Jump to content

Dua Lipa hopes to be this generation's Madonna


Recommended Posts

  • Community Leader

dua-madonna.jpg.d2c90e46fad29aab1a862b3da679d459.jpg

Dua Lipa released one of the best records of the year with Future Nostalgia. Not only was it an immaculate and cohesive body of work, but Dua pushed her own artistic boundaries. The growth from her debut to sophomore album is obvious, and greatly appreciated. Dua hopes she can hold that magic in a bottle for decades to come like her idol, the queen of pop, Madonna. 

“I feel like Madonna peaked at 40 or 45 and made the best pop album known, and she continues to kill it," Lipa tells The Sun.

“Women, we can do it for as long as we want to. And then at some point I’ll retire with a couple of dogs and take up smoking again.” :byesmoke:

She adds: “The success I’ve had is more than I ever imagined was possible. To be really honest, I never thought I would get this far."

“Not because I didn’t think I could, but because I didn’t know something like this was possible."

“It can be frustrating because you have to play the long game, you have to spend the hours in the studio and write."

“You have to try to beat your personal best and express yourself, because no matter how much you think you know, you are always coming up with better ways to explain yourself.”

Do you think Dua has what it takes to remain relevant for years to come? Will she be ~the next Madonna~? Sound off.
 

 

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

Link to post
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my eyes she’s better 

this ***** can't even be madonna house cleaner 

She Won’t, So That’s Sad.   The Only Person Who Is On - Par With Madge Is Britney, Case Closed.  I Hope Dua Falls Off Tbh, Her Music Is The Most Mediocre, Soulless, Generic Music I Have Ever Heard.  “

Posted Images

  • Community Super Mods

Ok, first of all. This isn't shade, ok? But reading this made me very sad... for her.

"The success I’ve had is more than I ever imagined was possible. To be really honest, I never thought I would get this far."

Imagine thinking this when you haven't even peaked yet. :eheeek:

  • Haha 6
  • Like 2

🦄 💛🧡💜

Link to post
  • Community Super Mods
12 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Ok, first of all. This isn't shade, ok? But reading this made me very sad... for her.

"The success I’ve had is more than I ever imagined was possible. To be really honest, I never thought I would get this far."

Imagine thinking this when you haven't even peaked yet. :eheeek:

Tea but she has accomplished a lot more than SHE thinks she could. She probably was happy getting a hit and a Nickelodeon award and now she’s accomplished more than that :haha:

  • Like 2

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
  • Community Super Mods
Just now, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Tea but she has accomplished a lot more than SHE thinks she could. She probably was happy getting a hit and a Nickelodeon award and now she’s accomplished more than that

Yeah! Like it reads as two things. One, she has low standards. Like, chile you haven't even reached even just a quarter of Britney's peak and you're already this happy. Two, she's underestimating herself and what she could achieve overall. Like, girl you can do so much more. This is just the tip of the iceberg. :mattafact:

  • Haha 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

Link to post
28 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Ok, first of all. This isn't shade, ok? But reading this made me very sad... for her.

"The success I’ve had is more than I ever imagined was possible. To be really honest, I never thought I would get this far."

Imagine thinking this when you haven't even peaked yet. :eheeek:

She couldn't stop crying when she found out about her first Grammy nominations. A lot of UK artists didn't expect to make it big in US / WW.

  • Love 1
Link to post
  • Community Super Mods
Just now, Invitation said:

She couldn't stop crying when she found out about her first Grammy nominations. A lot of UK artists didn't expect to make it big in US / WW.

It's so sad. :crying3:

🦄 💛🧡💜

Link to post
  • Community Super Mods
27 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Yeah! Like it reads as two things. One, she has low standards. Like, chile you haven't even reached even just a quarter of Britney's peak and you're already this happy. Two, she's underestimating herself and what she could achieve overall. Like, girl you can do so much more. This is just the tip of the iceberg. :mattafact:

My girl is humble :urite:

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
  • Exhale+

I think Dua Lipa will get bigger than she is now. Don’t start now has been in the BB100 Top Ten for how long now :brit2016: Break my heart is growing too which has me thinking that her music for the GP is a grower:whatitellu:. Future Nostalgia is a great album but my only complaint is that its too short at 11 tracks:joanne:

  • Like 1

*~Living Legend You Can Look But Don't Touch :cutesybritney_tongue_britney_p_lick:~*

Link to post

Honestly as much as I love Dua, I don’t see that ‘star’ in her. Before anyone comes for me as a Camila fan, I also don’t see that same quality in her either.

The only person I think that is on her way to becoming a Madonna is Rihanna. I dont think she’s peaked yet either, I think she’s going to be even bigger with her next album, if that’s even possible. 

  • Like 5
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block