The good thing about Britney and Justin's breakup

I fully believe Justin was the love of her life and they were meant together and still hate that they broke up. I think it played a huge part in her breakdown and the media just started extremely scrutinizing her and taking Justin's side. 

BUTTTTT..........

They literally BOTH got one of their signature songs from it!

First: Justin released "Cry Me a River" which featured a Britney look alike in the music video. The song became critically acclaimed and was hailed as one of the best songs of 2002/2003. The video has over 200 million views!

Then: Britney released "Toxic", which was her response to JT. It too became one of the most critally acclaimed songs of 2003 and became one of her most beloved hits. The video is often hailed as one of her best and it also has over 200 million views!

While I sincerely hate that they split, these two pop classics would NOT have happened without the breakup!

Sometimes the best music seems to come from big heartbreak, and in this case, Britney and JT served up signature hits and pop music GOLD!

They also both won Grammy's for these songs! Justin won in 2004 for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance, and Britney won in 2005 for Best Dance Recording!

Their biggest success came from their biggest loss! They lost each other but gained their biggest success from songs about each other!

3 minutes ago, Jacod2017 said:

Toxic was a response to Cry me a River? :squintney:

I thought Everytime was

I've actually heard both at different times called responses to Justin, but I think it was Toxic.....I'm pretty she was referring to him as "toxic". I could be wrong though!  

2 minutes ago, Jacod2017 said:

Toxic was a response to Cry me a River? :squintney:

I thought Everytime was

This

idk what the op is talking about

the only good thing about the B&J breakup is the start of JTs career (although idk if i should call that good :urite:) and Blackout (but she had a meltdown for that..)

1 minute ago, Soni said:

This

idk what the op is talking about

the only good thing about the B&J breakup is the start of JTs career (although idk if i should call that good :urite:) and Blackout (but she had a meltdown for that..)

I for sure thought Toxic was her response to him. But maybe it was Everytime!

Either way, they both got great songs from it.

1 minute ago, jamesedward94 said:

I for sure thought Toxic was her response to him. But maybe it was Everytime!

Either way, they both got great songs from it.

Well idont think so..
She wrote Everytime alone so that is most likely to be a response to him (+several other songs about him)

Toxic was written for Kylie Minogue

btw this song was supposed to be her response to him but her management declined it:

• Exhale+
1 minute ago, Soni said:

Well idont think so..
She wrote Everytime alone so that is most likely to be a response to him (+several other songs about him)

btw this song was supposed to be her response to him but her management declined it:

I thought Cathy Dennis wrote Toxic

Just let me give you one last test, is that a sin? https://soundcloud.com/jacod

4 minutes ago, Soni said:

Well idont think so..

I remember hearing about this, too, and I'm still pressed that we don't have a version with Britney singing. I think this could've been a good comeback for Justin, it's basically saying "STFU already, Justin." 

1 minute ago, LBoggie said:

I remember hearing about this, too, and I'm still pressed that we don't have a version with Britney singing. I think this could've been a good comeback for Justin, it's basically saying "STFU already, Justin." 

Ikr

a buzz single would've been fine but oh well

5 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

Yes she is! Grew up loving S Club 7 and have all of their CDs!

Never listened to her solo stuff though. 

Same! I never bought their CDs but I remember watching their television show here in America. 

3 minutes ago, LBoggie said:

Same! I never bought their CDs but I remember watching their television show here in America. 

I watched it to! My cousins and I loved their music and would put on lip synced performances of their songs for fun when we were little. Haha. All of their music is on my phone!

Those were such great times!

They were actually created by the same man who created the Spice Girls, however, they were never as big unfortunately! They only had one hit here in America.

39 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

I've actually heard both at different times called responses to Justin, but I think it was Toxic.....I'm pretty she was referring to him as "toxic". I could be wrong though!  

I remember this too. I read about it being Cry me a river response back in the day.