Jump to content

For you guys who doesn't believe an incredible music video save a song...


Recommended Posts

See what happened to Dua Lipa's New Rules. It got so much attention for being incredible (and indeed it is) that celebrities started talking about and people started watching and look how it is now... #12 @ Spotify Worldwide.

I mean... If you can get it to get viral, you may hold a hit in your hands. That's why I don't see how some of you say that a better video for Make Me wouldn't save it.

It would

It ******* would.

  • Like 4
Link to post

Didn't really change my opinion of dua lipa. I mean these new female singers don't really catch my attention either since they have nothing really special about them and all kinda blend together making the same kinda music and having really similar styles/looks/visuals. 

They have good voices, but what's make sense them different from each other? :nicki2:

  • Like 1
Link to post
3 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Consequently, it also ruined the song and her image. Come back with a fresh, great, **** song that seems like it should be an instant hit while looking amazingly hot and fit, and yet you release a video that is as cringeworthy as possible. The stupid little skit, acting like 8 year olds giggling and then having your girlfriends help you pick out a guy for you to have *** with and then watching it? WTF? One of the best songs you've ever created and it gets a joke of a music video and you don't even care. Cool :byebitch:

Triggered for life :crying11:

Link to post
  • Super Moderators

That's what I used to think. But look at Slumber Party, not even a great video managed to save a song that was destined to flop.

This time she needs a really, really, really catchy song that doesn't matter if she releases a PG or GM kind of video, it will become a hit because no one can escape from its catchy rhythm.

  • Like 4

 I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

Link to post

I mean it's probably doing good in other countries but it isn't doing anything in the US. I love the video and bought the song. It's a bop.

I agree with you, it would help but I want Britney to help her own music :lemmetellu:

So is so disconnected from her career I want to see passion for her work. Look at ITZ I can tell she loved that album. I want Britney not to be a ghost. I hate when ppl say "they can do all the promo without Britney" ***** no. 

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

That's what I used to think. But look at Slumber Party, not even a great video managed to save a song that was destined to flop.

This time she needs a really, really, really catchy song that doesn't matter if she releases a PG or GM kind of video, it will become a hit because no one can escape from its catchy rhythm.

The main issue with Slumber Party is the release date and 0 promo. Yes the video was amazing but she ******* released it when all the hype for her new album is dead and buried. And let's not talk about those ridiculous "festivals promo tour for POM".:lemmetellu:

Slumber party would be a decent hit if she has performed on AMA, just saying.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Super Moderators
32 minutes ago, WootsWow said:

The main issue with Slumber Party is the release date and 0 promo. Yes the video was amazing but she ******* released it when all the hype for her new album is dead and buried. And let's not talk about those ridiculous "festivals promo tour for POM".:lemmetellu:

Slumber party would be a decent hit if she has performed on AMA, just saying.

It wasn't that late, well, maybe a little. But the video was really good, and it actually was doing great the first days, I always say it, there was even a time when it had more views than Chantaje, go figure. The song was just not catchy enough to keep people playing it on and on, and that's something I always knew and always said in here. The song isn't bad by any means, it just doesn't have that hit factor. And yeah, most of Glory tracks are like that, but SP was definitely not the best choice. I know it's hard to make a comparison, but Perfume had even less promo, actually no promo since at least SP had the festivals, and Perfume video was a huge mess, and yet it peaked higher, God knows why, but what I say is if she did an amazing video like Slumber Party's but for a better song, like Better, If I'm Dancing, DYWCO, Liar, even Love Me Down or Change Your Mind, I'm sure it would've become at least a Top 50, which is more than we can dream about nowadays. SP just doesn't have that X Factor for me.

And I wouldn't care about the charts, and I actually don't because, at the end of the day I don't even listen to radio anymore, I genuinely ignore how the music scene sounds like today, I'm happy with the video she gave us, but the moment when I start caring about the charts is when they give up on the entire album, for one bad decision they made, and that is the second time that happens, and I can't help but thinking that if they released other songs first, and then SP to close the era, when we already had 3 or 4 videos, we would be so happy, with more videos in her catalogue, more iconic outfits, moves, looks, etc.

 I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

Link to post

of course good music video gives more exposure. look at Slumber Party - the song wasnt even high on charts but still it's  music video has more views than "hit" Make Me. Imagine how big Make Me would be with amazing and controversial MV 

Link to post
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

It wasn't that late, well, maybe a little. But the video was really good, and it actually was doing great the first days, I always say it, there was even a time when it had more views than Chantaje, go figure. The song was just not catchy enough to keep people playing it on and on, and that's something I always knew and always said in here. The song isn't bad by any means, it just doesn't have that hit factor. And yeah, most of Glory tracks are like that, but SP was definitely not the best choice. I know it's hard to make a comparison, but Perfume had even less promo, actually no promo since at least SP had the festivals, and Perfume video was a huge mess, and yet it peaked higher, God knows why, but what I say is if she did an amazing video like Slumber Party's but for a better song, like Better, If I'm Dancing, DYWCO, Liar, even Love Me Down or Change Your Mind, I'm sure it would've become at least a Top 50, which is more than we can dream about nowadays. SP just doesn't have that X Factor for me.

And I wouldn't care about the charts, and I actually don't because, at the end of the day I don't even listen to radio anymore, I genuinely ignore how the music scene sounds like today, I'm happy with the video she gave us, but the moment when I start caring about the charts is when they give up on the entire album, for one bad decision they made, and that is the second time that happens, and I can't help but thinking that if they released other songs first, and then SP to close the era, when we already had 3 or 4 videos, we would be so happy, with more videos in her catalogue, more iconic outfits, moves, looks, etc.

It was catchy enough. It has nothing to do with the song they could have picked any other songs it would have flopped anyway. Everything was ruined after MM video. The video was a mess, her performance at the VMAs was underwhelming big time, everyone expected something huge and we got a boring lip synced performance, her carpool karaoke was a mess she didn't even made the effort to actually sing which is the concept of the show.
The ellen skit which as usual made her look like a stupid blonde.
Her boring MM performance on tv in UK. Not even talking of these stupid festivals that only "promoted" her cheap Vegas show.
And SP is released and there's literally no promo, nothing. How it is even possible then for a song to work when Britney herself literally destroyed the last ounce of credibility she had and doesn't promote. Everything she did since MM video being released was a total disaster. I'm a fan and even i, all i see from her was the image of a stupid blonde trying to be Britney but failing hard. So imagine people that arent even a fan, what they could  think of her.

Is it that hard to give 100% for just at least ONE tv performance that would have actual choreo and prerecorded vocals OR just live singing ? Is it that hard to make real interesting and mature interviews with the 35yo woman that she is instead of stupid skits that only worsen her image of a blonde girl with an empty shell as if she was 16yo? A documentary that would show her in studio actually invested, working, singing and describing her album and the meaning of her songs with actual words instead of "cool" and "fun" ? And also it's just details but it starts to really bother me, she's Britney Spears not a brand new unknown singer, is it that hard for her to have a real makeup artist and stylist, and choose the best outfits, for her shows, appearances and all. I can't anymore with her being dressed up cheaper than some stripper.

Only these little things already would be a big change,  if not the GP then her fans to begin with would be way more interested. 

Link to post

Work ***** and Slumber Party had amazing videos though and it didn't really save them. I do think Make Me could've peaked higher had the original video been released within a week of the song though.

Britney needs a viral video to catch people's attention, even if she isn't in it. That could've easily been done with any of the Glory tracks, without costing much or having involvement from Britney. But alas, her team ruined an incredible album. 

Link to post
4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

It wasn't that late, well, maybe a little. But the video was really good, and it actually was doing great the first days, I always say it, there was even a time when it had more views than Chantaje, go figure. The song was just not catchy enough to keep people playing it on and on, and that's something I always knew and always said in here. The song isn't bad by any means, it just doesn't have that hit factor. And yeah, most of Glory tracks are like that, but SP was definitely not the best choice. I know it's hard to make a comparison, but Perfume had even less promo, actually no promo since at least SP had the festivals, and Perfume video was a huge mess, and yet it peaked higher, God knows why, but what I say is if she did an amazing video like Slumber Party's but for a better song, like Better, If I'm Dancing, DYWCO, Liar, even Love Me Down or Change Your Mind, I'm sure it would've become at least a Top 50, which is more than we can dream about nowadays. SP just doesn't have that X Factor for me.

And I wouldn't care about the charts, and I actually don't because, at the end of the day I don't even listen to radio anymore, I genuinely ignore how the music scene sounds like today, I'm happy with the video she gave us, but the moment when I start caring about the charts is when they give up on the entire album, for one bad decision they made, and that is the second time that happens, and I can't help but thinking that if they released other songs first, and then SP to close the era, when we already had 3 or 4 videos, we would be so happy, with more videos in her catalogue, more iconic outfits, moves, looks, etc.

Borefume was released as a second single even before Britney Jean is released. It had that hype value while Slumber Party was released 3-4 months after Glory is released. To be honest, I was kinda bored with Slumber Party by then and the video kept me interested for 2 weeks max. That's a basic human nature lbr and team b even failed to understand that.:ponderney:

 

And in regards of the view doing better than Chanteje, if I'm not mistaken, Chanteje was only released a day later or so after Slumber Party. The view of Chanteje has been always higher than Slumber Party. 

 

The point is, Britney had everything for a successful era but her marketing strategy is so tragic and has caused so much damage on her own career/brand.

Link to post

Britney has few issues that she has to fix(change) if she wants to have a commercial success again.

1. No more baby voice

2. She should stop realising singles that are too girly. Her target group should not be only girls or gays. 

3. She should have more serious approach to her career. Be more artistic when she is doing her MVs or award performances. For the past few years they all look too manufactured.

4. She should take more care about her image. She should look decent in her free time and flawless, like a real superstar, in the red carpet appearances. She should definitely do more rc appearances, just to show how flawless she looks.

5. She should use her social networks, especially Instagram in better way. Today, Instagram is extremely important network and she and her team are underestimating it. In my opinion she should clear everything from her Instagram and keep it that way for few months and then try to build huge media platform where she will present her self as cool, fashionable, **** mother of two and music icon. That would increase public interest, she will gain more followers, sell and stream more music and also she can earn a lot of money on Instagram alone.

6. Maybe she can realize some workout DVD compilation, that would help her image and it can be closely connected to her Instagram account.

7. Also, she has to think smarter when she is doing promo. For example do 1 or 2 promo performances, but give it all in it. Slay the World. Give us some iconic **** on VMAs or SB and then leave your music and MVs to speak for them self. It is better then doing some random performances, that nobody will remember one day after.

8. Visual album for her 20th anniversary would be great as a gift for her fans. Also she should realise acoustic, live versions of all songs. Just simple videos from studio with live band. 

9. And finally, her dancing... if she doesn't want to give us primaney level of dancing, she should at lest stick with 2016 dance level and focus on short but effective choreographies(BTI old one, slve4u, like some MATM moments etc.)

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
57 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

I don't even know who Dua Lipa is

she's a new girl, in the same batch as zara larsson, bebe rexha ect.

you've never seen the memes based on her New rules music video on twitter? they're everywhere tbh.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block