Jump to content

Daily reminder that Britney Spears ******* did THAT


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From the moment she arrived, a 19-year-old pop princess superstar was about to graduate to pop queen megastardom and a legend was born. Nobody else even mattered that night. And now, 17 years later — 

You can log out now, Beyoncé's Zumba Fitness will never come close to Britney's raw performance abilities.

all bias aside and no offense to Bey, she’s a legend and all, but not very many outside the beyhive / her fanbase can recall her 2016 vma performance and it most definitely doesn’t top Britney’s snake

53 minutes ago, rawbrit said:

giphy.gif

Queen of that

 

52 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

No one has really even come close. Maybe Gaga but only because she’s so over the top theatrical and stuff.  :cutebrit:

 

50 minutes ago, Mariahkween said:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "mariah carey clap gif"

 

50 minutes ago, BritBreakitDown20 said:

iconic performance tbh

giphy.gif

and slay at queen Mariah clapping for her and giving her a standing ovation in this gif

giphy.gif

when will your faves

giphy.gif

 

we saw a legend unfold as she came to serve like NOBODY else’s business

40cd1fbbf1600e6d0739fbb85aecd961.jpg

 

legendary songbird supreme, mariah approves

giphy.gif

like that

giphy.gif

  • Like 7
Link to post

Shes a f**king legend but (and yall gunna drag me) beyonce's put vma  performance in 2016  tops this spectacle. Bey dont dance like britney though. Slave choreo, janet the way love goes/if choreo and Paula straight up/cold hearted snake/forever you girl my top 3 favorite vma choreos or all time

 Janet at 2:45 GURLLL you see why shes Brits inspiration

 

  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to post
Just now, ralphcornio said:

You can log out now, Beyoncé's Zumba Fitness will never come close to Britney's raw performance abilities.

I guess you cant read? Did I not say Bey does not dance like britney? And you're f**king delusional if you dont think beyonce has become a legend in her own right. 

  • Dislike 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Super Moderators

No one can do it effortlessly like her. While other ******* have in their mind that what they will be doing is greatness, Britney struts around thinking this is just every day for me. Hopefully I’m making sense but what I appreciate is she just goes out and tries to be the best she can be just like the old school rockstar legends that just worry about coming out and rocking to their best of their ability. I mean it still bugs me when Miley was describing her VMA performance that she wanted it to be big and iconic so it would be cemented in VMA history and that’s what a lot of popstars think while I’m sure Britney was like “oh I just think it would be cool and faded to have a snake.”

  • Like 8
Link to post
14 minutes ago, Jackcount said:

I guess you cant read? Did I not say Bey does not dance like britney? And you're f**king delusional if you dont think beyonce has become a legend in her own right. 

She has not. Both Taylor Swift and her 'legend status' come from the same point:they were lucky that the industry caressed true legends (like Primeney and MJ) so it made up their status. But unlike Britney or Michael Jackson, or Madonna, they never did something game-changing (in fact, i'd say they don't even try), and thus their success and impact is extremely overrated.

Edit: It's VERY IMPORTANT, however, to say they're both hard working and there's nothing wrong with them. It's the excessive *** licking around those two (by the fans and the media) that is unfair and unjustified.

  • Like 8
Link to post
11 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

all bias aside and no offense to Bey, she’s a legend and all, but not very many outside the beyhive / her fanbase can recall her 2016 vma performance and it most definitely doesn’t top Britney’s snake performance, no matter how much you try to rewrite it. That’s not to say Britney’s 2016 vma performance was any more remembered cause it wasn’t.

Beyoncé is a great performer and can obviously outdance current Britney, don’t get me wrong, but she’s been pulling the same schtick for the past 4-5 years. Bey’s most iconic performances, and she’s had plenty, don’t even have the lasting power than say, Britney’s vma 01 or even her 03 performance. even Britney’s infamously disastrous 2007 performance was more ingrained in popular culture and was more spoken about than any Bey performance the same way Janet’s 2004 performance was more talked about than any Britney or Bey performance.  

BAE7-F79-D-ADFB-4524-98-F0-04-BABF1330-B

I get this. Just to play devils advocate and offer another fact billboard top 100 award show performances has beyonce vma 2016 as #1 and oops at #14. So the list ain't that accurate but it does show that beyonce made an impact. Having said that, there really is not a more iconic image of the vmas than britney with the snake . So I can see why you say that britney's performance is more memorable.

  https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/7677099/best-award-show-performances-of-all-time

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Jackcount said:

I get this. Just to play devils advocate and offer another fact billboard top 100 award show performances has beyonce vma 2016 as #1 and oops at #14. So the list ain't that accurate but it does show that beyonce made an impact. Having said that, there really is not a more iconic image of the vmas than britney with the snake . So I can see why you say that britney's performance is more memorable.

  https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/7677099/best-award-show-performances-of-all-time

I’m glad you’re aware and like you suggested, the opinion of a journalist is just an opinion. both artists have made their mark on the industry and remain two of the biggest female artists this century. no need to compare apples to oranges.

  • Like 2
Link to post
5 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

No one can do it effortlessly like her. While other ******* have in their mind that what they will be doing is greatness, Britney struts around thinking this is just every day for me. Hopefully I’m making sense but what I appreciate is she just goes out and tries to be the best she can be just like the old school rockstar legends that just worry about coming out and rocking to their best of their ability. I mean it still bugs me when Miley was describing her VMA performance that she wanted it to be big and iconic so it would be cemented in VMA history and that’s what a lot of popstars think while I’m sure Britney was like “oh I just think it would be cool and faded to have a snake.”

And Miley mentioned Britney a couple of times when she was talking about her VMAs, that she wanted smt iconic like Britney did or smt along those lines, I can't remember exactly. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Super Moderators
2 hours ago, Bundy said:

And Miley mentioned Britney a couple of times when she was talking about her VMAs, that she wanted smt iconic like Britney did or smt along those lines, I can't remember exactly. 

Yeah I was thinking of that moment, there’s nothing wrong with wanting a good epic performance but she was saying things like “I want people to remember the performance years later.” “I want what Britney did, be iconic and memorable. It needs to be big and epic” while people are saying that she’s stanning Britney so hard, I took it as she wanted to just wants what Britney had the attention and recognition. Doesn’t matter if it’s Britney or Beyoncé

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block