Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is Britney an artist?

this is just a reflection bc

i get this feeling that britney is a very bored person on her life (like she said a lot of times), if her kids are not around she basically has nothing to do unless go to her home gym to work out or freestyle those dance (spinning) moves to feed her Instagram or go get some Starbucks and a hamburger.

i get the feeling that britney is not really an artist anymore (we know that) but that should be changed (like if she still wanna be in the business) ... she's very dependent on her team, what her team brings to her like creative ideas or look at this song producer or whatever...  bc she has no freedom artistically, she's in that box forever her team/record label put her like this dance-pop barbie. imagine that right now she could just be experiment herself like writing or learning how to produce, or going out to some art museum or stuff to be inspired, or going to dance workshops and like designing her own show drawing or something, meeting creative young people, it seems that all that she does is to distract her and free her mind on her daily basis but in the end is not really that productive as an artist? this is just a random thought and just remember that like, when she was in control of blackout she was going out on clubs and hearing and seeing what was going on and she had a taste to bring it on her own, that's basically what I'm saying, i feel like it would be cute if she was like someone who studies a character to play it and had her own lab and not be censored. these days people know very clear what's real and what is business and what is a mix of that and what is just business. 

I think she is an artist but has been very uninspired the last decade. I think that her not getting out and doing stuff like normal people, not touring the way she used to (with crew interactions and friendships) and basically just being a mom with a cool job has made her very uninspired.

But if you look at her prime you can tell that she was an artist. She was very involved in her career from sound to look.

basically just being a mom with a cool job has made her very uninspired.

this. and it is worse since the c-ship, the bubble they made for her is uninspired and boring.

I mean, an artist is always hunger and does not tolerate boredom. 

she's shown a lot of glimpses of "Britney the artist" throughout the years but I still stand by the fact that Britney is one of the most (if not THE most) manufactured pop stars of all time, I mean, she's literally the poster child for manufactured pop stars and not just of this generation but of pop music history in general.. 

needless to say, Britney has potential but either she refuses to act on it or it's suppressed by the people around her.. probably a mixture of both but I'm leaning more towards the latter (at least when it comes to pre-breakdown Britney).. :mj:

• Dislike 1
  • Like 3

💃🏻 stan of all flop pop girlies 💃🏻

2 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

I think she is an artist but has been very uninspired the last decade. I think that her not getting out and doing stuff like normal people, not touring the way she used to (with crew interactions and friendships) and basically just being a mom with a cool job has made her very uninspired.

But if you look at her prime you can tell that she was an artist. She was very involved in her career from sound to look.

Glory says hi

1 hour ago, I Always Sing Live said:

she's shown a lot of glimpses of "Britney the artist" throughout the years but I still stand by the fact that Britney is one of the most (if not THE most) manufactured pop stars of all time, I mean, she's literally the poster child for manufactured pop stars and not just of this generation but of pop music history in general.. 

needless to say, Britney has potential but either she refuses to act on it or it's suppressed by the people around her.. probably a mixture of both but I'm leaning more towards the latter (at least when it comes to pre-breakdown Britney).. :mj:

Hilary Duff, the Jonas Bros, and Miley Cyrus all say hi.

Britney wasn’t running around with promise rings and acting like a little school girl. She was SERVING US LIFE.

Why on Earth are you people trying to take her art from her? You’re worse than Sam Lufti at this point wtf.

Yes, of course she is and that is where the "problem" is.

Any human being needs an outlet; a way to get out their anger, their feelings etc. For an artist, that outlet, by definition, is art. It's hard enough for an office worker to have restrictions when it comes to their freedom. But, I'm sure for an artist it's figurative death.

I'm sure Britney's primary instinct to let out her emotions would be to write them down or create music to express her emotions. However, her feelings are restricted from flowing freely. She is censored every way you look at it. They cut out interview parts, they refuse to release certain songs, hide them in a vault and instead have her create 'safe' music. So, she can't really use her music as an outlet much, unless it's extremely vague and surface level and could be interpreted in 20 different ways - so, her art is either safe, censored or vague 95% of the time. Sure, she could create music that would tell her truth - it's just that no one would hear the music/songs/poems created because they'd never get released.

That's why, I think, she uses the gym, working out and dancing as an outlet. As I said, everyone needs an outlet, and working out may be hers while her artistic truth is blurred by the people who have the power and an incentive (be that personal or financial) to do so. 

20 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Glory says hi

So 1 album that was inspired by Selena Gomez in 10 years. Awesome. :pieceofwhat:

Sidenote: I really like Glory. Its such a nice summer album.

Everybody in the industry is manufactured 

2 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

So 1 album that was inspired by Selena Gomez in 10 years. Awesome. :pieceofwhat:

Sidenote: I really like Glory. Its such a nice summer album.

Did Selena write or produce that album?

To be honest she might be manufactured but every singer signed to a major record label is manufactured to an extent. The only reason why some people act like Britney is the most manufactured pop star ever is because she has never gone out of her way to prove that she is a real artist and stuff like that. Other pop stars (Rihanna, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Xtina..) are just as manufactured as her if not more 

3 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Did Selena write or produce that album?

I dont know. I couldnt care less about her or her career.

Britney is more an artist now than she was in her prime. Artists aren't these perfect beings, they're misunderstood outsiders and see what we don't see. 

:leaving:

imagine releasing songs like touch of my hand and getting called not an artist

that song alone beats Selena Taylor’s just Bieber’s careers

21 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Everybody in the industry is manufactured 

not to the extent Britney was, there's plenty of people that are genuine artists and even when execs try to put them in a certain mold they make the best of it (for example Marina's "Electra Heart" album where she wrote her most manufactured and contemporary album to date as a character she made up).. just because everyone is manufactured to an extent, doesn't mean you can put someone like Britney on the same level as artists like Lorde, Marina, Lily Allen, Sara Bareilles, Lana Del Rey, Melanie Martinez, etc. :mj:

35 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

Hilary Duff, the Jonas Bros, and Miley Cyrus all say hi.

Britney wasn’t running around with promise rings and acting like a little school girl. She was SERVING US LIFE.

Why on Earth are you people trying to take her art from her? You’re worse than Sam Lufti at this point wtf.

she was serving us life with songs and concepts given to her.. the closest she's ever come to being an artist are the songs she's written + the artistic direction she went with for "Blackout" as an exec. producer.. serving life =/= being an artist.. :mj: her songwriters, producers and directors are the artists that shaped 80% of her career.. :unbothered: