Controversial: A Cover Version For #B10 Lead Single

Let's face it - she needs a hit. 

A song everybody already knows might be the way to go...

She did a good job with My Prerogative, Tom's Diner and Out From Under. 

Satisfaction got panned back in the day, but that was a blip. 

The comeback single has to be a big song. Something camp and upbeat and pure pop nostalgia like Girls Just Wanna Have Fun or Sweet Dreams Are Made Of These or Heaven Is A Place On Earth. 

Thoughts? :rlynow:

• Like 2
  • Exhale+
33 minutes ago, Halaut17 said:

Maybe, but a sample, or a very old song with a modern twist, girls just wanna have fun is too ‘new’ for it to work imo, and too famous. I’m talking 60s, with a modern twist, maybe new lyrics added.

I agree, a good sample of a very well known pop song is a better idea. If she did it right, that would get her on the media/GP Radar  :bwink:  in a big way. I wouldn’t favor a cover for a lead single, but it wouldn’t be terrible. Perhaps as a later single or an album track.

If you can't say I LOVE YOU, then say nothing at all...

• Super Moderators

Everybody (Britney's Back) - Backstreet Boys cover :toocute:

She could even mix it up with Crazy for live performances and perform it along BSB at the VMA's ;) 

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

I was actually thinking about this the other day!

Remember how jlo's On the floor sampled an 1989 melody and became a huge hit because it was super catchy?

I mean many celebs have done that and the songs always become huge hits (Black Eyed Peas, Minaj anaconda etc)

The song I'd die Britney to sample for a song is 

The chorus is so catchy. Imagine britney having a completely new song in which the chorus will sample this song's chorus. 

The melody is so freaking catchy. :kyliecry: 0:53 and onwards. Imagine this with Britney's **** vocals :yasqueen:

Blackout tease. (Everybody) :anxiety:

2 minutes ago, Cindy Campbell said:

Remember how jlo's On the floor sampled an 1989 melody and became a huge hit because it was super catchy?

I mean many celebs have done that and the songs always become huge hits (Black Eyed Peas, Minaj anaconda etc)

The chorus is so catchy. Imagine britney having a completely new song in which the chorus will sample this song's chorus. 

The melody is so freaking catchy. :kyliecry: 0:53 and onwards. Imagine this with Britney's **** vocals :yasqueen:

And we'd actually get vocalney omfg:wendycry:

12 minutes ago, Cindy Campbell said:

Feel this moment by pitbul and xtina