Did Lady Gaga rip off Grimes & Brooke Candy in the "Stupid Love" video?

• Community Leader

Lady Gaga just released her new music video for "Stupid Love." 

In it, she rocks an outfit very similar to one RCA-signed artist Brooke Candy rocked in Grimes's 2012 music video for "Genesis."

The similarities are undeniable, but perhaps it was just a coincidence? What do you think? Do you think Gaga and Haus of Gaga were at all aware? :runga:

It's worth pointing out Grimes has heard LG6 and may even be featured on it. She says it's "f**king good."

See what's being said below, then let us know what you think in the comments.

lady-gaga-brooke-candy-grimes.jpg

lady-gaga-brooke-candy-grimes2.jpg

• Like 2

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well... When I saw the teasers my first thought was "this is giving me Grimes vibes", and I don't even follow Grimes whatsoever. 

Am I the only that’s disappointed she really did meant to release stupid love as a lead single? It’s underwhelming, I like it as maybe an album track but it’s so forgettable. 

Posted Images

According to one of your readers, what difference does it make since Gaga is an A list artist and will reach a broader global audience and Grimes is just a D list artist. Well, honey, thank god for all these D list artists giving your A list one a helping hand. Fans really will eat up anything she does and ignore the facts. Sound familiar?? 

• Like 2
  • Community Super Mods

Am I the only that’s disappointed she really did meant to release stupid love as a lead single? It’s underwhelming, I like it as maybe an album track but it’s so forgettable. 

• Like 3
  • Community Leader
5 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Well... When I saw the teasers my first thought was "this is giving me Grimes vibes", and I don't even follow Grimes whatsoever. :byesmoke:

Time for you to get familiar!

Start here:

https://open.spotify.com/album/5hB4jVN4ZHpubyiMmW81K1?si=OhWXCm1QQsKdbrpRnRsBtw

• Like 2

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

Not that it wasn’t hard before, but to be a popstar these days has got to be one of the most stress inducing, anxiety provoking jobs in the world. Holy crap, the fear of judgement alone would tear me apart. These people all need to hire consultants who’s job it is to make sure none of their material resembles anything anyone has ever done before.

:airpls:

I like to song, hoping it’ll grow on me with a couple more listens. Don’t think it’s one of those videos I’ll be watching over and over again, but nice job GAGA! I love the pink hair on her. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I’m not loving the song either. 

• Community Super Mods
2 minutes ago, CrAzAY said:

I’m not loving the song either. 

Yeah very disappointing, I love Gaga too and expected more especially from a lead single after a long time away from the music scene.