At the end of the day doing Vegas was the greatest decision of her career

BUT ONLY BECAUSE SHE  STAYED IN THE PUBLIC EYE AFTER IN THE ZONE/2004.

In my eyes, she should have started her own label at the end of the 2004 and her own fashion line (which would have easily been a billion a year revenue generator in 2004.)  Her mental health (and aging) would have been far healthier; her confidence as a performer would still be intact (no 2007 vma, no Chaotic) and 2007 overall would have never happened etc...

But because she continued to stay in the public eye, Circus to Vegas SHOULD have made her wealthy enough in the event she doesn't perform again.  She could still perform again, of course, but in the event she never does that period of Circus to Vegas should have ensured that.

And it probably would have been healthier for her to have a life coach and hiatus after Circus rather than that drugged Femme Fatale bull****. (and X Factor)  

But it never happened.  Like I said, Circus, Femme Fatale, X Factor and Vegas as well as releasing perfumes (which she should continue to do regardless) should have made her wealthy enough to take care of herself and her kids if she chooses to never perform again.

And she should have taken a hiatus at the end of 2017, after the first residency rather than do that announcement for Domination.

So hopefully she is just living her life with her kids.

• Like 3

The right plan was to break up with Justin, to be a mature girl in every way on a personal and professional level, to be an independent girl, to do her residency in Las Vegas, to meet a boy who really loved her, who was healthy, intelligent and attractive. launch her clothing collection, launch her perfume, get away from her toxic family and especially her abusive father, never meet Lou M. Taylor, never let evil people into her life, start raising a family and do what she does really wanted.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
59 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

The right plan was to break up with Justin, to be a mature girl in every way on a personal and professional level, to be an independent girl, to do her residency in Las Vegas, to meet a boy who really loved her, who was healthy, intelligent and attractive. launch her clothing collection, launch her perfume, get away from her toxic family and especially her abusive father, never meet Lou M. Taylor, never let evil people into her life, start raising a family and do what she does really wanted.

That's why, in the grand scheme of things, 2004-2005 was critical.

As good as Blackout is, and it is arguably her best album, does it really do much for Britney artistically? (It does a bit but not in proportion to the mental health cost)

If we are to be real, for an initial solo teen pop star with initial teen pop audience and the wealth she had amassed to that point, what was there really to come back to with a major label?

She really had maxed out all she was going to accomplish with Jive/a major label by 2004.  Even her knee injuries in 2004 supports this point.

She should have started her own label back in 2004 when her contract was up after Greatest Hits My Prerogative and do all those things you stated.

Britney IS a survivor but the cost of 2006-conservatorship has been quite high.  At this point she should live her life.

• Like 1

Maybe it wasn't a bad decision, but certainly not hers. But luckily, after some time she became pretty comfortable with Vegas.

I'd say touring with it in 2018 was a very bad decision. I know a lot of you got to see her, but apart from that...Girl needed a break, it's so sad that we got to see her crying on stage.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Nickey said:

Maybe it wasn't a bad decision, but certainly not hers. But luckily, after some time she became pretty comfortable with Vegas.

Of course it was Larry Rudolph's idea.  But like I said, it was ONLY  a good decision because she never went independent post-In The Zone/2004 (when she should have) and continued to stay in the public eye with Chaotic etc...

2 hours ago, Nickey said:

I'd say touring with it in 2018 was a very bad decision. I know a lot of you got to see her, but apart from that...Girl needed a break, it's so sad that we got to see her crying on stage.

Agreed.  And like I also said, she SHOULD have announced a hiatus after the first residency.  Larry can never be "let off the hook" because after all, she injured her knee TWICE on his watch and after her breakup with Timberlake AND her parents divorce she was still pushed back on stage also on his watch.

So for all the 'great' decisions Larry made in her career they are all arguably offset by the injurious ones.

I think Vegas 2013-14, 1 year break, return with the re-vamped show from 16-17 and NOTHING Piece of Me after that. The Piece of Me tour was by far the worst decision her team could have ever made, and it may sound hypocritical as I went to see it myself but looking back at videos, Britney clearly did not want to be there. She was rushing through every single performance and flat out not executing the choreography at some points. There were no props. Nothing. Just smoke and lighting. Coming from the standpoint, that it's a 'Britney Spears' show, I think people expected way more. 

• Like 3
12 hours ago, zxcvb said:

As good as Blackout is, and it is arguably her best album, does it really do much for Britney artistically? (It does a bit but not in proportion to the mental health cost)

If we are to be real, for an initial solo teen pop star with initial teen pop audience and the wealth she had amassed to that point, what was there really to come back to with a major label?

She really had maxed out all she was going to accomplish with Jive/a major label by 2004.  Even her knee injuries in 2004 supports this point.

She should have started her own label back in 2004 when her contract was up after Greatest Hits My Prerogative and do all those things you stated.

Britney IS a survivor but the cost of 2006-conservatorship has been quite high.  At this point she should live her life.

Sure, she was a teen doing teen pop and how all people have to grow and mature in her case in sound and music.She should have probably started her own label and surrounded herself with good professionals and fired Larry, by the way M. Galbe (Jive's former PR still puts pretty/nice things about Britney on his Instagram).Her bad decisions and her guardianship have destroyed her personal and professional life.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, reecejwilson said:

I think Vegas 2013-14, 1 year break, return with the re-vamped show from 16-17 and NOTHING Piece of Me after that. 

This is even way better. A break after the first run OUT OF THE PUBLIC EYE and then a return back to a revamped show.

With the route you described, she also wouldn't have gotten that procedure she gotten in 2015 and it DOES MATTER.  We all age.  But that isn't the issue.  Because she continued to constantly stay in the spotlight, the change in her mouth shape/smile was just way to easy to discern and it wasn't because of aging. 

It also obviously wouldn't be as big an issue if she and her team/label hadn't made it such a selling point during her prime.  But they did.  So its tough to fault the public in this instance.  

2 hours ago, reecejwilson said:

The Piece of Me tour was by far the worst decision her team could have ever made, and it may sound hypocritical as I went to see it myself but looking back at videos, Britney clearly did not want to be there. 

There's no question about this.  As I said, because they did go ahead to do 3 more years after 2014, she should have announced a hiatus in 2017 after the first residency rather than the POM tour or Domination announcement.

1 hour ago, Winter _90 said:

Sure, she was a teen doing teen pop and how all people have to grow and mature in her case in sound and music.She should have probably started her own label and surrounded herself with good professionals and fired Larry, by the way M. Galbe (Jive's former PR still puts pretty/nice things about Britney on his Instagram).

Its not only about her being a teen doing teen pop and having to grow and mature, but also the fact that her audience was naturally shrinking due to being an initial solo teen pop star. (And on top of that getting her knee injured twice in 2004)  What was there really to come back to Jive after 2004?

The Circus Tour was only successful because of the comeback hype from her personal issues from 2007-2008.  Not because of her abilities (Although she did have great stage presence for much of the tour).

And obviously Femme Fatale Tour/era was correctly a sharp decline in audience, when she would have been better off having a life coach than her drugged up state.

1 hour ago, Winter _90 said:

She should have probably started her own label and surrounded herself with good professionals and fired Larry, by the way M. Galbe. Her bad decisions and her guardianship have destroyed her personal and professional life.

The decisions are a combination of hers, Larry Rudolph's etc...  She IS a Survivor but look at all the problems.

It's clear she should have launched her own label by 2004...

But because she DID say in the public eye/major label, Circus-Vegas should have made her more than enough to never perform again if she chooses not to. (I'm not saying she shouldn't but just in case she doesn't perform again.)

I don’t understand why fans obsess with “what should have” or the direction. Britney has had a career that others dream of. It may not be the fairy tale one but EVERYONE knows her and its been over twenty years now. Some the fans sound like her handlers. I’m happy she isn’t doing music right now. I do wish she had more time with her boys and less of this conservatorship crap. I think all fans can say they hope she gets out of it and makes another “comeback” because we all know that she can. IF it happens it has to be on her terms and no one elses. 

• Like 1

I made a post about her Vegas residency last night but basically I think it was a good idea. It came at a time in her career where she was trying new things. She had did Glee in 2010 and after a huge album and tour in 2011 she did X Factor which was a major change for her. I definitely think it was time for her to do something that made her more comfortable and suited her life style rather than being on the road. 

I just think the show was cheap and nasty and she got bored of it quite quickly.

• Super Moderators
23 hours ago, zxcvb said:

She was going to and Larry was gonna help her with it but you know how that always goes. I mean that’s how she discovered Jojo and was thinking of signing Jojo to her label. She talked about doing Vegas for a long time, and wanted to be a very small intimate environment where the fans are closer to her and she can just be low key where even fans can sing along. I’m thinking she’s imagining it like Elvis kind of thing. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 3:28 AM, puppylo16 said:

She was going to and Larry was gonna help her with it but you know how that always goes. I mean that’s how she discovered Jojo and was thinking of signing Jojo to her label. She talked about doing Vegas for a long time, and wanted to be a very small intimate environment where the fans are closer to her and she can just be low key where even fans can sing along. I’m thinking she’s imagining it like Elvis kind of thing. 

I never heard anything about Britney and Jojo.

Can you share me the whatever details you have on this please? :)

• Super Moderators

She did have a life coach, didn't she? Strawberry or something 

Anyways, I think Vegas was ideal for her, she just needed longer breaks. And the show needed more investment, more revamps, change the show completely more often, thus the longer breaks.

But I think as long as she's under a conservatorship, every decision will always be covered by the shadow of her lack of freedom, whether she's working or not. I mean, we could say she's better now that she's on a hiatus, but is she really? 

• Like 2

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

Having a clothing line in late 2004 would have been worse for her, because she would have had the pressure to dress up in style to give her brand credibility. :wow:
I feel that a clothing line in 2001 would have been a good strategy for profit, so the DWAD would not have been necessary.
 Imagine a mix between Onyx and DWAD. It would have been the best tour :tiffanynod:

• Super Moderators
7 hours ago, BritLOVER said:

I never heard anything about Britney and Jojo.

Can you share me the whatever details you have on this please? :)

I forgot how she got in but through some connection and so she got to meet Britney and she performed a song for Britney who was impressed  and gave her a business card (not sure if it was Larry or a talent scout) I know somewhere in the article she had mentioned she was putting together a label and would love to sign Jojo. Obviously that didn’t happened but they still reached out to that person who’s business card they still have and she was able to get her start.