Britney Not The Retiring TypeJanuary 7, 2005
Britney Spears would like to “rephrase.”Less than three months after announcing she was taking a break from her tabloid-tracked career, the pop star says what she meant was she was “taking a break from being told what to do.”In other words: Although she never really went away, she’s back anyway.Per the letter posted Monday on her Website, Spears has been a regular multitasking multihyphenate. In recent weeks, the non-retiring entertainer:
* Codirected “a cute video” for “Do Somethin’,” an original track off her greatest-hits collection.
* “Came up with all the choreography and styled the entire shoot myself using Juicy Couture clothing.”
* Butted heads with her record label over the clip. (“But, in the end, I think everything came out great.”)
* Threw herself into “working on writing and hopefully eventually directing a musical which makes fun of the whole Hollywood scene.” (Its tentative title: Hollywood.)
* Acquired a new dog, Lucky.
* Bought a dresser and a “baby chandelier” for Lucky’s shared room with Bit Bit, another dog.
Spears’ thorough accounting of her activities had to be cut short, she wrote, because she needed to tend to Lacy, yet another dog from her kennel, “who has been sick for a little while” and requires medicine.
There was no mention of Kevin Federline, the dog–sorry, the onetime backup dancer whom she wed last fall.
While Spears did not gush about her husband, there’s no indication she has lost faith in the fedora-wearing red-carpet accessory. Quite the contrary.
The New York Daily News reported Wednesday that Spears has signed with a new manager with an eye not just toward her career but Federline’s, as well. Spears wants to help Federline become a hip-hop star, a source tells the paper.
Spears, who turned 22 on Dec. 2, confirmed her ambition to become more “hands on” with the “business side of things” in her Web missive.
“The things I’ve been doing for work lately have been so much fun, because it’s not like work to me anymore,” she wrote, adding that enjoying one’s work is the way of all “True Masters.”
On the work side of things, as Spears might put it, she is already beginning to hype her latest new album, The Original Doll (working title).
On the Los Angeles radio station KIIS-FM last week, Spears played a rough mix of a new song called “Mona Lisa,” and said the complete CD might be ready for release by summer.
So much for the vacation. Apparently somebody’s got to pay for all those lights in Lucky and Bit Bit’s chandelier. thanks britneyexperts.com
Source – Eonline.com