Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Taylor swifts opening singles are always the worst songs of the record

I have been a Taylor swift fan for a few years, becoming more interested in her once I started studying business and communication and had to look into her more as a business brand and label powerhouse. I have followed her choices socially and privately and find her choices fascinating but mainly, why are her first single releases so much more excruciating than the rest of the albums. also, why are a lot of her single choices (.) some of the less interesting songs of the releases.

speak now - mine,  sparks fly

red- we are never getting back together, 22

1989- shake it off, bad blood

reputation - look what you made me do, ready for it, end game 

lover- me (criinge)

I feel like there's obviously a side to the decision to pick the catchiest, most commercially available choice - but there's so many lyrically relevant and beautiful songs on the record that get over looked, especially by people that won't dive deeper and listen to the rest after hearing the first single release. 

taylor-shake.jpg

Uhmm, it's a hard NO. I disagree completely. :ehidk:

But welcome to Exhale @melodramaprince ! ❤

happy pokemon GIF

Come to slander 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' and 'Look What You Made Me Do', stay for the community.

• Haha 2
  • Like 2

🦄 💛🧡💜

Only one I agree with Is ME!. But i understand why. It was her way to say. The version you approved for your kids is back. 

I completely agree. Especially starting with "Red". Still understandable, though. :lizzie:

💃🏻 stan of all flop pop girlies 💃🏻

the fact that lover had songs like “death by thousand cuts” “cruel summer” and “miss americana” but they chose ME! as the lead is something i will never be able to understand why

Sorry, but the amount of disrespect and dust paid towards WANGBT, LWYMMD, Shake it off and bad blood is downright disgusting:lessons: 

But gotta agree on “HEY KIDS, SpeLLinG iS fUN:mcorangu:

Spoiler

Btw, congratz on ur first thread being a hit despite being new

Just now, Blackout2006 said:

Sorry, but the amount of disrespect and dust paid towards WANGBT, LWYMMD, Shake it off and bad blood is downright disgusting:lessons: 

But gotta agree on “HEY KIDS, SpeLLinG iS fUN:mcorangu:

Hide contents

Btw, congratz on ur first thread being a hit despite being new

I only agree with this for her pop albums. With her first four albums all her leads were top 5 in the tracklist. But Shake It Off and Look What You Made Me Do were just okay compared to the albums they lived in and well ME! is just... 🤮🤮🤮

I am a Taylor stan but I never love her first singles with the exception Of LWYMMD

She's known for being a sell-out though, like her whole career is basically just marketing so I'm sure they lead with the songs they think are gonna get the most buzz and sell the most (which isn't necessarily a bad method). I don't follow her but I will say Me was a really bad song though. It had Brendon Urie so I guess they were thinking his appearance was enough to get buzz.

19 hours ago, Arianna said:

I am a Taylor stan but I never love her first singles with the exception Of LWYMMD

That's why Reputation is her best album :whatitellu:

Quite agree with you

Shake the **** off and Me! are her worst songs:chrissy:

For the others singles she made some good choice and bad blood choices :whatitellu:

I am late to the T-Swift fan party.

I don't find most of her music to be particularly good but I think she is a smart business woman.

And I respect her as a songwriter.

lisa kudrow laughing GIF by The Comeback HBO

This is the most mistaken opinion that I have read. :ohwut:
I think the problem with Taylor is in the second singles, he always releases a promo single that is too successful and takes too long to release video, losing much emphasis on the song. It has happened to him with all his eras except the perfect and undisputed 1989. :bedtime:

I agree that ME! was a terrible choice The Man or even YNTCD would’ve been better. I love 1989 and think it’s one of the best pop albums of the 2010s but shake it off is one of my least favorite songs on the album but I understand why it was the lead:yaknow:  however LWYMMD, Mine and WANGBT are iconic flawless hops 

On 4/19/2020 at 3:35 AM, glorytotheworld said:

I am late to the T-Swift fan party.

I missed that bus.

I do like the 1989 album tho.