Why Is "Oops!... I Did It Again" Britney's best album?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's look at the facts: - Out of all her nine studio albums, "Oops" has a Metacritic score of 72, which is her highest to date. - Grammy nominated. Not everybody has that to their credit.

Oops is def not her best album but it IS a really good pop album! ITZ, Blackout, Circus, FF, Glory are all better.

Omg I was 14 when Oops came out. I don't care what anyone on this forum says... BOMT and OIDIA are pop album CLASSICS and are two of Britney's best albums to-date.  

Just now, jordeezy said:

Oops was Britney's personal genre.  The album is gold and so original.  It perfected what BOMT began.  

:meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:PERIODTTT it’s pop excellence intertwined with elements of classic rock, 90s country and contemporary r&b. It was literally the perfect follow-up anyone could have asked for. Most importantly, she delivered - both sonically and visually and it’s time this fanbase recognizes how much of a gem is truly is. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

I was planning on making this thread as my first thread but then you mentioned me in this topic, truly paving the way for all users on Exhale. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

Everything you said in this thread is a fact. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

As your new protégé, I am so glad to inform you that I have gotten Britney's best album into @Blackout2006's ranking of the top 5 best Britney albums, starting at #4, the same place it was before it was my fave. Oops!...'s reign as best album of all time has begun spreading. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

• Love 1
On 7/30/2018 at 9:20 PM, Commotion said:

Oops is in my trinity for sure. I wasn't around back then to be a fan (I was 2 lol) but going back and listening to it in 2018, it feels cohesive and very sweet. Very poppy which is why she's known as the princess of pop. And yeah I was surprised to hear how actually good it really was, as a whole. I made a thread here some time ago asking for recommendations as a baby stan, and one thing people told me was to maybe leave BOMT and Oops for later, to go into them with a different mentality. But, Oops is honestly so good. I was just listening to it again. And it was the inspiration for so many other female artists during the 00's.

But I still believe Blackout and Glory are better. They just sound better, as a whole. Glory sounds the least cohesive out of the three, but still sounds strong as a whole. Blackout is the CD every pop diva from 2008 on copied (maybe including Britney herself, Circus feels like a weaker Blackout). Blackout and Glory hold up today better than Oops. You do have to go into Oops with a certain mentality, as good as it is it sounds like cheesy 00's. And that's awesome for the people who are into that, myself included.

Circus feels like a weaker Blackout because it's full of Britney's demos lol