The 2017 Grammy Nominations Announced

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sorry, but do the Grammy's have a new category for albums that fell off the BB200 fastest in history? Glory is amazing, but y'all be dreaming if you think the Grammy's give a **** about Britney.

I hate when ppl talk about things that aren't meant for them that they probably are biased against anyway. You don't have to like lemonade but that song and the theme of the album were really importan

Unfortunately the way black girls portray black culture, and the way Beyonce portrays black culture is completely wrong. They show themselves as ***** whose only purpose is to shake their fat *** and

2 minutes ago, PedroJu said:

And that's the saddest part tbh. You literally can't make it more mainstream that Beyonce, and still people won't get it :nothavingit:

I'm not sure what you're getting with these lyrics maybe I'm not seeing it but I just dont get it. It also didnt do well on the charts so I'm sure other people dont get it either, but do you. :queenflopga2:

4 minutes ago, Body ache said:

I'm basing my analysis on shitty lyrics. If you like those lyrics by all means do you, but I still dont see how they are meaningful to black people. Im not trying to discriminate I'm just basing my analysis on the lyrics I posted. Maybe she said something in the song that I havent heard yet. Still a grammy for these lyrics are a bit much. Also theres tons of meaningful songs in the world that doesnt mean they all deserve grammys just because they are meaningful. SP is meaningful if you interpret it one way. Slumber Parties are a social get together that people might relate to cause they experienced it in their childhood and it's meaningful for them. Doesnt mean it desrves a grammy.

Take literally a second to realise what you just compered. If you think both messages are equally as important you're hopeless. If you can't see the struggle for woman when the future president of the US says thing like ''Grab them by the pu$$y'' or the struggle for black people when there are KKK paredes in 2016, and then you dare to make a comparison like that? **** off tbh

4 minutes ago, PedroJu said:

Take literally a second to realise what you just compered. If you think both messages are equally as important you're hopeless. If you can't see the struggle for woman when the future president of the US says thing like ''Grab them by the pu$$y'' or the struggle for black people when there are KKK paredes in 2016, and then you dare to make a comparison like that? **** off tbh

Youre still talking about Formation having a message yet you havent posted any receipts. At least I gave you a receipt. I could give you one from a more meaningful song: Man On The Moon and how Britney or someone else is waiting for a love that she will never get because he doesnt exist. Like post receipts next time and maybe I'll understand what youre saying. Still a song having a meaning doesnt make it grammy worthy.

4 minutes ago, PedroJu said:

How does a grammy have to do with black lives, kkk, and trump? :nyheadache: SHould we just forget quality all together and award noms to songs based on the message it possesses?

7 minutes ago, PedroJu said:

Don't even waste your time. Ppl have a bias against anything other artists do and can't even see it it. it's so easy to just use Google and read analyses on what makes those songs important to certain people but of course no one will do that. Everyone just wants to bash things they won't take the time to understand. Typical ignorant behavior sadly.

1 minute ago, Body ache said:

Youre still talking about Formation having a message yet you havent posted any receipts. At least I gave you a receipt. I could give you one from a more meaningful song: Man On The Moon and how Britney or someone else is waiting for a love that she will never get because he doesnt exist. Like post receipts next time and maybe I'll understand what youre saying. Still a song having a meaning doesnt make it grammy worthy.

The messages are for black women to feel encouraged. That woman can be successful, not just men. A woman can talk to a man like he talks to her. Work hard to achieve your dreams. Take stereotypes that are and turn them into something good, something to be proud of. Be proud of where you come from.
A few of the messages.

2 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

Don't even waste your time. Ppl have a bias against anything other artists do and can't even see it it. it's so easy to just use Google and read analyses on what makes those songs important to certain people but of course no one will do that. Everyone just wants to bash things they won't take the time to understand. Typical ignorant behavior sadly.

Im not saying it doesnt have meaning. It could, but I appreciate Glory's meaning too. I still dont base a grammy on meaning alone. Quality is pretty important too. If you read the op I'm comparing Formation lyrics to Glory's and it's lacking in quality imo and thats what we're discussing so just stay on topic. Meaning is cool tho but thats not what were talking about. You can talk about quality of lyrics now, or lack thereof.

4 minutes ago, Ananaskopf said:

The messages are for black women to feel encouraged. That woman can be successful, not just men. A woman can talk to a man like he talks to her. Work hard to achieve your dreams. Take stereotypes that are and turn them into something good, something to be proud of. Be proud of where you come from.
A few of the messages.

Still I dont see how they gave a nom on meaning alone. What happens to quality then. Beyonce also talks about her husband cheating on her too yet she's still with him so I dont give a lot of credit to Beyonce for coming with with something thats actually meaningful. Wynter Gordon was also a big part of Lemonade as well but I dont see her getting a grammy if she had released this album instead of Beyonce so I'm guessing she bought the nom or got it out of pity because of the backlash the grammy received last time for denying her an award.

2 minutes ago, Body ache said:

Im not saying it doesnt have meaning. It could, but I appreciate Glory's meaning too. I still dont base a grammy on meaning alone. Quality is pretty important too. If you read the op I'm comparing Formation lyrics to Glory's and it's lacking in quality imo and thats what we're discussing so just stay on topic. Meaning is cool tho but thats not what were talking about. You can talk about quality of lyrics now, or lack thereof.

Why do you always compare Glory as a whole to Formation the song anyways? :weirdmeout: Should I get out some of the other Lemonade lyrics for you? :queenriri:

6 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

It's just so shocking to see how ignorant people can be tbh 

5 minutes ago, Ananaskopf said:

A few of the messages.

Couldn't have said it better myself :clap:

Just now, Body ache said:

Still I dont see how they gave a nom on meaning alone. What happens to quality then. Beyonce also talks about her husband cheating on her too yet she's still with him so I dont give a lot of credit to Beyonce for coming with with something thats actually meaningful. Wynter Gordon was also a big part of Lemonade as well but I dont see her getting a grammy if she had released this album instead of Beyonce so I'm guessing she bought the nom or got it out of pity because of the backlash the grammy received last time for denying her an award.

Forgiving the love of your life and staying with them is another option over leaving them. I don't know why it doesn't qualify to you being meaningful because of this. The album is about redemption and forgiveness in the end. 
And why did you compare it to Man on the Moon then when Britney had no part in the lyrics at all?

1 minute ago, Ananaskopf said:

Forgiving the love of your life and staying with them is another option over leaving them. I don't know why it doesn't qualify to you being meaningful because of this. The album is about redemption and forgiveness in the end. 
And why did you compare it to Man on the Moon then when Britney had no part in the lyrics at all?

It's obvious you're bias towards Britney so I'm not going to continue engaging this conversation with you any longer. And dont come at me with Britney's hand in writing lyrics when everyone knows Beyonce steals hers. She stole Wynter Gordons album. Redemption and forgiveness is cool tho but not grammy worthy when you have those kind of lyrics. :queenriri:

10 minutes ago, Ananaskopf said:

Why do you always compare Glory as a whole to Formation the song anyways? :weirdmeout: Should I get out some of the other Lemonade lyrics for you? :queenriri:

Cause when a song is a lead single and gets nominated it represents the whole album. I'm basing it off that, but by all means post something from that album thats better. No one else seemed to.

Just now, Body ache said:

It's obvious you're bias towards Britney so I'm not going to continue engaging this conversation with you any longer. And dont come at me with Britney's hand in writing lyrics when everyone knows Beyonce steals hers. She stole Wynter Gordons album. Redemption and forgiveness is cool tho but not grammy worthy when you have those kind of lyrics. :queenriri:

I have never said anything bad about Britney nor will you ever see me write something bad about her. :cutesybrit:
I'm on a Britney Spears forum so obviously I am her fan and I'm supporting her, with Grammys or without cause idc. :cutesybrit:
That doesn't mean I can't appreciate the work of others, like millions of other people do. :cutesybrit:

34 minutes ago, Ananaskopf said:

back off

why is this even a ******* question when beyonce steals the lyrics from others in the first place? I can bring some receipts.... just saying... :queenriri: