Do you think Britney will be famous or to be interested by General public again ?

unfortunately no :( I think her last drop of relevancy died in 2011 with the FF era. 2011 was the last chance the GP gave her, she did good with 3 top 3 singles (all of them Max Martin-produced btw) but she lacked as a performer

Then after the GMA fiasco in 2013 her remaining fanbase was like "I´ve had it with this *****"

Her fanbase now are the 80-90K fans (and that includes us here on Exhale) who bought BJ and Glory, and who will continue to buy her future albums

She will continue to play it safe for good so she will never do anything exciting again

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please tell the truth...No bias for me...No...but if you say Yes... How? 

I don't think so. Looking it from an objective viewpoint, there are too many pop stars nowadays that do everything better than her. We have far better singers (Adele, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, etc.) th

16 minutes ago, noturbitch said:

unfortunately no :( I think her last drop of relevancy died in 2011 with the FF era. 2011 was the last chance the GP gave her, she did good with 3 top 3 singles (all of them Max Martin-produced btw) but she lacked as a performer

Then after the GMA fiasco in 2013 her remaining fanbase was like "I´ve had it with this *****"

Her fanbase now are the 80-90K fans (and that includes us here on Exhale) who bought BJ and Glory, and who will continue to buy her future albums

She will continue to play it safe for good so she will never do anything exciting again

sorry but what a complete and utter load of crap 

9 minutes ago, PraiseQueenBrit said:

Lmao if she debuted #1 ya'll would be saying differently

She literally had similar #'s to Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, and those popstars. She's relevant she's just not on top of the world nor is it gonna be easy for her to get a hit unless it's classic Britney, which Make Me is not. 

Exactly. Britney's averaging 13 million Spotify listeners a month which is more than Gaga Katy and almost as much as beyonce. 

People care about britney but Britney also needs to deliver on her fronts and as long as she keeps lip syncing then this new generation will not embrace her 

4 hours ago, xBritneyFan19x said:

I don't think so. Looking it from an objective viewpoint, there are too many pop stars nowadays that do everything better than her.

We have far better singers (Adele, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, etc.) than Britney that, in additional to their better vocal abilities, actually sing live when they perform.

We have far better performers than Britney (Beyonce, Lady Gaga, etc.) that can put on a show with much better energy than Britney can.

We have far better "artists" than Britney that are more involved in the creative music-making process. We have artists that are always pushing boundaries and trying new things with their music, music videos and performances (Beyonce, Lady Gaga, etc.) whereas Britney mostly plays it safe.

We have far better hitmakers than Britney (Rihanna, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift etc.) that can produce smash record after smash record consistently.

We have far more interesting stars that have more to talk about in their music than just *** (Adele, Beyonce, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga; pretty much every current major pop artist).

We have stars with far stronger personalities (Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga etc.) than Britney, who (perhaps sometimes through no fault of her own) has never managed to display much of a personality at all in recent interviews and TV appearances.

We have stars with a far better work ethic than Britney that actually take pride in their work and promote their ***** off to get their new music out there (Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, etc.) as opposed to Britney who has seemed lazy and relatively uninterested in her career for a number of years now. We have stars that WANT to stay on top of the world, and do everything in their power to do just that.

The standard for a pop star has been raised progressively higher and higher over the last decade and Britney is still a pop star stuck in the 2000s. If you look at the people I've mentioned above, almost all of them are mentioned in at least a few of the categories I've listed; most are mentioned in many. Britney is not up to the current standard in a single one. The music we've gotten recently is decent but it's not smash-hit material and it's not innovative or groundbreaking. Britney would have to completely reinvent her persona, her artistry, and her performances to again attract the attention of the general public. For ANY artist that's near-two decades into their career that's a huge ask, but for a star who seems so disinterested in artistic progression there's no chance in hell of it happening.

Thank you!!!

5 hours ago, xBritneyFan19x said:

I don't think so. Looking it from an objective viewpoint, there are too many pop stars nowadays that do everything better than her.

We have far better singers (Adele, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, etc.) than Britney that, in additional to their better vocal abilities, actually sing live when they perform.

We have far better performers than Britney (Beyonce, Lady Gaga, etc.) that can put on a show with much better energy than Britney can.

We have far better "artists" than Britney that are more involved in the creative music-making process. We have artists that are always pushing boundaries and trying new things with their music, music videos and performances (Beyonce, Lady Gaga, etc.) whereas Britney mostly plays it safe.

We have far better hitmakers than Britney (Rihanna, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift etc.) that can produce smash record after smash record consistently.

We have far more interesting stars that have more to talk about in their music than just *** (Adele, Beyonce, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga; pretty much every current major pop artist).

We have stars with far stronger personalities (Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga etc.) than Britney, who (perhaps sometimes through no fault of her own) has never managed to display much of a personality at all in recent interviews and TV appearances.

We have stars with a far better work ethic than Britney that actually take pride in their work and promote their ***** off to get their new music out there (Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, etc.) as opposed to Britney who has seemed lazy and relatively uninterested in her career for a number of years now. We have stars that WANT to stay on top of the world, and do everything in their power to do just that.

The standard for a pop star has been raised progressively higher and higher over the last decade and Britney is still a pop star stuck in the 2000s. If you look at the people I've mentioned above, almost all of them are mentioned in at least a few of the categories I've listed; most are mentioned in many. Britney is not up to the current standard in a single one. The music we've gotten recently is decent but it's not smash-hit material and it's not innovative or groundbreaking. Britney would have to completely reinvent her persona, her artistry, and her performances to again attract the attention of the general public. For ANY artist that's near-two decades into their career that's a huge ask, but for a star who seems so disinterested in artistic progression there's no chance in hell of it happening.

Are you by any chance implying that Britney's level stayed the same as it was in the 2000s?

Because 2000ney destroys all of the mentioned women in terms of being a performer/popstar.

The standards of popstars nowadays are anything but higher when you have Taylor Swift and Katy Perry being successful. They don't have one tenth of Britney's shine and energy in her prime. You'll never see another popgirl deliver like Britney did in her Onyx Hotel Tour. They are jokes compared to what she was.

Her breakdown sadly made her decline in every aspect, and had she remained the same as her prime years, she would have no competition other than Beyoncé. Stop pushing for this false "she is stuck in past" narrative. She would be in a much better place today had she truly remained in her past.

Saying Britney is not interested in artistic growth is a huge mistake. She was just not given the opportunity to grow, she was forced into the Circus, FF and BJ eras. And when she was finally given freedom she gave us Glory, an album where she experiments with news sounds, sings a song in French and uses Spanish vocabulary. You are being so unfair to her I can't.

Britney is STILL famous. Did you watch the X-Factor in 2012? Even though she didn't generate much interest in terms of people wanting her to be their coach, almost everyone who auditioned says she's a legend. She's a big star.

On Ellen, did you see the boy Ellen and Britney talked to? How he reacted to seeing Britney? 

I think people recognize who Britney is - her two most iconic songs remain to be BOMT and Toxic. They're just not checking on her. The key is to have a massive radio hit, kinda like Till The World Ends and I Wanna Go, and the GP will certainly become interested again.

It all boils down to this: We really need a song that will match or surpass the status of Toxic. 

I don't think so. I'm afraid she won't have a huge hit ever again too. People just get off on hating her. A very small part of it is warranted bc the pop landscape has changed and she chooses to remain in her lip syncing past but still, boycotting by radio stations is just ridiculous & VERY hard to overcome. 

8 minutes ago, button said:

Are you by any chance implying that Britney's level stayed the same as it was in the 2000s?

Because 2000ney destroys all of the mentioned women in terms of being a performer/popstar.

The standards of popstars nowadays are anything but higher when you have Taylor Swift and Katy Perry being successful. They don't have one tenth of Britney's shine and energy in her prime. You'll never see another popgirl deliver like Britney did in her Onyx Hotel Tour. They are jokes compared to what she was.

Her breakdown sadly made her decline in every aspect, and had she remained the same as her prime years, she would have no competition other than Beyoncé. Stop pushing for this false "she is stuck in past" narrative. She would be in a much better place today had she truly remained in her past.

I think what he's trying to say is Britney is stuck in the same performing style and visuals of the early 2000s. I don't think that's entirely her fault because she doesn't have fresh creative direction to help her make the most of her ideas. The lipsyncing doesn't help either 

1 hour ago, PraiseQueenBrit said:

Lmao if she debuted #1 ya'll would be saying differently

She literally had similar #'s to Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, and those popstars. She's relevant she's just not on top of the world nor is it gonna be easy for her to get a hit unless it's classic Britney, which Make Me is not. 

the fact that she still keeps up, Xtina could never :tbh: 
IA though, she debuted at #3 and people are acting like she's done. 

3 minutes ago, button said:

@Allmylife

i edited my post, please replace my quote

I agree with your point. Britney's incredibly creative she just needs the right people to help steer her in the right direction. The notion that glory isn't experimental because it isn't setting new trends doesn't mean the music itself isn't different and unique for Britney. 

I just wksh wish there was a Laren for the creative direction and visual direction for Britney 

considering the general public loves Make Me this is a ******** thread. The public gets her to the top of iTunes and radio countdowns, not her loyal fans. The public was always more haters than fans but that doesn't mean she doesn't have a big following with the public 

10 minutes ago, Allmylife said:

I agree with your point. Britney's incredibly creative she just needs the right people to help steer her in the right direction. The notion that glory isn't experimental because it isn't setting new trends doesn't mean the music itself isn't different and unique for Britney. 

I just wksh wish there was a Laren for the creative direction and visual direction for Britney 

Yes not enough effort is being poured in her visuals nowadays but honestly I don't understand people saying they're stuck in past. I wish they were stuck in the past so we could have the stage being turned into a jungle (VMA 2001) or have highly-produced performances à la Onyx Hotel. Everything was stunning about those visuals.

All I could wish from Britney is that she could perform like the fierce ***** she was in her prime days. I don't want her to rely too much on props and extravagant things that Katy or Taylor use to cover up their lack of performing skills.