“Stronger” 19th anniversary

StrongerUBSingle_28629.jpg

“Stronger” is a song recorded by Britney Spears for her second studio album, “Oops!... I Did It Again”. She recorded her vocals for the song in November 1999 at Cheiron Studios in Stockholm, Sweden. It was released on November 13, 2000. 

The song achieved commercial success worldwide, reaching the top five in Austria, Germany and Sweden, while reaching the top ten in Finland, Ireland, Switzerland and United Kingdom. "Stronger" peaked at number eleven in the United States' Billboard Hot 100, and was later certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), for selling over 500,000 units of the single.

031~77.jpg

The music video for the song was directed by Joseph Kahn, who revealed that the concept for the music video was created by Britney herself, by saying “I would like to dance in a chair and drive in a car and break up with boyfriend. Those are your three elements.”

The music video received a nomination on the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards for Best Pop Video.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Super Moderators

Back in the day, my siblings and I were too young to know about the news of which single was gonna be released or what, so everything was a surprise. We normally didn't get to know a song was released as a single until there was a music video on MTV. 

We got the OIDIA album after OIDIA and Lucky had been released, so we didn't know which video was gonna be next. We thought it would be DLMBTLTK or What U See. But when Stronger video came out, it was like WHOAH.

I remember the day it premiered on MTV (Latin America) I wasn't watching tv with my siblings, because I was upset because my mom had scolded me about something. My siblings were calling me to the living room because they had announced a new Britney video, and I was like "yeah, sure" and they were like, really, hurry up, and I went all ready to yell at them to leave me alone, and there it was, the Stronger video on the tv screen, and everything was just happiness and excitement. 

Oops is my favorite video ever, but Stronger is a close second. Strongerney is to this day my ideal of beauty, that's like the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. And the whole video was just so cool and interesting and fresh. 

I'm so old :kyliecry:

I have to mention they used to make a new year's special with the Top 100 videos of the year. Stronger managed to land on the 2000's countdown, at a lower position (Oops was #1) but it re-appeared in 2001, at #1 ! It was just THAT good. 

• Like 2

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

• Deactivated
1 hour ago, umr3000 said:

Visually “Stronger” was a departure for Britney - and the start of a more grown up look and vibe. 

yup! I remember the teasers on TRL

6uSR.gif

and they were like "that's a new Britney! :awyeah:"

• Like 1