Jump to content

Metro says break 'coúld last 10 years'!!


Recommended Posts

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/08/britney-spears-music-break-last-10-years-uses-life-transition-focus-mental-health-10881747/ 

Quote

e’s been speaking to a new lawyer who advised that it will take up to 10 years to fully regain control. So, Britney made a conscious decision to give up her career while she fights.

 

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/08/britney-spears-music-break-last-10-years-uses-life-transition-focus-mental-health-10881747/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Surely that cant be right, how can it take 10 whole years?? there would be no point even coming back in 2029 as she would have lost all her fanbase by then

 

really hope this isn't true :crying1:

  • Like 3
Link to post
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If this is true and it's her own decision, I'm ok with that.

This is very sad if it's true, the 10 years claim seems too long to be true, however, we have to think about how long the Conservatorship has been in action, surely due to the support behind it and th

I doubt it will be 10 years before she works in some way, but maybe it could be 5-10 years before she is out of c-ship. I’ve said it all along I dont see it ending until the boys are 18. That’s the ma

Just now, Thecodeman25 said:

I doubt it will be 10 years before she works in some way, but maybe it could be 5-10 years before she is out of c-ship. I’ve said it all along I dont see it ending until the boys are 18. That’s the main thing they can hold over her head.

I think you're definitely right, in that voicemail from 2008, she was threatened by Jamie that her kids would be taken away. 

  • Like 1
Link to post

Happy for her if it’s what she wants to do.  It’s sad though, because If she is really still into her career (as the rumor about Domination’s cancellation claimed she was), ten years is taking a lot away from her artistry and her ability to do what she loves just to get back what was literally stolen from her...she’s only going to continue to age and when she does get back to it, we all know this crazy *** fan base will expected Primeney, and that’s just out of the question at that age.

  • Like 4
Link to post
11 minutes ago, 3isacharm said:

They know if they rush things or push her to do an album or show, it could backfire, they will not want to do promo for fear of her speaking up or reporters asking about the c-ship or fans protesting/causing scenes during the show. 

They'll probably do like Taylor did in her Reputation era, no interviews at all, some appearances at awards shows (pre-recorded as they love that) and that's it. The only thing they won't get away is the fact that fans will attack with #FreeBritney in everything they can, but I think they'll find a way to deal with that.

 

I hope our girl does whatever works for her, and whatever happens, it's under her consent.

  • Like 2
Link to post
  • Twitter Team

It wasn't Metro per se who said this first, a source told Heat Magazine this (out of all mags :mcorangu:) and they're just reporting it back.

But yeah, while I agree that Britney has taken a break away from performing, I don't think it will take that long. 

 

  • Like 7
Link to post

While I understand that 10 years sounds like a ridiculously long time, I'd disagree with the fact that she'd lose her entire fanbase. I mean, Cher "ended" her career in 2005 with the finish of her Living Proof: The Farewell Tour and didn't release anything for a long, LONG time, but 12 years later, she returned to pop music with a bang ("Woman's World" and Closer To The Truth). Over these 12 years, Cher hasn't lost her fanbase, it's still there. People still go to her tours, buy her albums and she keeps making music.

Britney, in a similar fashion to Cher, is a pop culture and pop music legend (albeit Cher has been around for much longer), so I don't see how Brit could lose her entire fanbase in 10 years. :mhmnod:

Personally, it would be very hard for me and others to accept the fact that Britney would take such a long hiatus (in a purely theoretical, not based in reality situation), but if she made a comeback with a good album 10 years later, I'd be up for that. In those 10 years, she could also work on her stage confidence and get help when it comes to her health issues. :mhmnod:

  • Like 6
Link to post
28 minutes ago, G-unit said:

Happy for her if it’s what she wants to do.  It’s sad though, because If she is really still into her career (as the rumor about Domination’s cancellation claimed she was), ten years is taking a lot away from her artistry and her ability to do what she loves just to get back what was literally stolen from her...she’s only going to continue to age and when she does get back to it, we all know this crazy *** fan base will expected Primeney, and that’s just out of the question at that age.

That's my worry with if she did take 10 years off. in 10 years, she'll be 48 which I know isn't 'old' nowadays but the type of songs she sings and performances she does, I cant imagine her doing when shes nearing 50s. and I do think she would lose all her fanbase because by that point we'll all be 40s, 50s [well not me ill only be 38 lol] . 

I really hope this isn't true. tbh if she is planning to take that long, she may as well announce her retirement and do a Goodbye greatest hits album and then say that's it. there no point coming back after 10 years. Christina took long breaks over 5 years between albums and her albums now totally bomb.

  • Like 3
Link to post
14 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

While I understand that 10 years sounds like a ridiculously long time, I'd disagree with the fact that she'd lose her entire fanbase. I mean, Cher "ended" her career in 2005 with the finish of her Living Proof: The Farewell Tour and didn't release anything for a long, LONG time, but 12 years later, she returned to pop music with a bang ("Woman's World" and Closer To The Truth). Over these 12 years, Cher hasn't lost her fanbase, it's still there. People still go to her tours, buy her albums and she keeps making music.

Britney, in a similar fashion to Cher, is a pop culture and pop music legend (albeit Cher has been around for much longer), so I don't see how Brit could lose her entire fanbase in 10 years. :mhmnod:

Personally, it would be very hard for me and others to accept the fact that Britney would take such a long hiatus (in a purely theoretical, not based in reality situation), but if she made a comeback with a good album 10 years later, I'd be up for that. In those 10 years, she could also work on her stage confidence and get help when it comes to her health issues. :mhmnod:

yeh but Cher is very different. im not knocking Britney but when Cher 'ended' her career in 2005, she did 40 years in the business and she was still selling millions of albums worldwide. and also over the 12 years, she was still in the public eye doing interviews, acting, she was on the Burlesque soundtrack. so she didn't completely retire 

  • Like 5
Link to post
15 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

While I understand that 10 years sounds like a ridiculously long time, I'd disagree with the fact that she'd lose her entire fanbase. I mean, Cher "ended" her career in 2005 with the finish of her Living Proof: The Farewell Tour and didn't release anything for a long, LONG time, but 12 years later, she returned to pop music with a bang ("Woman's World" and Closer To The Truth). Over these 12 years, Cher hasn't lost her fanbase, it's still there. People still go to her tours, buy her albums and she keeps making music.

Britney, in a similar fashion to Cher, is a pop culture and pop music legend (albeit Cher has been around for much longer), so I don't see how Brit could lose her entire fanbase in 10 years. :mhmnod:

Personally, it would be very hard for me and others to accept the fact that Britney would take such a long hiatus (in a purely theoretical, not based in reality situation), but if she made a comeback with a good album 10 years later, I'd be up for that. In those 10 years, she could also work on her stage confidence and get help when it comes to her health issues. :mhmnod:

But Cher kept feeding her fanbase after her farewell tour ended in 2005 with her Vegas residency in 2008 until 2011. Then Dressed to kill tour in 2014 and the current Classic Cher/Here we go again tour. Cher never took a break like this though.... :whatitellu:

Cher realized she had become an icon and releasing new albums would not make a difference but this article says Britney may have a 10-year break, it's a complete different story :notatall:

  • Like 4
Link to post
1 minute ago, pablitonizer said:

But Cher kept feeding her fanbase after her farewell tour ended in 2005 with her Vegas residency in 2008 until 2011. Then Dressed to kill tour in 2014 and the current Classic Cher/Here we go again tour. Cher never took a break like this though.... :whatitellu:

Cher realized she had become an icon and releasing new albums would not make a difference but this article says Britney may have a 10-year break, it's a complete different story :notatall:

yeh I was going to add about her vegas show as I forgot until after I posted.  

Link to post

Bro, this is exactly what that one tarot reader predicted!!! 
 

 

So, Britney made a conscious decision to give up her career while she fights“ 

she’s not going to lift a finger until they end the conservatorship. The end is coming and I see the light, she is just going to have to pay a few people off, unfortunately.  
 

i still can’t wait to see who these three iconic female singers are he said would be helping her. 

  • Like 4
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block