Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where is her country accent?

I saw the Sara Jessica Parker thread and britney sounded really different. Then I realized she started talking like that in 05'. It all just seems weird that her voice would change between 08'-2011

She doesn't remember she had one

giphy.gif

In all seriousness though, I don't think she's lost it completely. At some moments she has a southern twang, I can remember in 2015 at the Teen Choice Awards her accent was noticeable.

2 hours ago, armrunner1998 said:

giphy.gif

Hah I totally agree with that quote. She looks super pretty there, where is that from?

5 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Hah I totally agree with that quote. She looks super pretty there, where is that from?

Glaad awards last moth :sendinglove:

2 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

GLAAD Awards :) 

13 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

Glaad awards last moth :sendinglove:

12 minutes ago, falka said:

GLAAD Awards :) 

Thank you! :sendinglove: I must’ve been taking an Exhale break during that time. Did she give a speech?

Usually people who have lived in different parts of the country their whole life can adapt to speaking like the people around them.

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

Usually people who have lived in different parts of the country their whole life can adapt to speaking like the people around them.

Ikt? It is totally normal

I imagine she still sounds a bit more Southern around her family, but I think on the MMC  is when she learned to speak with more of a "standard" American accent (sorry if wrong term!)

This is my favourite video where her Southern accent is clear (I found this on YouTube, but she posted it to her Instagram account sometime in early 2016):

https://youtu.be/TLY9Pb0B4HY

I also love it because she cusses at the end, twice :giggleney:

but i thought she was a southern girl that likes to keep it real?

6 hours ago, Loopy said:

This!

It's called being bidialectal. French is my first language and when I speak with my parents at home it's either in french or in english with a francophone accent, however, when I'm out speaking to my friends, I almost naturally switch to my Canadian accent.

She probably doesn’t speak in it so people understand her better. Maybe when she’s with her family she speaks the Southern way. A lot of celebs from the south seem to do this.

Accents fade over time when you live in a different location. In the industry tbh they train you to not have a country accent because its looked at as ignorant.   I'm in modeling and took a bunch of workshops and acting classes and it's one of the things the industry looks down upon is a country accent. 

I remember kinda hearing it in her Asia tour when her mic was on and she was like "the crowd is terrible why aren't they screaming? They should be yelling" in a low southernish voice and then when she realized her mic was on she spoke in a high voice and said "how yall feelin?!" like usual. Does anyone Remember the video?

15 hours ago, armrunner1998 said:

giphy.gif

In all seriousness though, I don't think she's lost it completely. At some moments she has a southern twang, I can remember in 2015 at the Teen Choice Awards her accent was noticeable.

The only thing I can really focus on is how pretty she looked in 2015 and how...different she looks in 2018 :kyliecry:

• Dislike 1
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, bananathesnake said:

The only thing I can really focus on is how pretty she looked in 2015 and how...different she looks in 2018 :kyliecry:

THIS. She just needs to put on a little more weight and her face will fill out again :thinkney:

• Dislike 1
  • Like 1