Unreleased stuff at 5PM

1 hour ago, Isla. said:

Omggg what songs and what demo versions??? We need these to leak :crying4: 

According to the Wikipedia page,

It was included on a cassette tape labeled "Britney Spears Demos" from November 1997, submitted to various labels by Britney's manager Larry Rudolph. The handwritten list of songs includes "Soda Pop," "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart," "Thinking About You," "Wishing on a Falling Star," "Let Me Take You There," "You Got It All," "Love The Hurt Away," and "Nothing Less than Real."

And we also know that "I Have Nothing" is on one of these four tapes too, since all four tapes were apparently sold on the same auction site back in May. :yaknow:

So the new songs are "Let Me Take You There", "Wishing on a Falling Star", "Nothing Less than Real" and "I Have Nothing", with demo versions of "Soda Pop" ( :umwtf: ), "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart", "Thinkin' About You", "You Got It All" and "Luv the Hurt Away".

• Like 1
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So 3 demos leaked.    

One of the fan i used to trade with for many years just made a announcement that we should be looking at his facebook page. I think he will share a glimbse of the « julien’s cassette » from the recent

I want the Whitney cover!! 

• Twitter Team
18 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

According to the Wikipedia page,

And we also know that "I Have Nothing" is on one of these four tapes too, since all four tapes were apparently sold on the same auction site back in May. :yaknow:

So the new songs are "Let Me Take You There", "Wishing on a Falling Star", "Nothing Less than Real" and "I Have Nothing", with demo versions of "Soda Pop" ( :umwtf: ), "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart", "Thinkin' About You", "You Got It All" and "Luv the Hurt Away".

The demos of You Got It All and Luv the Hurt Away were the ones that leaked along with Let Me Take You There weren't they?

I'm not sure if it's on the demo tapes, but Don Phillip said in 2012 there was a version of Luv the Hurt Away that he features on, so that should exist too.

And the demo tapes should also have Today (which was a cover of a Toni Braxton song).

• Like 1

The tapes are:

1 - I have nothing (demo) 1997

2 - Baby one more time (demo) 1998

3 - 3 track "rough mixes" produced by Full Force 1997 THE LEAKED ONE

4 - the multitrack  tape 1997 : I doubt they are literal demos, more like finished songs :

(1) SODA POP and THINKIN ABOUT YOU come from sessions with Eric Foster White and Mickey Bassie.

(2) FTBOMBH was composed by Eric Foster White.

(3) YGIA, LTHA and LMTYT were done by Full Force.

(4) Wishing on a falling star, Nothing less than real ???

I hope #4 leaks, I would love to hear the demos of FTBOMBH and Wishing on a falling star.

It appears that Britney only worked with Full Force in late 1997. I guess the LOVE THE HURT AWAY featuring Don Philip was recorded in 1998 for his own album?

Still, we know nothing about Britney's sessions with Sturken & Rogers and they were supposed to be on the album. I wonder what they recorded, what style.

Jive seems to have dropped anything that sounded way too r'n'b from the album.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Isla. said:

The demos of You Got It All and Luv the Hurt Away were the ones that leaked along with Let Me Take You There weren't they?

I'm not sure if it's on the demo tapes, but Don Phillip said in 2012 there was a version of Luv the Hurt Away that he features on, so that should exist too.

And the demo tapes should also have Today (which was a cover of a Toni Braxton song).

4 hours ago, Kartofelek said:

The tapes are:

1 - I have nothing (demo) 1997

2 - Baby one more time (demo) 1998

3 - 3 track "rough mixes" produced by Full Force 1997 THE LEAKED ONE

4 - the multitrack  tape 1997 : I doubt they are literal demos, more like finished songs :

(1) SODA POP and THINKIN ABOUT YOU come from sessions with Eric Foster White and Mickey Bassie.

(2) FTBOMBH was composed by Eric Foster White.

(3) YGIA, LTHA and LMTYT were done by Full Force.

(4) Wishing on a falling star, Nothing less than real ???

I hope #4 leaks, I would love to hear the demos of FTBOMBH and Wishing on a falling star.

It appears that Britney only worked with Full Force in late 1997. I guess the LOVE THE HURT AWAY featuring Don Philip was recorded in 1998 for his own album?

Still, we know nothing about Britney's sessions with Sturken & Rogers and they were supposed to be on the album. I wonder what they recorded, what style.

Jive seems to have dropped anything that sounded way too r'n'b from the album.

• Like 2
  • Twitter Team
1 hour ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Oooh interesting some stuff from 1998 too. But if I Have Nothing is there surely Today should be too? Record label executives had that song presented to them by Larry when Britney was looking for a deal. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Isla. said:

Oooh interesting some stuff from 1998 too. But if I Have Nothing is there surely Today should be too? Record label executives had that song presented to them by Larry when Britney was looking for a deal. 

Perhaps "Today" was recorded later. Perhaps it was sent on another tape? Perhaps it was demo'ed as a test recording paid by some record label?

• Like 1
  • Twitter Team
1 hour ago, Kartofelek said:

Perhaps "Today" was recorded later. Perhaps it was sent on another tape? Perhaps it was demo'ed as a test recording paid by some record label?

It wasn’t paid by any label. It was a demo Britney recorded before she was signed. Larry then sent it to Jive and some other labels. 

On 7/10/2018 at 8:09 AM, Kartofelek said:

the thing is, the tempo is faster and as it happens with old tapes, the pitch is higher, lower the pitch along with the tempo, then you'll get the correct version.

Britney was not a chipmunk in 1997, now-YES, but not then.

That's how it sounds to me:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s10SD67hyfcP  let me take you there THE CHORUS sounds like the one leaked months ago

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1yqrMfQWqaH  closer to the released version

Now "Let Me Take You There" sounds too slow… :wtf:

Is Let Me Take You There basically a reject that was later reworked to Mandy Moore's Candy? The songs are way too similar in the beat and singing verses to be different songs

:xfactorlook:

*edit

Then I go to youtube comments and then there's Robyn - Do You Know (What It Takes)

So I guess the music industry did way too much rehashes of the same songs in the 90s