Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Why hasn't Britney been nominated for an AMA since 2001!!!?

Just now, Goku said:

Womanizer for Best Dance Recording category but Poker Face won. :nervousney:

I mean, tbh I can't argue with that.  Poker Face was a damn good record (don't drag me Exhale)!

Just now, Goku said:

Poker Face created millions of new gays and snatched so many wigs, it's what she deserves :tbh:

Dance in the Dark was nominated and not Bad Romance, the audacity!! :nyschool:

See that's typical of Grammy's missing the mark like that.  Wow.

Idk, Womanizer was always something different for me, very original because of that chord progression (I study at Academy of music so I hear very well these things), playing with motives and themes during the song and sound in general, those are reasons why it fascinated me so much that night at the club when I heard it and searched fot it later on youtube. 

But that chord progression is almost the same as in Toxic, so maybe that's the reason it wasn't a winner. 

38 minutes ago, Goku said:

Womanizer issa Bop but at the end of the day the obvious autotune, nasal vocals and heavy layering did not deserve a grammy. :britannoyed:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Khoazie said:

Seriously, is it because she's from Kentwood?  Idk...

I think it's bc out of her generation she's more of a "puppet" where she doesn't write a lot of her songs or sing live and all that. However, most pop girls are like that now aren't they? And they still get nominated.

1 minute ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I think it's bc out of her generation she's more of a "puppet" where she doesn't write a lot of her songs or sing live and all that. However, most pop girls are like that now aren't they? And they still get nominated.

True, but pop singers/non-writers have been happening since Elvis...

11 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Seriously,Beyonce writes her songs,Rihanna,Ariana,Camila etc?, please let's be coherent.

12 hours ago, Khoazie said:

True, but pop singers/non-writers have been happening since Elvis...

Yeah and I def know that but I'm saying maybe people snub her so much bc she was so obvious about it. Singing other people's songs and lipping. A lot of her peers were not doing that.

do the AMAs have a lifetime achievement award?

maybe they can give that to Britney for snubbing her for 17 years

On 9/18/2018 at 9:12 PM, Goku said:

Womanizer issa Bop but at the end of the day the obvious autotune, nasal vocals and heavy layering did not deserve a grammy. :britannoyed:

Didn't even hear of Grammy's best voice or best untoutched vocals on a pop track

On 9/18/2018 at 2:12 PM, Goku said:

And then you go ahead and say nonsensical **** like that with what is currently the most epic **** anime out there as your profile pic. :beylaugh:

Everything that comes out of your computer is toxic as **** and unfortunately makes its way to exhale. 

Like sis, don't you get tired of your cynic *** getting dragged, downvoted, shaded, and thrown around like a rag doll on Exhale on the daily.

God help these mad locas from exhale. Pure entertainment.  :beylaugh:

Because since oops britney has been successful however not in the top 3 most played on radio/bought albums of the years since 2001 :heresthetea:

Who cares tho? American Music Awards is both the cheapest and also the least interesting among Award Shows. No one really cares about it :tiffcackle:

5 hours ago, Goku said:

Cher won a Grammy for Believe, she used the autotune for fun, not to hide her cracked voice :britannoyed:

I mean, it's so obvious on the bridge of Womanizer, they literally distorted her off-key voice :umwtf:

You think she deserved a grammy? Toxic outsold and outgrammy :bop:

Sorry, you are speculating, you did not hear the final untoutched version of any Britney song. And grammys are not about vocals.

And how do you know Cher used autotune for fun, because you said so ? Convincing !!!

Seriously?! 17 years??? What a joke. Tbh the Amas are a mess anyway, the categories are awful and need shaking up. How can they justify Drake being nominated in Best Pop/Rock male? And Eminem got nothing either so... 

On 9/18/2018 at 8:33 AM, BKSTYL3 said:

She gave us these

and they paid her dust:tiffanycries:

Britney even gave a full live vocal at the AMA's of "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman".

17 hours ago, vinay said:

do the AMAs have a lifetime achievement award?

maybe they can give that to Britney for snubbing her for 17 years

They have an Icon award and in 2013 Rihanna was the first winner of the award.

rihanna-performs-diamonds-wins-icon-awar

I'm shocked Britney hasn't got the well earned honor, especially this year when the tour is now over and schedule wise she would be able to attend.

Producer Larry Klein explained that the "Icon Award was created to honor an artist whose body of work has made a profound influence over pop music on a global level"

Whose more global than Britney Spears when it comes to 20 years of hit songs, hit albums and a global Icon.