn't wanted to release it...

"If Britney Spears didn’t like her original Make Me music video, would you hold it against her?" -- source: https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/why-britneys-original-make-me-video-wasnt-released-w438725/

(They also said the mv was too vulgar for being a mv, soooo....)

She didn't wanted and she didn't released it. It's not the official version, it's an unreleased version and hopefully, as we respect her choices. Periodt.

Yeah, hi! 🧡💛 For the record, it was never confirmed that it was Britney who decided on not releasing it. Also, I don't think you're a new fan because if you aren't then you would've known that it's not all the time that Britney has complete creative control.

Because if we use your logic, then are you saying Britney axed the original Perfume video? When Joseph Kahn clearly stated that it was HER TEAM that wanted to water it down.

Back to original Make Me, Larry Rudolph never said it was Britney. He only said that they thought "it just didn't work". Meaning it was a team decision. Let's not spread fake news. :barbie:

  • Like 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

Link to post
1 hour ago, Dark.Knight said:

Funny how Make Me is trashy but her being topless dancing around a pole in Gimme More is considered "iconic"

Netflix GIF by Daybreak

Who said it was "iconic" here on this thread? Anyway, the original version of Gimme More wasn't focused on the club place. It was more focused on the rebirth of Britney after her funeral. But this was scrapped, and instead we have what we get today. Excuse me, but this was the uncensored version demanded by MusicChoice. The official one broadcasted on TV didn't showed those scenes. And I'm pretty sure, she wasn't aware of that, as we are talking about the cheapest mv of Britney ever. The only thing I like is the song, the music, not the music video which is just cheap with visual filters effects without a story and without a choreography. It's iconic due to "It's Britney Bi**h", the song which is good and catchy, the popular failed VMA, and maybe because the first time to see Britney with black hair on a complete music video. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
8 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Yeah, hi! 🧡💛 For the record, it was never confirmed that it was Britney who decided on not releasing it. Also, I don't think you're a new fan because if you aren't then you would've known that it's not all the time that Britney has complete creative control.

Because if we use your logic, then are you saying Britney axed the original Perfume video? When Joseph Kahn clearly stated that it was HER TEAM that wanted to water it down.

Back to original Make Me, Larry Rudolph never said it was Britney. He only said that they thought "it just didn't work". Meaning it was a team decision. Let's not spread fake news. :barbie:

No, I'm not talking about others music videos, I'm talking only for Make Me. If she wanted to censor Work Bi**h it's because she is a mother of two kids, then, it's highly possible that Britney wanted for Make Me too. They also said it was too NSFW according to the source, so they are aware of that's too vulgar. Yes, in general, Britney don't have the final word. But I don't think that wasn't Britney who agreed to not release the original mv of Make Me and accepted to do a lighter mv for the Make Me 2.0, just as she said she can't release the other scenes of Work Bi**h because she is a mother and that's what she said actually. 

Link to post
  • Super Moderators
7 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

No, I'm not talking about others music videos, I'm talking only for Make Me. If she wanted to censor Work Bi**h it's because she is a mother of two kids, then, it's highly possible that Britney wanted for Make Me too. They also said it was too NSFW according to the source, so they are aware of that's too vulgar. Yes, in general, Britney don't have the final word. But I don't think that wasn't Britney who agreed to not release the original mv of Make Me and accepted to do a lighter mv for the Make Me 2.0, just as she said she can't release the other scenes of Work Bi**h because she is a mother and that's what she said actually. 

I know you're talking about Make Me. Like, i'm not dumb. I'm following the discussion. :mattafact:

Again, it was never confirmed that it was Britney who decided against the original music video. Just that. Let's not spread fake news bb. :bigkiss:

🦄 💛🧡💜

Link to post
8 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I know you're talking about Make Me. Like, i'm not dumb. I'm following the discussion. :mattafact:

Again, it was never confirmed that it was Britney who decided against the original music video. Just that. Let's not spread fake news bb. :bigkiss:

Omg, I know your not dumb, I didn't meant that! :hugs: It's just as you said if we go with my logic, I don't have one actually, I was just talking about the Make Me mv only, without talking about other mv in general. I was just meaning that I know and I'm aware that others mv like Perfume, weren't axed by Britney as I'm talking only for Make Me.

And idk if actually it was confirmed by Britney or not, but just tried to clarify there's a lot of chance that Britney didn't wanted the original just like as Work Bi**ch vulgar scenes which is confirmed that was her choice (she said that, it was her voice in the call). But sure, it's not confirmed for Make Me, but still, if it was the team's goal to not release it, I don't actually found a reason, they just want money and the new mv just flopped and wasted money for the both mv.

Link to post
  • Super Moderators
2 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Omg, I know your not dumb, I didn't meant that! :hugs: It's just as you said if we go with my logic, I don't have one actually, I was just talking about the Make Me mv only, without talking about other mv in general. I was just meaning that I know and I'm aware that others mv like Perfume, weren't axed by Britney as I'm talking only for Make Me.

And idk if actually it was confirmed by Britney or not, but just tried to clarify there's a lot of chance that Britney didn't wanted the original just like as Work Bi**ch vulgar scenes which is confirmed that was her choice (she said that, it was her voice in the call). But sure, it's not confirmed for Make Me, but still, if it was the team's goal to not release it, I don't actually found a reason, they just want money and the new mv just flopped and wasted money for the both mv.

I was joking bb. No need to explain. :imacat:

I'm not here to argue with you about which version is better cause I obviously support @Dark.Knight and the others. So you don't have to explain and justify your stand to me. I only went in the discussion to clarify that it was never confirmed that Britney herself decided against the Make Me original video. You're just assuming that because it was scrapped. That's why I said, Britney doesn't have complete creative control all the time - and it's very naive to think she does. Because when you think like that, then it also implies that you think Britney herself scrapped the original Perfume video. Which isn't true because it's confirmed by Joseph Kahn himself that it was her team.

Again, you can continue defending your stand to Knighty. I'm just saying, you don't have receipts on who decided to scrap the original Make Me video. That's just it. 🧡💛

🦄 💛🧡💜

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I was joking bb. No need to explain. :imacat:

I'm not here to argue with you about which version is better cause I obviously support @Dark.Knight and the others. So you don't have to explain and justify your stand to me. I only went in the discussion to clarify that it was never confirmed that Britney herself decided against the Make Me original video. You're just assuming that because it was scrapped. That's why I said, Britney doesn't have complete creative control all the time - and it's very naive to think she does. Because when you think like that, then it also implies that you think Britney herself scrapped the original Perfume video. Which isn't true because it's confirmed by Joseph Kahn himself that it was her team.

Again, you can continue defending your stand to Knighty. I'm just saying, you don't have receipts on who decided to scrap the original Make Me video. That's just it. 🧡💛

Yeah, that's what I said in my previous message, nothing is confirmed on Make Me anyway. Of course, I don't trust that Britney decide everything, her team has always rejected complex music videos in all cases. The mv is not officialy released (and I'm glad) so there's no reason to continue to argue about that, it was first interesting to debate and know each one opinion. Let's just stay cool! 😄 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Deactivated
2 hours ago, MSTAR said:

Well, give me one reason why the "original" mv wasn't released... It's Britney who didn't wanted to release it...

"If Britney Spears didn’t like her original Make Me music video, would you hold it against her?" -- source: https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/why-britneys-original-make-me-video-wasnt-released-w438725/

(They also said the mv was too vulgar for being a mv, soooo....)

She didn't wanted and she didn't released it. It's not the official version, it's an unreleased version and hopefully, as we respect her choices. Periodt.

Your resource is Larry? :wonka:

He also said she always sings live so

  • Haha 2
Link to post
53 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

Your resource is Larry? :wonka:

He also said she always sings live so

Lol didn't knew that :haha:

No but seriously, idk, but as it's not the official video, it's fine. I wonder when we would get all answers to our questions... :nervousney::crying1:

Link to post
7 hours ago, MSTAR said:

Well, it doesn't serve to debate more about this music video. Why? Even Britney didn't wanted to release it because she found too vulgar, she wasn't comfortable, and also, she is a mother (yes, just like Work Bi**h mv, she said she is a mother of 2 kids and didn't wanted to show other vulgar scenes).

People who say that "they are new fans" to those members who said that MV was vulgar and others mv of Britney were known for that, but, wait... A fan doesn't mean love everything from his/her artist prefered, right? He/she can find negative points, can don't like a mv, etc. Furthermore, old Britney' music videos wasn't that "Vulgar", they were provocative, you can easily compare old ones with Make Me original version. And Britney did also many music videos which aren't provocative like: Someday I will Understand, Overprotected, Ohh La La, Radar, Sometimes, BOMT, Lucky and more... You just have to do the difference, yes Britney was known for this image, but not that vulgar like Make Me. Make Me is the worst and the most vulgar mv Britney ever did and she seems to agree with this fact, if not, why would she not release it? :tiffdrink:

Okay I get what you mean but my biggest issue is that no one was complaining when the OG video was the only one we had. When it was “leaking” originally everyone here was totally game for it. But the moment someone used the excuse “no it was too vulgar”  this sheep minded fan base quickly turned on it. They do this all the time it’s nothing new. I always threaten to bump the thread where Pretty Girls debuted and EVERYONE in the thread was calling it “urban” and talking about how awesome it was. The moment critics called it a horrible song everyone turned on it. Again.

Sexuality is subjective but we need to examine this music video in the same limelight as other music videos: is it more ******** charged as MVs released today or just about the same? Other than featuring unique stylized visuals, what exactly was groundbreaking about this video in terms of overt raunchiness? I’m gonna argue it wasn’t. It was just about the same. So how much “controversy” could this video have caused?
 

David said “Britney” didn’t like it, yet clearly “she” and David were having an editing war over the video and subsequently the video that leaked was “her’s”. Britney picked David. This video was storyboarded. They go over the stuff before. I can only imagine because this video certainly *did* display more sexuality than her last few videos her ever so conservative team wasn’t too fond of what they were watching. Even if Britney did fully consent to everything, including the simulated G-Eazy *** scene, the powers that be *always* get their way in the end.

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, studlygeorge said:

Okay I get what you mean but my biggest issue is that no one was complaining when the OG video was the only one we had. When it was “leaking” originally everyone here was totally game for it. But the moment someone used the excuse “no it was too vulgar”  this sheep minded fan base quickly turned on it. They do this all the time it’s nothing new. I always threaten to bump the thread where Pretty Girls debuted and EVERYONE in the thread was calling it “urban” and talking about how awesome it was. The moment critics called it a horrible song everyone turned on it. Again.

Sexuality is subjective but we need to examine this music video in the same limelight as other music videos: is it more ******** charged as MVs released today or just about the same? Other than featuring unique stylized visuals, what exactly was groundbreaking about this video in terms of overt raunchiness? I’m gonna argue it wasn’t. It was just about the same. So how much “controversy” could this video have caused?
 

David said “Britney” didn’t like it, yet clearly “she” and David were having an editing war over the video and subsequently the video that leaked was “her’s”. Britney picked David. This video was storyboarded. They go over the stuff before. I can only imagine because this video certainly *did* display more sexuality than her last few videos her ever so conservative team wasn’t too fond of what they were watching. Even if Britney did fully consent to everything, including the simulated G-Eazy *** scene, the powers that be *always* get their way in the end.

I understand what you mean. I never saw the original mv of Make Me just before it got leaked and the leaked pictures, just heard there was another version of it and it was not released. When it was leaked, since the first seconds, I didn't liked how vulgar the scene is. It reminds me her new style of performance, essentially those recent ones, and I don't like them too. For my case, I don't listen to others and change my mind with other's opinion, if I like something I say it. If I don't, I say and try to explain. Many here agree with the fact that the MV is too vulgar, I found it vulgar when I saw the first time the leak. Yes, it may not shock everyone today, but it's hard for me to accept and like this mv (the original). After all, everyone has his opinion, for example, I don't Iike at all I'm A Slave 4 U (the mv, not the song. Even if I like the choreography). So this thread was meant to discuss on why the original is bad for some people, and give our opinion. Also, I get you when you say about Pretty Girls, for me, it's a great mv and never changed my opinion about. After, I don't know here what hapenned on this website, as I'm just new.:)

  • Love 1
Link to post
  • Deactivated
3 hours ago, MSTAR said:

Lol didn't knew that :haha:

No but seriously, idk, but as it's not the official video, it's fine. I wonder when we would get all answers to our questions... :nervousney::crying1:

surprised season 3 GIF by Rosanna Pansino

  • Haha 1
Link to post

The fact that some Britney stans put together the clips from the unreleased MV to make a whole different music video should tell you that they prefer the unreleased one than the official Make Me mv. I was so disappointed when it premiered! I mean Ohh La La mv was even watchable!

  • Love 1
Link to post

I just want to reiterate that I love the unreleased version :heresthetea:

It's the only music video I watched on repeat since Womanizer :imhere:

It's probably way better than Womanizer indeed :heresthetea:

It'd made Glory one of her best era to me :imhere:

I will never forgive Britney/team's Britney for what they did to us :heresthetea:

Similarly, I'll never get why some fans dare to say that it was just garbage, too vulgar and so on :imhere:

 

Link to post

I don't think it's fair to say that and judge David. It wasn't edited properly, scenes were missing so it didn't make much sense... I think that Britney looked beautiful and yes, it might not be great but we only got to see an unfinished, unedited version, of course it'd be far from perfect. Also who'd judge her from being a mum and showing skin? It was 2016 sis, not 1996

Link to post
On 4/26/2020 at 9:52 PM, Dark.Knight said:

are you a new Britney fan? most of her videos are hyper sexualized, this one is just more blunt

BOMT, OIDIA, Stronger, DLMBTLTK, Slave, Overprotected Remix, ILR&R, Toxic, GM, Womanizer, IUSA, Criminal, WB, Slumber Party

I'm wondering what makes you think that i was talking about sexualized or not? Clearly Lachapelle tried to create a story but he messed up. That's what i was talking about.

And I'm almost 30 years old and practically grew up with these videos, if you really need an answer about that hideous question.

Please don't use my comments to get some like. 

 

  • Love 1
Link to post
  • Deactivated
2 hours ago, Freudian said:

I'm wondering what makes you think that i was talking about sexualized or not? Clearly Lachapelle tried to create a story but he messed up. That's what i was talking about.

And I'm almost 30 years old and practically grew up with these videos, if you really need an answer about that hideous question.

Please don't use my comments to get some like. 

 

yes cuz I need your superfluous commentaries to get likes, I forgot my life revolves around such contention

he didn't mess up something he didn't even get to edit or do

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block