Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is Britney the only artist in history to release a greatest hits album less than 7 years into her career?

2 hours ago, Isla. said:

Ddd I forgot about her... Most Wanted counts as a GH right? That was only after 2 albums (not counting her Christmas album)

Let us not forget Hilary Duff has had TWO greatest hits albums. I think Most Wanted was mostly the record label's knee-jerk reaction to disappointing sales from her second album. (Low sales = greatest hits album?? That's Hollywood Records for you.) And then The Best of Hilary Duff was just to get out of her contract.

I believe GH:MP was released at the perfect time in Britney's career.  It was quite obvious after the Onyx Hotel tour (and cancellation/knee injury) of the second leg that Britney was heading for a long break(down) and her personal life was out of control and she just wanted it to stop.  Britney's team, being smart (at the time) kept her name out there and put out GH:MP to remind everyone of everything she's accomplished in the past 7 years.  It also kept us, her fans, interested and gave us something to enjoy while waiting for her to do something new....and we got "My Prerogative" as a single/video and "Do Somethin" which she still performs (or at least did perform recently in Vegas).  Obviously she had enough hit's to make the collection worthwhile and she filled the disc.  The DVD is pretty special as well. 

I don't agree that it isn't time for another GH album.  While she may not be performing and overworking herself like her glory years, she consistently releases memorable songs.  I don't think we should discredit her discography post-prime Britney just because she isn't on top of the charts...the music speaks for itself even if the non-fans don't appreciate it - you can bet they've heard it.   Just look at what's been released since GH:MP - I think most of these tracks are well known:

Gimme More

Piece of Me

Break the Ice

Womanizer

Circus

If U Seek Amy

Hold It Against Me

Till the World Ends

I Wanna Go

Criminal (ok, this could be left off)

Work *****

Perfume (ok, this could be left off - and probably should be)

Make Me

Slumber Party

There's a pretty good selection of material here - and most of has been performed in Vegas during what is essentially a GH show.  I'd love to have Blu-Ray release of the videos for the above tracks - or at least a digital HD release.  

1 hour ago, electraheart said:

Let us not forget Hilary Duff has had TWO greatest hits albums. I think Most Wanted was mostly the record label's knee-jerk reaction to disappointing sales from her second album. (Low sales = greatest hits album?? That's Hollywood Records for you.) And then The Best of Hilary Duff was just to get out of her contract.

Eurgh yeah and The Best of Hilary Duff was only released after Dignity (which was after Most Wanted). MESS

14 minutes ago, Isla. said:

Eurgh yeah and The Best of Hilary Duff was only released after Dignity (which was after Most Wanted). MESS

Barely 3 albums in and she already had 2 Greatest Hits albums, legends only :comingthru:

20 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

It’s amazing but sadly the last decade doesn’t deserve one. 

Her prime was huge! Its still carrying her

No it's not

She's had tons of success since her prime

Get out of here with that lie

Didnt Katy Perry release one after 2 albums?

9 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

well, there are 2 shakiras....

the one that used to be creative as **** who conquered the entire latin american market :yasqueen:

and the Shakira that conquered the English speaking market who well....is not as creative as she used to be imo :rlynow:

pretty much before and after she sold her soul

3 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

No She's not

Rihanna a crappy performer

and what is britney now? :rlynow:

5 minutes ago, Inherzone said:

and what is britney now? :rlynow:

Better than what Rihanna will ever be as a performer:bsass:

To be quite brutally honest, I'm shocked that the album is a hit, selling 1.5 million copies in the United States, alone. 

I felt that maybe people were sick of her, so I thought that My Prerogative (Greatest Hits) wouldn't be a hit. Plus, there was a backlash

against her at the time. She was in full rebellion mode by this time.

Mariah released an album of her 13 #1's just 8 years into her career. Incredible stuff from both her and Britney so quickly in their careers.

It‘s still my fave CD ever. And the cover is flawless

just realised that they could have named piece of me „My prerogative“ as it‘s basically the setlist :ohdear:

1 hour ago, woabritney said:

Mariah released an album of her 13 #1's just 8 years into her career. Incredible stuff from both her and Britney so quickly in their careers.

Imagine releasing a Greatest Hits, which only contains your #1's. The fact that she was able to create a full tracklist with them is just wow.

Hilary Duff released a greatest hits after 3 years of music and 3 albums (1 holiday and 2 studio). She has since released ANOTHER greatest hits that was only 5 years from the release of her first album (which only included one additional studio album). Nothing but love for the Duffster. I own them all ;) 

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

Didnt Katy Perry release one after 2 albums?

She doesn't have any greatest hits albums.

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, TaylorMB said:

She doesn't have any greatest hits albums.

giphy.gif

oh it was a re-release :orangu: 

never mind

On 3/9/2018 at 1:18 AM, DignifiedLove said:

when was her GH album even released? :slowdown:

she doesn't have one :umsaywhat:

But Google Rihanna greatest hits. :wigsnatched: there's a google result on the sidebar that is hilarious.