• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What are for you Brit signature songs?

Or most popular song by ranking? that GP think about when you say Britney

I would say :

1. Oops I did it again 

2. Toxic

3. Gimme more (for "It's Britney *****")

4. BOMT

5. Scream & Shout

6. Work *****

7. Slave for you (Maybe?)

Have i missed something?

Baby

Oops

Toxic

Lucky

Gimmie More

Womanizer 

Till The Worlds Ends 

Work *****

Make Me (not yet, but it took WB a few years to become signature. I feel like MM will follow the same trend within a few years time) 

Baby 

You Drive Me Crazy

Oops

Lucky

Slave

Toxic

Gimme More

Womanizer

Till The World Ends

Scream and Shout

Work ***** 

*Honorable Mentions that GP also def know: Sometimes, Lucky, Stronger, Everytime, Circus, POM 

People who grew up in the 90s have a special affinity for BOMT, Crazy, and Sometimes, even if they're not fans anymore. In the same vain, Oops, Stronger, Lucky, and INAGNYAW.

For the general public today, I think BOMT, Oops, and Toxic are the obvious ones. Womanizer and TTWE as well. I think a lot of casual and non fans remember and like Everytime. Slave has the iconic VMA performance that people will remember forever (although maybe they don't remember the song). I think "It's Britney *****" is popular as a catch phrase but I don't know if Gimme More has really withstood the test of time for the GP. Same thing for Work *****. People might know the line, and might know the song exists, but can they sing it? Do they know the lyrics? I doubt it.

I would say....

Toxic
Baby
OIDIA
Gimme More
Slave
Lucky

Those are the ones always quoted by my friends and GP when talking about Britney. Especially Lucky for some weird reason, I don't even like it that much but SO many people love it, and my local radio station plays it every throwback thursday (but no other Britney songs :ineedthetruth:)

• OIDIA
  • BOMT
  • Toxic
  • Lucky
  • Crazy
  • Slave

After those, I think the closest are Womanizer, TTWE, Stronger, GM, Circus and lately, WB. We could add others like Sometimes, POM, Not a Girl, IWG, but that depends on the person. Many people might recall the "It's Britney, *****". Actually a lot of people think it's "Britney *****" as if she was the ***** :quirkney: but I don't think as many people remember the actual song, Gimme More. Probably they now relate it to Scream & Shout more than anything lol

And no, Make Me... is a cool song, but there's no way it's becoming the next WB. WB didn't reach its status two months ago, it was something that was noticeable since the beginning. It's not like it passed unnoticed and suddenly boom! everybody turned their heads to WB. It started moderately strong as BJ's lead single and despite many attempts of singles that have come after it, WB remains as her latest hit. MM in the other hand was one of her weakest lead singles ever, in every sense, if nothing happened with it in 2016, even after a VMA's performance, nothing will happen later. If she ever makes another show, and decides to include MM, it won't be because it's the new WB, if any it will be just the new Boys, that only Britney thinks is iconic.

If WB has managed to gain this position, without promo performances, without anything but Vegas (until the BBMA in 2016) imagine what would've happened if she premiered it at the VMAs of 2013 :kyliecry: no one would've even noticed Miley's mess.

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

Britney’s signature songs are: 

1. ...Baby One More Time 

2. Oops..! I Did It Again 

3. Toxic 

4. I’m A Slave 4 U 

Baby One More Time is definitely her biggest song ever and her signature song by far. Toxic or Oops maybe at 2nd place. Probably Oops would have a slight edge. Although my favorite song from Britney would be "Overprotected". : )

5 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Email my heart cause you know, everyone sends emails :flawlessbye:

1. E-mail my heart

2. Dear diary

3. When I found you

4. I smell your breath it makes me cry

5. Chillin' with you

Toxic

BOMT

Oops

Womanizer

Work *****

TTWE

Scream and Shout

Gimme More

honorable mention to;

Circus

I Wanna Go

Slave 4 U

Hold It Against Me

33 minutes ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

Toxic

BOMT

Oops

Womanizer

Work *****

TTWE

Scream and Shout

Gimme More

honorable mention to;

Circus

I Wanna Go

Slave 4 U

Hold It Against Me

Scream and Shout is just as recognisable as Toxic/BOMT/OIDIA/Womanizer And I’ve found that people who can’t name a song outside of BOMT and Toxic recognise WB when I play it to them