Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"What happened from Mexico to London..."

In that infamous Diane Sawyer interview, she mentions that Britney had a tough year with illness in the family, the breakup from Justin, and "the spasm of press" about things that happened in Mexico and London. Any idea what she's referring to?

Flipping the bird in London and stopping mid-show in Mexico.

I would stop the show too if there was lightning and thousands of gallons of water being dumped on stage.

2 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I would stop the show too if there was lightning and thousands of gallons of water being dumped on stage.

Me too.That was dangerous.

3 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

She easily could have tripped and hurt her knee really badly. Everyone there was so upset, but they should've thought about her safety too:verycool:

In London, I remember a magazine that said the audience left the arena because they noticed she was doing playback.

In Mexico, she stopped her 2nd show because it was raining so bad so they thought it was dangerous because it was a storm. Plus, when she arrived here in Mexico she showed her middle finger to the Paparazzi and they thought she was being too rude because it was her 1St time she came to Mexico. 

Just now, I'mSoCurious said:

She easily could have tripped and hurt her knee really badly. Everyone there was so upset, but they should've thought about her safety too:verycool:

There was so much electrical equipment on stage too, there was just too much risk.

Im just glad they were filming behind the scenes to show there were genuine concerns for her safety :tbh:

4 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

In London, I remember a magazine that said the audience left the arena because they noticed she was doing playback.

In Mexico, she stopped her 2nd show because it was raining so bad so they thought it was dangerous because it was a storm. Plus, when she arrived here in Mexico she showed her middle finger to the Paparazzi and they thought she was being too rude because it was her 1St time she came to Mexico. 

Oh, I thought the finger incident was in London.

And I'm surprised people were mad at her for lip syncing, she used very realistic pre-recorded vocals. She had me fooled for a while.

She flipped off paps in Mexico and they thought she was flipping off the country of Mexico.

She arrived late to the Crossroads premiere in London and didn't have time to greet the fans and got backlash.

I thought the London comment was in reference to when she showed up to the Crossroads premiere late.
As for Mexico, all of that is outlined in "Stages" pretty clearly.

6 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

She's really been ****** with since the beginning. Like normal reactions are taken way out of context cause Britney has to be everyone's perfect princess. That American dream documentary was intense

March 27, 2002:

"Britney Spears was whisked past waiting fans at the London premiere of her movie because of safety fears, according to a spokeswoman for her film company.

The 20-year-old American star enraged a crowd of thousands who had waited for hours in Leicester Square on Monday night by failing to go on a walkabout or sign autographs before the start of her movie Crossroads.

The angry scenes were in stark contrast to the reception received by Tom Cruise at the London premiere of his movie Vanilla Sky in January when, to the delight of fans, he and girlfriend Penelope Cruz embarked on a hour-long walkabout."

SOURCE: http://edition.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/26/britney.fans/index.html?related?related

It is uprofessional to leave the stage but maybe it's her team's fault.Jlo and Beyonce sang live and danced their ***** off in really heavy rain.Beyonce during one FT show waited for the rain to stop and then she continued normally.She payed all the extra money herself.

However, the media were so cruel to Britney back in the days. She was criticised for everything, for things that are considered normal today. She was so young and they put the world on her shoulders. How much success and pressure can a young person stand? This industry destroys young people.

25 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

She flipped off paps in Mexico and they thought she was flipping off the country of Mexico.

She arrived late to the Crossroads premiere in London and didn't have time to greet the fans and got backlash.

OMG, thank you! I thought i was gonna have to read through this entire thread of urban legends without anyone pointing out the truth.

You saved me a paragraph! :bgrin:

1 minute ago, mikeybreeze said:

Can anybody confirm if what happened in Mexico and London was after the breakup with Justin?

From the CNN article I just posted above:

"Earlier, Britney gave her strongest on-the-record hint that she had split up with boyfriend Justin Timberlake.

Asked at a press conference if she was currently in an "intense relationship", she coyly replied: "No, I would not say I was in an intense relationship with anyone at the moment."

Later, she told ITV television that she felt entitled to protect her privacy.

"People talk about my private life. That goes with what I do. You have to accept that," she said. "But if they ask about it, I say it's none of your business."

Tabloid reports on both sides of the Atlantic say she and Timberlake have parted ways, and the cover of the April 1 issue of US Weekly magazine trumpets: "Britney & Justin: It's Over."

But Spears recently told MTV that she and Timberlake were still together.

Told during her London press conference that her British fans were placing bets on her one day dating Prince William, she said: "That's nice. To be associated with him is very cool. Who wouldn't want to be a princess?""

10 minutes ago, mikeybreeze said:

Can anybody confirm if what happened in Mexico and London was after the breakup with Justin?

Mexico happened like a month after they broke up. The first real confirmation was during an overseas Crossroads promo interview that was uploaded to a website in early February 2002.

The interviewer asked Britney if she and Justin were still together. Britney paused for like 5 seconds, then stared off camera at her team for a few more seconds,  and said "yes, we're still together" with no smile and a serious face.  Thats when I KNEW it was over. Then like a week or two later, it was official.

April 17, 2002:

"Talk of the relationship's termination began in mid-March, when tabloids reported that the romance had ended. Spears almost immediately denied the break-up in an interview with MTV Italy (see "Britney Spears Denies Reports Of Split With Justin Timberlake"), and days later a media statement was released jointly by Spears and Timberlake that reinforced her position on the subject. "To set it straight ... they love each other very much and have not broken up," the statement began (see "Britney, Justin Continue To Shoot Down Breakup Claims").

If even the couple has been able to take the omnipresent inquisitions in stride, albeit with tongue firmly planted in cheek, why hasn't there been an official update? Why do their handlers continue to deny what most folks believe is the truth? And more importantly, why do we still care?"

SOURCE: http://www.mtv.com/news/1453473/the-britney-and-justin-mystery-why-they-wont-come-clean/