Jump to content

Imagine this woman instead of Madonna on MATM


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine a world if Janet Jackson was on Me Against The Music instead of Madonna. How ****ing legendary that would be, and if they performed the song OMFG, I would've died for this cause of their stage

It did flop. A Janet and Britney performance of MATM would've been epic. Imagine the same AMA Awards performance of MATM with a Britney and Janet dance off. I think that would have sparked a lot

It would have flopped hard

4 minutes ago, @britneys.glory said:

Imagine a world if Janet Jackson was on Me Against The Music instead of Madonna. How f**king legendary that would be, and if they performed the song OMFG, I would've died for this cause of their stage presence and incredible dance abilities. Plus Janet would've fit the song better:crying1:

We all know Larry was being the fake Madonna alliance.

We've never even heard the name Janet ever come out of his mouth.

I'd still say though her overall career/brand was inspired by both.

  • Love 1
  • Like 3
Link to post
3 hours ago, WhatYouNeed said:

The way knee copiedT :urite:

  Reveal hidden contents

Show me what you do, make me move
Baby make me...

 

If you feel like I feel you can get it tonight
But first you gotta make me say...
Ooooooh...Make me (make me), baby, make me say
Ooooooh...Make me (make me), baby

Imagen relacionada

 

 

giphy.gif

Is this real?

giphy.gif

omg

  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
8 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

It did flop. :demi:

A Janet and Britney performance of MATM would've been epic. Imagine the same AMA Awards performance of MATM with a Britney and Janet dance off. I think that would have sparked a lot of interest in the song and it would definitely be considered more of a legendary collaboration than what it is today.

Ahhh. The topic of “coulda, shoulda, woulda” a Britney fan favourite :jj::crying2:

  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Like 5
Link to post
16 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

It did flop. :demi:

A Janet and Britney performance of MATM would've been epic. Imagine the same AMA Awards performance of MATM with a Britney and Janet dance off. I think that would have sparked a lot of interest in the song and it would definitely be considered more of a legendary collaboration than what it is today.

It was #1 worldwide. It didn’t flop.

  • Love 3
Link to post
50 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

It did flop. :demi:

A Janet and Britney performance of MATM would've been epic. Imagine the same AMA Awards performance of MATM with a Britney and Janet dance off. I think that would have sparked a lot of interest in the song and it would definitely be considered more of a legendary collaboration than what it is today.

I was going to write "would have flopped harder" but it did well outside the US. 

Link to post
10 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

Janet was not irrelevant in 2003. She was still preparing to release a follow up to her very successful album "All 4 You" which released in 2001.

MATM was a #1 worldwide hit but it flopped in America. Where I'm from, it flopped. And in international retrospect, it failed to have the cultural impact of Britneys previous first singles from an album.

Damita Jo flopped in 2004, but ,before that, Janet was on a highwave.

Janet was irrelevant in 2003.

She would have done absolutely nothing to make MATM better sounding or perform better on the charts lol.

MATM is my least favorite lead single so it’s not worth arguing about.

  • Like 1
Link to post
5 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I've never really had an opinion on Janet so I can't comment.. the only song of hers that I can remember being relevant is "Feedback".. quite enjoyed that one as an 8 year old.. :unbothered:

Lol thats her least known single... 

I guess you're too young to know her old and quallity music? 

Link to post
  • Exhale+
31 minutes ago, brintyjoan said:

Lol thats her least known single... 

I guess you're too young to know her old and quallity music? 

I'm almost 20 so yes, for the most part, I definitely was too young if her prime was in the 90s or something.. :unbothered: my era of pop stars started with the mid to late 00s and it seems like "Feedback" was Janet's biggest hit of that time so you can't really blame me.. :gloss:

🤡 a full-time clown 🤡

Link to post
15 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I'm almost 20 so yes, for the most part, I definitely was too young if her prime was in the 90s or something.. :unbothered: my era of pop stars started with the mid to late 00s and it seems like "Feedback" was Janet's biggest hit of that time so you can't really blame me.. :gloss:

I dont blame you, its not your fault you grew up with Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande:jj:

  • Haha 4
  • Like 3
Link to post
38 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

Janet was not irrelevant in 2003. She was still preparing to release a follow up to her very successful album "All 4 You" which released in 2001.

MATM was a #1 worldwide hit but it flopped in America. Where I'm from, it flopped. And in international retrospect, it failed to have the cultural impact of Britneys previous first singles from an album.

Damita Jo flopped in 2004, but ,before that, Janet was on a highwave.

20 minutes ago, Avatar said:

People in here are really acting like Madonna made the song a hit. :yesokay:

If anything Madonna hurt MATMs radio play. The fans saved the song because of its single cd that had all the remixes on it in stores. Giving it a billboard award the following year. They should have did the same with Toxic, because streaming killed Toxics chart position. 

I'll just add, however, if there was actually radio ban that continued till fall of 2003, then it probably was a good thing Toxic wasn't the lead single.

But the Madonna thing was simply used for publicity to generate attention; nothing more.

 

  • Dislike 1
  • Like 4
Link to post
1 minute ago, zxcvb said:

I'll just add, however, if there was actually radio ban that continued till fall of 2003, then it probably was a good thing Toxic wasn't the lead single.

But the Madonna thing was simply used for publicity to generate attention; nothing more.

 

That is true. The Clear Channel ban ended in 2003, but it took radio stations years before they began regually playing Britney's music again. The reason Toxic and 'Everytime' got airplay in 2004 was because the major stations in urban cities were first to respond to the lift. But radio stations in small cities and towns did not regularly add Britney's new music to their rotations.  Because of this Britney ballads and midtempo songs are rarely ever given play on contemporary stations.

Britney was banned from radio during her prime and it had a huge impact on her career. It still does. Though Britney has had some #1 singles this decade, that is the result of Billboard incorporating digital streams and sales to the Hot 100 calculations, not Britney receiving a lot of radio play.

  • Like 2
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block