Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today's meltdown is the price of unrealistic expectations...

Recommended Posts

I can't believe what's happened here today because of an article in which Larry discussed the Make Me video. I've yet to decide whether it's legitimately pissed off everyone or just people who were still hurting about the original MV.

 

I want Britney to do well, I want her to succeed, I want the album sales to be commendable and I want her singles to make an impact on pop culture. I want her to perform well, dance well, sing live. Above all I want her to be HAPPY and I would feel terrible paying my money if she really didn't even want to be on that stage. But I probably still would.

 

This forum falls for it every time there's a new video, appearance or performance out; we hype it up, we hope things are going to astound us, we think her team will make the right decisions. Then a number of us start bemoaning the fact that it doesn't happen.

 

There's only been little hints here and there over the past decade that Britney appears more interested once again; when I see her looking toned, when I see her tweeting from rehearsals. But nothing has ever told me to unconditionally believe that she's going to be back to her prime. I don't take these little signs as proof that she's going to slay the world once again, I just hope that it means she's happy. 

 

But we need to stop been disappointed with everything. It's been nine years of this and the fact that many of us have stuck with her is a testament that this fan base CAN be united. I still love her and support her even when I know she can't be bothered, whether that makes me foolish or not.

 

I think Britney's been on a very slow, gradual trajectory of improvement since 2007, but I honestly believe that the end of the conservator ship would let us know where she really stands. We know NOTHING about the details, but it pains me to watch her strut about on Ellen with all the legal rights of her own children. Sometimes I am terrified for her that she is under someone's control and she hates it, and there's little she can do about it. 

 

Only when we know that Britney herself has 100% control over her own career will we able to see what she wants. I don't think the C-ship is enough of a focal point amongst fans anymore; we've been told that it's merely legal in name and just a formality now, but I don't believe that. For all we know Britney could be wanting to make choices for her career that get rebuffed by people around her.

 

For whatever reason, and regardless of whether or not we ever find out why, Britney is not the same. I accept that, and don't expect the old one to magically reappear. It sounds crazy as I write this sentence but right now if we want to be Britney fans, we have to support her and not criticise her for not matching our expectations. I would like the vigour of her pre-conservatorship days back, but I don't expect them. It's not helping Britney or ourselves if we just continue to wait for the old Britney to come back with music, promotion and performances that satisfy us. 

Share this post


Link to post

I think she has more control than we give her/them credit for. 

 

Nobody bullied her into doing POM. She wanted the stability. And she still does. 

 

Everything else is just a way of keeping POM going. 

 

Glory is basically just a big POM promotion. "Seen POM already? Come again now and see Britney perform 2 brand new songs!" 

 

It'll never end. But I'm ok with that now. Britney will never re-peak commercially. She's made a great album and that's enough for me. I'll never expect a great MV or promo performance from her ever again :tifftear:

Share this post


Link to post

Completely agree! I think shes doing the best she can. It must be hard doing what shes doing whilst being under constant control. I think she sometimes feels embarrassed about her situation and because of this she finds it hard to let go and be confident in public. We have to be understanding 

Share this post


Link to post

These are the attitudes I was looking for guys! I understand why people feel kicked into the dirt that another era is getting tainted, but we have a brilliant album, Britney's busy, etc. We can't expect for her to come with live vocals and dancing like her peak. We just can't anymore, until we have concrete evidence that it's what she wants and she's hungry for it. Until she does a tell-all interview (never), I'll support her blindly regardless. Something is not right, and hasn't been for nine years; I'm not going to be disappointed about everything she does when I know there's likely a highly volatile reason for it.

 

I know she agreed to POM and for that I commend her, and I'm glad she's enjoying something. But I just want this woman to feel like a woman again.

Share this post


Link to post

i truly, truly hope the conservatorship would end soon. it's heartbreaking to see someone can't have control of anything, while provides for her whole family, takes care of her children, AND still try to do the best for her fans. I'm genuinely sad for her on a personal level tbh.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah I'm not buying the she's under total lock and chain. I believe the conservatorship was meant to protect her assets, since it's obviously a lot and to possibly shield her from appearing in court. I'm pretty sure she has basic rights back like being allowed to select her own doctor. She can go out without her conservator. 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, MoodRing said:

Only when we know that Britney herself has 100% control over her own career will we able to see what she wants. I don't think the C-ship is enough of a focal point amongst fans anymore; we've been told that it's merely legal in name and just a formality now, but I don't believe that. For all we know Britney could be wanting to make choices for her career that get rebuffed by people around her.

 

For whatever reason, and regardless of whether or not we ever find out why, Britney is not the same. I accept that, and don't expect the old one to magically reappear. It sounds crazy as I write this sentence but right now if we want to be Britney fans, we have to support her and not criticise her for not matching our expectations. I would like the vigour of her pre-conservatorship days back, but I don't expect them. It's not helping Britney or ourselves if we just continue to wait for the old Britney to come back with music, promotion and performances that satisfy us. 

Thank you!

It's her Team that builds up fans' expectations, yet they never address the conservatorship when the wind is let out of fans' sails.

I truly believe that the c-ship is far more than "merely legal in name."

The fact that people like Robin Greenhill accompany her everywhere should be the first clue that it's more than just a legal status. Has anyone ever thought about who Robin is, and what her role is in all of this? There's much more going on behind the scenes than fans are privy to.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Thank you!

It's her Team that builds up fans' expectations, yet they never address the conservatorship when the wind is let out of fans' sails.

I truly believe that the c-ship is far more than "merely legal in name."

The fact that people like Robin Greenhill accompany her everywhere should be the first clue that it's more than just a legal status. Has anyone ever thought about who Robin is, and what her role is in all of this? There's much more going on behind the scenes than fans are privy to.

Spill the tea sis. Who is this Robin? 

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, MoodRing said:

I can't believe what's happened here today because of an article in which Larry discussed the Make Me video. I've yet to decide whether it's legitimately pissed off everyone or just people who were still hurting about the original MV.

 

I want Britney to do well, I want her to succeed, I want the album sales to be commendable and I want her singles to make an impact on pop culture. I want her to perform well, dance well, sing live. Above all I want her to be HAPPY and I would feel terrible paying my money if she really didn't even want to be on that stage. But I probably still would.

 

This forum falls for it every time there's a new video, appearance or performance out; we hype it up, we hope things are going to astound us, we think her team will make the right decisions. Then a number of us start bemoaning the fact that it doesn't happen.

 

There's only been little hints here and there over the past decade that Britney appears more interested once again; when I see her looking toned, when I see her tweeting from rehearsals. But nothing has ever told me to unconditionally believe that she's going to be back to her prime. I don't take these little signs as proof that she's going to slay the world once again, I just hope that it means she's happy. 

 

But we need to stop been disappointed with everything. It's been nine years of this and the fact that many of us have stuck with her is a testament that this fan base CAN be united. I still love her and support her even when I know she can't be bothered, whether that makes me foolish or not.

 

I think Britney's been on a very slow, gradual trajectory of improvement since 2007, but I honestly believe that the end of the conservator ship would let us know where she really stands. We know NOTHING about the details, but it pains me to watch her strut about on Ellen with all the legal rights of her own children. Sometimes I am terrified for her that she is under someone's control and she hates it, and there's little she can do about it. 

 

Only when we know that Britney herself has 100% control over her own career will we able to see what she wants. I don't think the C-ship is enough of a focal point amongst fans anymore; we've been told that it's merely legal in name and just a formality now, but I don't believe that. For all we know Britney could be wanting to make choices for her career that get rebuffed by people around her.

 

For whatever reason, and regardless of whether or not we ever find out why, Britney is not the same. I accept that, and don't expect the old one to magically reappear. It sounds crazy as I write this sentence but right now if we want to be Britney fans, we have to support her and not criticise her for not matching our expectations. I would like the vigour of her pre-conservatorship days back, but I don't expect them. It's not helping Britney or ourselves if we just continue to wait for the old Britney to come back with music, promotion and performances that satisfy us. 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post

Who is robin?

And yeah Britney is not the same.. she has kids now career isnt her priority anymore...i dont think she would want to be that famous as she once was...that kind of fame took a lot from her..

Share this post


Link to post

This album is great and one of her best works I think so musically I'm very satisfied. And she's doing really good recently. I don't visit here regularly like I used to because these are just too many meltdowns and I'm sick of it.

I'm proud of our girl and I won't let anyone ruin my feelings.

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Robin Greenhill was her personal assistant. She works at Tristar Sports and Entertainment.

Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group is a business management firm that specializes in accounting, tax, royalties and audits for athlete's and entertainers. We currently have two locations in Los Angeles and in Nashville. Please feel free to email us at [email protected]

Robin btw BCntlVsCcAAhpha.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, EsterThePassenger said:

The point is take her or leave her. :angietea:

Yeah, and I know that's not a great attitude to be sharing with fans, but it's where we're at. Instead of hyping up her next performance we should just expect something of the caliber we've been getting this year.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, GiveMeASign96 said:

I thought Robin Greenhill was her personal assistant. She works at Tristar Sports and Entertainment.

Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group is a business management firm that specializes in accounting, tax, royalties and audits for athlete's and entertainers. We currently have two locations in Los Angeles and in Nashville. Please feel free to email us at [email protected]

Robin btw BCntlVsCcAAhpha.jpg

Yes, that's what their web site says. But it's much more than that.

I'll post some links as I dig them up.

Share this post


Link to post

Just release the original MM video and things will get better....otherwise bye Glory era...we need that video, just release it even if only as a present for fans that have always been there supporting Brit through thick and thin!

Share this post


Link to post

i agree with you and as for the "i want her to be happy", that's what i want to. but after seeing that things didn't turn out as well as they were expecting to makes me feel bad for her. like she seemed so interested in this era and so focused on doing this promo and yet the album didn't do that great and that's why i feel sad. because she may feel sad too. i mean in the BJ era when the album flopped i wasn't that dissapointed because she clearly wasn't in it. she was like "**** it, i don't care if they want to buy the album" but now she was so into it. she was everywhere! anyway, i put the blame on her team AND on britney but i'm sure with a better promo plan next time the results will be greater. if she wants to be on top again she can cuz she's got it

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...