Okay guys, I was wondering about the "When Your Eyes Say It" Music Video that was going around. So here's the thing: We know that there was a video shot by Jonathan Dayton and Valeria Faris for "When Your Eyes Say It", but I was wondering: Could that not be referring to this video? 

Seeing as this is the only song they showed her "recording in the studio" and that they should maybe have had copyright for the video footage. So like similarly that a "song" called "It's Britney Spears Baby" was also registered to ASCAP or BMI, while in fact that is referring to the 1999 "...Baby One More Time" VMAs beat that she also used on tour for her performances of "(You Drive Me) Crazy" or that she has "Now and Then" registered on ASCAP as well.

Just curious if anyone would know anything about this.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WilderWein said:

Felicia apparently said no music video was ever shot for it

Yeah so I was thinking that maybe this is why it was still reported to have been shot by Jonathan Dayton and Valeria Faris, because there never was a Music Video for it, but they did shoot footage with the recording of the song and had to get rights for it or something?

• Like 1
  • Super Moderators
1 hour ago, WilderWein said:

Felicia apparently said no music video was ever shot for it

yeah, she answered to me on Facebook, there was never a music video shot for that song tumblr_m7h3k1cQF41r4wyx0o9_r2_250.gif

some people say she might have lied though :raven: but I wonder, why would she even bother to reply to me, among all the people that must send messages to her, only to tell me lies. She wouldn't have answered at all instead.

• Like 2

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

• Twitter Team

Maybe, who knows. The song I think was still planned as a single though (and maybe this footage of Britney recording the song was planned as the video?) There's a really rare promo CD for it that was issued to UK radio stations in early 2001.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, BKSTYL3 said:

you probably right maybe they just shot the BTS footage...this footage was used on MTV and the McDonalds promo

I definitely went straight to McDonald's as a kid to get that VHS the moment I heard about it.

14 hours ago, BabyGirl | AALIYAH said:

Yeah so I was thinking that maybe this is why it was still reported to have been shot by Jonathan Dayton and Valeria Faris, because there never was a Music Video for it, but they did shoot footage with the recording of the song and had to get rights for it or something?

Great avatar! :) Loves me some Aaliyah.  "I Need a Resolution," and pretty much that whole album is fantastic.