Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Britney Covers Otis Redding’s “I’ve Been Loving You Too Long”

Lol just had a heated exchange w my brother so I listened to this cover to hopefully improve my mood... Didn't help. It's really messy and unsettling to listen to.

• Dislike 1
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 10:24 PM, Jordan Miller said:

In her 2006 cover story with People magazine, Britney opened up about experimenting with her sound in her home studio.

“I’ll get on the piano and just play whatever feels good,” she said at the time. “When I was little, I would listen to myself, but the record label signs you, and you’re just thankful to get a hit song. You can’t really show off your voice and where you came from.”

She added: “I used to listen to blues music and all that stuff. I would like to try to have more influences of that sound. Not that I’m going to be like frickin’ Tina Turner. But you never know.”britney-otis-redding.jpg

:crying1::sobbing:

Let her do what she wants to do! :crying2:

It's 2020 and I'm still waiting for that acoustic show with 100% live vocals :crying3:

I wish they gave her freedom to explore her artistry. It may not be as successfull as her other hits but she would opened up as an artist for GP from the different side and that would make her even more iconic. Also doing things she wanted and freedom could help go through her break up and other stress she was under in 2007. 

People always seem to not want to give her the props she deserves. Mostly because they couldn't handle how beautiful, humble and with such good manners. Same goes for VMAs. How come Oops, Lucky or so many other amazing videos never got that validation? They think she is too good to be true and then take her for a phony. But she is the realest.

Another problem was the greedy *** managers around her, people saw that and would also weight on the whole opinion that she was not a real artist. Britney is not the type who will want to make sure everyone sees it's her ideas. Like Lady Gaga and Beyonce always make sure of that.

Just now, SharedObscenities said:

People always seem to not want to give her the props she deserves. Mostly because they couldn't handle how beautiful, humble and with such good manners. Same goes for VMAs. How come Oops, Lucky or so many other amazing videos never got that validation? They think she is too good to be true and then take her for a phony. But she is the realest.

Another problem was the greedy *** managers around her, people saw that and would also weight on the whole opinion that she was not a real artist. Britney is not the type who will want to make sure everyone sees it's her ideas. Like Lady Gaga and Beyonce always make sure of that.

this was supposed to be on another topic that asked why some of her songs that are great didn't enter the hot 100. Posting that now.

On 3/24/2019 at 10:52 PM, BritneyBliss said:

Omfg I need this in full 

For the picture on the video, it is actually 2:!7 long the song.

I love her vocals in this... unfortunately, she doesn’t sound like this anymore... I’m sure from her years of chain smoking. Her voice is way more nasally now. I would love for a more raw unfiltered Britney album though. A personal album that’s not the typical *** pop album you’d expect from her.