Levi Strauss sues LVMH's Kenzo over jeans pocket tab

14 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

Wait a minute. Kenzo's tab is giant compared to Levi's and is completely different:

Kenzo-La-Collection-Memento-N%C2%B02-Van

They're not even on the same place :wyd:

I think they're just attention whores :rlynow:

No they're talking about that very very very very small tab on the pocket on the right. 

F851PA2696EP.76_P_02.jpg?sw=1070&sh=1712

But like wtf?  :wyd: Kenzo tab is white, as far as i know Levi's is red and who cares ? It'll still be written Kenzo on the Kenzo one and Levi's on the Levi's one, people can read.
It is a BIG joke, like seriously, lmao :

"Levi’s claim that KENZO’s pocket tabs confuse shoppers, could cause Levi’s to lose sales and “incalculable and irreparable damage” to its brand. Since 1936, Levi Strauss has used pocket tags featuring the company’s name on all its denim products."

As if people even pay attention to that unnoticeable tab when they're buying a pair of jeans and wouldn't know if they're buying Levi's or Kenzo in the first place like come on :girlwhat:

"In the filed lawsuit, Leo Christopher Lucier, Levi's national sales manager back in 1936, is reported to have said that “no other maker of overalls can have any other purpose in putting a coloured tab on an outside patch pocket, unless for the express and sole purpose of copying our mark, and confusing the customer.”

I guess their costumers are really dumb then if they wouldn't know what they're buying and get confused with this. :tiffcackle:

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, Caroline77 said:

No they're talking about that very very very very small tab on the pocket on the right. 

F851PA2696EP.76_P_02.jpg?sw=1070&sh=1712

But like wtf?  :wyd: Kenzo tab is white, as far as i know Levi's is red and who cares ? It'll still be written Kenzo on the Kenzo one and Levi's on the Levi's one, people can read.
It is a BIG joke, like seriously, lmao :

"Levi’s claim that KENZO’s pocket tabs confuse shoppers, could cause Levi’s to lose sales and “incalculable and irreparable damage” to its brand. Since 1936, Levi Strauss has used pocket tags featuring the company’s name on all its denim products."

As if people even pay attention to that unnoticeable tab when they're buying a pair of jeans and wouldn't know if they're buying Levi's or Kenzo in the first place like come on :girlwhat:

"In the filed lawsuit, Leo Christopher Lucier, Levi's national sales manager back in 1936, is reported to have said that “no other maker of overalls can have any other purpose in putting a coloured tab on an outside patch pocket, unless for the express and sole purpose of copying our mark, and confusing the customer.”

I guess their costumers are really dumb then if they wouldn't know what they're buying and get confused with this. :tiffcackle:

Also there's a considerable price difference. Kenzo pants are +200$ while Levi's are -100$. Who wouldn't notice they're buying Kenzo pants instead of Levi's? It's a completely different budget like c'mon:wyd:

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, Iexpectyouto said:

this lawsuit is indeed stupid. do levi's and kenzo even cater to the same market? plus the tag thing is really insignificant. free promo though. 

Levis is more affordable and basic/casual. Kenzo makes artsy fartsy clothes and they are a lot more expensive. So i would say no.

• Like 3
  • Super Moderators
4 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

That whole campaign lost momentum so quickly 

Having one of the biggest superstars on the planet for their campaign, one would've thought they would find a way to make it music related: make a music video kind of ad, several ads actually, or feature one of her hundreds of songs in the ads, sponsor a videoclip for her, or create a whole new jingle for it, I don't know.

I really ignore how these "high couture" brands sell their stuff, like how are the typical ads or campaigns for this kind of collection, but yeah, what is the point of having a music artist if you're not gonna exploit that. For that case it would be the same to get a random model or an actress if you're not gonna take FULL advantage of the campaign's photoshopped face.  :unbothered:

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean