Jump to content

Was Lindsay Lohan’s album ‘Speak’ ahead of its time?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will never forgive you gays for making it debut and peak at #4. Over is that *****

Lindsay Lohan was better than Hilary Duff  

Taste! Dignity is pop perfection   

Posted Images

  • Super Moderators
Just now, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Yes and a magnet as well :mattafact:

Well, I guess those are symptoms of you coming out of me. :mattafact:

  • Haha 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

Link to post
  • Super Moderators
3 minutes ago, rik said:

It’s not that good. It actually battled out for worst album of the year according to some review sites with Hilary duff’s self titled in 2004. Besides a few tracks, it’s very much just banking on her freaky Friday and mean girls household name status which she achieved. This being said, she already was having meetings with tommy  motolla in 2001 following Parent Trap and the release of Get a Clue and Life Size. She had an official website (now defunct) where she posted a diary entry in 2002 about sitting in on meetings. None of those records came into fruition. Following the release of Mean Girls (after being offered by Hollywood Records to release songs like I Decide, Ultimate, and First for the Herbie Freaky Friday and Confessjons of. Teenage Drama Queen soundtracks), she signed with casblanca records, a subunit of Motown. The objective according to Lohan was to create something girls could listen to at sleepovers, like a “burnt disc”. 

The highlights for Speak are: Nobody till you, First, Over, and Something I never Had. Her voice is very very overtly produced to match that of Hilary Duffs. 

Lindsays followup, A Little More Personal, is much rockier by comparison and has great vision. The highlights for me are: Confessions it a Broken Heart (she shot the video for this), If It’s Alright, My Innocence, and La Bella Vita. It went Gold, a significant decline from the sales of her debut. 

In 2007, following the release of Georgia Rule Lindsay went on TRl to discuss her third album, suggesting it would be more dance oriented. Bossy was released as the first single, and a track titled Playground was rumoured to be the lead single off the album, rumoured to be titled Spirit in the dark. Tracks including I wanna be bad, stuck, and can’t stop won’t stop we’re leaked in 2010. 

She is still attached to Motown and wants to release the following as part of an album, but has not released anything in full:

https://mobile.twitter.com/drugproblem/status/1177663138621083648?lang=en

 

Finally someone recognizes what a bop Nobody Til You is :mattafact:and T I love me some Lindsay and how iconic she was but Dignity exists :mattafact:

  • Like 3

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
  • Super Moderators
9 minutes ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

Lindsay Lohan was better than Hilary Duff  :byetina:

They are both queens :lessons: Lizzie McGuire movie exists :lessons: Lizzie and Isabella>tweedle dee and dum in The Parent Trap :lessons: Hilary remains unproblematic and self isolates are gone :lessons: I won’t take no sacrilege talk against Queen Hilary :lessons: and I will take no sacrilege talk against Queen Lilo :lessons: 

  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
  • Super Moderators
5 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It’s winter in June when I’m without you :mattafact:

Omg wait, speaking of. So before I bought my copy of Speak, my bestfriend downloaded the album and burned it on a cd for me cause he's sweet like that and he knows I'm obsessed with Rumors. The tracklist he printed out said "Very Last Month" and even if I know it doesn't make sense with the lyrics, I believed it for months! LMAO until I bought the cd. Imagine my shock when I saw "Very Last Moment in Time".

psychadelic GIF

  • Haha 2

🦄 💛🧡💜

Link to post
  • Super Moderators
1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Omg wait, speaking of. So before I bought my copy of Speak, my bestfriend downloaded the album and burned it on a cd for me cause he's sweet like that and he knows I'm obsessed with Rumors. The tracklist he printed out said "Very Last Month" and even if I know it doesn't make sense with the lyrics, I believed it for months! LMAO until I bought the cd. Imagine my shock when I saw "Very Last Moment in Time".

psychadelic GIF

OMG :blol: so much sisters friend burned her a copy of Britney because I listened to mine 24/7 and overprotected ended “over protec” :blol: and to this day I always think of that when I hear the song :blol:

  • Haha 1

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
  • Super Moderators
5 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

OMG :blol: so much sisters friend burned her a copy of Britney because I listened to mine 24/7 and overprotected ended “over protec” :blol: and to this day I always think of that when I hear the song :blol:

Not your sister's friend disrespecting my stan song like that :pika: and omg i also still kinda believe to this day that Very Last Moment in Time is Very Last Month. :haha:

  • Haha 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

Link to post

Hi. :) I’ve been a lurker on Exhale for four years now, and I really wanted to join so I could engage in this conversation. I’m a huge Lindsay stan (probably one of the last remaining four) and I LOVE Speak. I don’t personally believe it’s ahead of it’s time. I think it’s a perfect time capsule of the early 2000s, and that’s what makes it special to listeners who’ve given it a chance. The album wasn’t promoted as heavily as it should’ve been, because Lindsay was filming ‘Herbie’ during what would’ve been the album’s press tour. If you ask most people today, they wouldn’t know she ever had a signing career. Pair that with a lack of performances of the singles, no tour, and the GP viewing her as another teen actress getting a record deal; It’s actually surprising how well it did. Stream Speak. :mcwave:

  • Love 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Super Moderators
1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Not your sister's friend disrespecting my stan song like that :pika: and omg i also still kinda believe to this day that Very Last Moment in Time is Very Last Month. :haha:

Well it is VERY last month :mattafact: 

  • Haha 1

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
  • Super Moderators
Just now, privacycvnt said:

Hi. :) I’ve been a lurker on Exhale for four years now, and I really wanted to join so I could engage in this conversation. I’m a huge Lindsay stan (probably one of the last remaining four) and I LOVE Speak. I don’t personally believe it’s ahead of it’s time. I think it’s a perfect time capsule of the early 2000s, and that’s what makes it special to listeners who’ve given it a chance. The album wasn’t promoted as heavily as it should’ve been, because Lindsay was filming ‘Herbie’ during what would’ve been the album’s press tour. If you ask most people today, they wouldn’t know she ever had a signing career. Pair that with a lack of performances of the singles, no tour, and the GP viewing her as another teen actress getting a record deal; It’s actually surprising how well it did. Steam Speak. :mcwave:

Welcome! And yes I’ve been streaming Speak since I started commenting on this thread :duadance:

  • Love 1

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
  • Super Moderators
4 minutes ago, privacycvnt said:

Hi. :) I’ve been a lurker on Exhale for four years now, and I really wanted to join so I could engage in this conversation. I’m a huge Lindsay stan (probably one of the last remaining four) and I LOVE Speak. I don’t personally believe it’s ahead of it’s time. I think it’s a perfect time capsule of the early 2000s, and that’s what makes it special to listeners who’ve given it a chance. The album wasn’t promoted as heavily as it should’ve been, because Lindsay was filming ‘Herbie’ during what would’ve been the album’s press tour. If you ask most people today, they wouldn’t know she ever had a signing career. Pair that with a lack of performances of the singles, no tour, and the GP viewing her as another teen actress getting a record deal; It’s actually surprising how well it did. Steam Speak. :mcwave:

Remaining four fans? :zoomzoom: You tried it!!! :lessons:

But welcome to Exhale @privacycvnt! ❤

happy pokemon GIF

Come to reply on a Speak thread, stay for the community!

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block