After weeks of speculation the Pop Queen will take residency in Las Vegas for two years for a $100 million, the deal fell through, reports BuzzFeed.com.
BreatheHeavy first reported she was not slated to take the stage at the Colosseum at Caesar’s Palace, rather perform at Planet Hollywood’s 7,000 capacity theater.
Emily Wofford, public relations director for Caesars Entertainment, confirmed that there was no space in the schedule for Britney. “We are packed every weekend” for months, Wofford said.
She added Caesars Entertainment “is engaged with a number of today’s top artists in discussions regarding headlining residencies at our venues in Las Vegas,” but not in talks with Britney.
However, they are “always interested in having artists with the caliber of Britney Spears performing at our theaters.”
A knowledgeable source in Vegas claims that deal fell through when hypnotist Marshall Sylver announced last week that he would kick off an open-ended residency at the theater on March 19.
There’s still hope! “There was one definite offer for Britney in Las Vegas. A second one followed when the news broke,” a second Vegas source said, adding that the prospect is still under “serious consideration,” but no Vegas residency until her eighth album is wrapped up.
Part of the reluctance to sign Britney came to light after Beyonce’s lip-synching scandal, scaring off Vegas execs who depend on tourists to bring in the big bucks. No live singing = no tourists.
Vegas might be out, but a world tour definitely isn’t.