still living the dream
It's been roughly two weeks since we started (religiously) bumping dumblonde's self-titled LP, and we're not the only ones, based on the sold-out crowd at their tour kickoff in New York City.
On Wednesday night (October 7), your favorite new twosome (Aubrey O'Day + Shannon Bex) took their slinky, electro-pop collection of tracks to the Big Apple for an intimate and yet roaringly intense hour long set, which gave us alllllll the feels. Packed with their new material, a DK goodie and some small but effective props, the pair gave us everything we wanted from them. And LBR, if you're a fan of these women, you've been through the DK trenches and are probably in this ~tender green life~ for the long run.
If you have tickets to some of their other tour dates (or, at least, considering copping them), here's everything you can expect from da-da-dumblonde's show! ?
1. You know how some singers only perform a select amount of cuts off a new release? Well, dumblonde performed every. single. song. off the freakin' album. Learn dem lyrics!
2. Plus, a Danity Kane favorite. Need that THIRST quenched with a glass of lemonade? #RIP
3. There were also plenty of mash-up bits of your favorite '90s songs like Susanne Vega's "Tom's Diner," Bell Biv DeVoe's "Poison," Ace of Base's "All That She Wants" and Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit."
4. Also, they taught us a V important mathematic equation: LIVE vocals + a band = BEST THING EVER. ?
5. Some boom kack choreography that will give you all the MTB/DK5/DK3/etc. feels. These girls can D-A-N-C-E.
6. Two words: CROWD SURFING. Ask yourself when's the last time you've seen a gorgeous AF pop star brave the audience and jump into a sea of people.
7. Oh, and probably the most important thing: their sisterhood. No matter what you think of their singing, dancing or personalities, there's no denying that these girls really do ~love~ each other, and it showed.
You can buy tickets to see dumblonde on tour right here!