Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande - "Rain On Me" music video (watch + comment party)

54 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

Are we allowed to talk about how this is a pretty bad song?

Sounds like Artpop 2 reject :cackling::awks:

Its a fun song once you get past the retail store music nature of it. :gagacrash:

• Haha +1 2
  • Dislike -1 1
  • Like +1 2

9 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Dua lipa, Weeknd enter the chat

original.gif

2 minutes ago, PARKBOM said:

original.gif

Weekend- after hours was a great album. Sampling the 80s more slower rhythms delicately to make a album that has a 80% rating and above in meta critic.

Dua Lipa- Future nostalgia despite it just being may, is already the AOTY 2020. It is the most highly acclaimed of 2020 (99% rating for its debut). She used 70s-80s disco and synth pop yet, have a modern and timeless twist to it.

1 hour ago, DonoDotto said:

Are we allowed to talk about how this is a pretty bad song?

Sounds like Artpop 2 reject :cackling::awks:

And you heard ARTPOP ACT II so you know how it sounds? Where sis? Give it to me? 

:joanne: take a seat 

46 minutes ago, Body ache said:

Its a fun song once you get past the retail store music nature of it. :gagacrash:

Make Me tease :enigma:

10.1 million streams on Spotify day one... Whew ladies truly did THAT :weusay: Haters can cry while streaming ROM 

Africana Grande is my new favorite thing to say. You'll have to thank reddit for that. :gagacrash:

💖 you make me feel special 💖

The song is a bop and the video is great and well produced. Well done! 

I like it but it's like the song is missing something.. I feel the same about Stupid Love.. I guess it's the production.

I prefer Dua Lipa's new album..

8 minutes ago, Louis_j said:

I prefer Dua Lipa's new album..

I don't think it's fair to compare an entire album against two songs coming from one that's yet to be released. 

1 hour ago, popmusicstan said:

Make Me tease :enigma:

Make Me was bathroom/hotel music. :gagacrash:

3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Weekend- after hours was a great album. Sampling the 80s more slower rhythms delicately to make a album that has a 80% rating and above in meta critic.

Dua Lipa- Future nostalgia despite it just being may, is already the AOTY 2020. It is the most highly acclaimed of 2020 (99% rating for its debut). She used 70s-80s disco and synth pop yet, have a modern and timeless twist to it.

200.gif
CHROMATICA hasn’t even been released in full. The Babylon snippet alone demolishes Weekend and Dua. Next.

#StreamRainOnMe :) 

So my thoughts are...

Song- The metaphor was a bit lost on me on what the song is about (perhaps says more about me than Gaga haha!). Love the bridge. But when the beat drops... it’s a bit lackluster. But overall it’s old school Gaga shining through.

MV- Good visual. Found the cuddling at the end bit uncomfortable and also the weird part Gaga bends down and starts waving her hands around. And again... the knife metaphor was lost on me til I read her explanation (but I am blonde). :makeitrain:

Overall- it’s much needed injection to  pop music rn and cool video that’ll spark many costumes for reschedules world tour (if/when). IMO- it’s a 7/10 but has potential to spawn some sick remixes with a better beat :fran:

17 hours ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

am i the only one tired of the assumption that just because I'm gay i love all dance pop music?

You are on a B. Spears fan page... sis...

I just feel like Gaga's new work is lacking experimentation thus it feels cookie cutter for Gaga.  It's not bad but it's not great - just acceptable bubblegum pop.

Not going to lie. Cant wait for the album. Gaga always delivers on her albums whether or not her singles are good or lackluster. :imacat:

The video is like Stupid Love, but replace the desert by rain.

Cute, has some energetic moves, but no plot and basically only one location. Does the job, but I am not impressed.

Spoiler

Ariana looks great without a ponytail! :tbh:

10 hours ago, PARKBOM said:

200.gif
CHROMATICA hasn’t even been released in full. The Babylon snippet alone demolishes Weekend and Dua. Next.

#StreamRainOnMe :) 

Let’s see if chromatica gets the amount of rating they both got :) 

Choreography today is so bad. It’s too fast and jerky. Ariana looks weird dancing. 
I do appreciate Gaga’s visuals and effort. I feel like the video was missing a story line and fell flat a bit in the second half of the video. 
The song is missing a strong chorus. I feel like that is what’s holding it back from being a true moment.