Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ava Max Taps K-Pop Phenom NCT 127 For Remix Of "So Am I": Listen

ava-max-nct127-so-am-i.jpg

K-POP GROUP NCT 127 BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO AVA MAX’S LATEST HIT, “SO AM I.”

Ava Max has one of the most successful performing pop songs from an up and comer with “Sweet But Psycho,” and she captured that magic in a bottle with her followup, “So Am I.” 

The track has already amassed hundreds of millions of plays on the Internet, but the singer won’t be satisfied until she becomes a household name. Helping her with that initiative is NCT 127. The K-Pop group jumped on a remix of the track, and it’s anthemic. 

The remix features lyrics in both English and Korean. Members Mark and Taeyong rap over the pounding production and Jaehyun harmonizes with Miss Max. The song is about embracing your uniqueness and resisting conforming cause society expects you to. We love an empowering queen. 

You may recall NCT 127 also collaborated with Marteen on “What We Talkin’ About.” 

Listen below:

https://youtu.be/IFvQsWT9gYM

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

the chorus really reminds of another song but I can't put my finger on it (first few seconds but then the melody goes elsewhere and throws me off completely).. this is triggering me so hard, I want to figure it out but I can't.. :crying3: anyway, I'm not really here for K-Pop crossovers, they seem kinda desperate and opportunistic, however, this "Close to Me" remix featuring Red Velvet was flawless and made the song even better than it already was:

one of the most played songs in my library.. :makeitrain:

💃🏻 stan of all flop pop girlies 💃🏻

3 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

the chorus really reminds of another song but I can't put my finger on it (first few seconds but then the melody goes elsewhere and throws me off completely).. this is triggering me so hard, I want to figure it out but I can't.. :crying3: anyway, I'm not really here for K-Pop crossovers, they seem kinda desperate and opportunistic, however, this "Close to Me" remix featuring Red Velvet was flawless and made the song even better than it already was:

Not familiar with NCT 127, but they ruined this song.

The Close To Me remix is amazing!!!

16 minutes ago, Invitation said:

Not familiar with NCT 127, but they ruined this song.

The Close To Me remix is amazing!!!

I don't really listen to a lot of boy groups in general but I've been avoiding NCT (127 is a subunit) on purpose just because there's too many members and the whole concept of "infinite members and infinite subunits" is just too much for me.. :idkney:

18 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I love this remix. Although I don't care for RV, this was amazing and deserved a music video :mhm:

Tbf most collaborations in music are opportunistic, not only when it's a western artist with a kpop group. For example none of Britney's collaborations sound genuine to me. It's all about reaching another audience that perhaps wouldn't normally listen to your music

8 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

I love this remix. Although I don't care for RV, this was amazing and deserved a music video :mhm:

Tbf most collaborations in music are opportunistic, not only when it's a western artist with a kpop group. For example none of Britney's collaborations sound genuine to me. It's all about reaching another audience that perhaps wouldn't normally listen to your music

what's even cooler is that two of the members wrote the Korean lyrics when typically they don't even write their own music meaning they went all out for this remix, sadly their company didn't promote it all, I mean, there's isn't even an "Official Audio" on YouTube.. :idkney:

but you're totally right though, I mean, literally every redundant rap feature in existence is relevant to your point.. idk, maybe my inner hipster is trying to protect the "sanctity" of K-Pop when in reality K-Pop is huge and I'm not that special or unique for liking it.. :howiroll:

3 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

what's even cooler is that two of the members wrote the Korean lyrics when typically they don't even write their own music meaning they went all out for this remix, sadly their company didn't promote it all, I mean, there's isn't even an "Official Audio" on YouTube.. :idkney:

but you're totally right though, I mean, literally every redundant rap feature in existence is relevant to your point.. idk, maybe my inner hipster is trying to protect the "sanctity" of K-Pop when in reality K-Pop is huge and I'm not that special or unique for liking it.. :howiroll:

For example that rap feature on Close to me, while we're on topic. I can't help but cringe everytime i hear the rap verse when the og song comes up on a playlist :cackling: