MTV VMAs 2000 Performance Comes of Age!

• Deactivated
4 hours ago, ifuseekamy_ said:

IMO this performance was and will always be Britney’s most memorable and iconic performance to me, THE one that made her transition from INNOCENTNEY into VMANEY the legend. Not only did it have a HUGE impact on her career, but also on the future of the VMAs.

again I use this gif

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i swear to god i dont care what ANYONE says this is literally her best performance of all time. everyone always brings up the 2001 vma's but for me this one always topped it.  i dont know what it is. 

I watched this as it happened.  It took a good hour or so to pick my jaw up off the floor.  Phucking phenomenal, and hands down better than 2001 VMA.

The look you give when you know you just slayed and snatched everyone's wigs out

7 hours ago, ifuseekamy_ said:

the 2000 VMAs paved the way for those to follow and she really had to do things that were so over the top because this was a really hard act to follow. 

???? Ugh your entire post is just great. Thank you!

On 8/25/2018 at 9:48 AM, portrait said:

I think it's really difficult to compare them, because they're so different from each other. both performances are on such high levels , for me it's still incomprehensible how a very young woman could appear with this attitude and sexiness 

Agreed! 2001 VMA for me was when she fully came into that classic **** Britney and owned it. Polished. Sleek. Ugh!

VMA 2000 was just so impactful for its time. Such an exciting time.

4 minutes ago, Irvine said:

do we have this performance in real HD?

I need it so badly! My friend played it at his house party last night, and the low quality is horrible on the big screen :tiffanycries:

4 hours ago, Captain Marvel said:

Even during rehearsal she looked fierce. :crying4:

I really liked the change in the final performance, she was much closer to the front for the final dance break.  It worked so much better in the middle of the pit audience instead.  

Somewhere in MTV land, this complete rehearsal footage exists :yesplease:

On 8/23/2018 at 12:29 AM, Khoazie said:

Best reveal ever! For me it was the moment Britney became a true queen! I made sure to record it on VHS so I could obsessively rewatch afterwards!

Yes!!! I was a sophomore in high school. I remember recording this on VHS so I could re live the greatness! I believe I still have the VHS.

I remember jumping up and down when she came on and watched in amazement!! My mom watched it with me and was like OMG.. 

Britney went from..:cutebrit: to..:tomh: Iconic. I agree better than 2001 vmas. I also remember e-mailing the designer of her outfit  and asking if he could make me one... LOL how naive I was bahahahah :watrusayin: They said no of course only 1 made was for Britney.

• Like 4

I. CON. IC. This still blows me away.  I was 10, almost 11 when this aired and I remember my little mind being so shocked, I think I actually had a moment where I was like "Britney, noooo!" haha, I couldn't wrap my head around the literal stripping of her innocence on live TV but now? I'm here for it! I had the same reaction when my dad's Rolling Stone came in the year before and my mom got it out of the mailbox and her jaw dropped open and she said "Well, here's your new idol...:jj:......." lmaoooo.

Her energy, precision, even the way she walked--she was on fire and this performance defines Britney Spears to me to this day. She was IT. I can't believe she was only 18, too. The fierceness in that girl did NOT come to play.

• Like 6
On 8/28/2018 at 8:35 AM, bspearsMJfan5 said:

Yes!!! I was a sophomore in high school. I remember recording this on VHS so I could re live the greatness! I believe I still have the VHS.

I remember jumping up and down when she came on and watched in amazement!! 

Ugh the good ol’ days, before social media and YouTube, smartphones...Which made these things that much more special! 

On 8/28/2018 at 10:07 AM, britmebaby_onemoretime said:

I had the same reaction when my dad's Rolling Stone came in the year before and my mom got it out of the mailbox and her jaw dropped open and she said "Well, here's your new idol...:jj:......." lmaoooo.

That Rollingstone cover and shoot, the stuff of legends. This is totally the Britney of my childhood—fearless. To me, she will always be the perfect embodiment of a mega pop star. She was born for it.

I read in a Britney biography years ago that Lynne had accidentally tripped over some cords backstage and caused the main track to stop playing for a moment; That's why at the 2:32 video stamp Britney is suddenly singing live and seems to switch over into that 'plan b' performance mode and is adjusting her mic, assuming she will be live for the rest of the performance but the track comes directly back in for the next sentence.

Of course, being older and a performer myself I now know it doesn't work quite like that and is false, although she is definitely live on that time stamp,..but I've always wondered why I have never seen mention of this rumor anywhere other than that book years ago :surprisedney:

• Like 2